Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2013, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
According to EF, these are the MCTs for MSP:

For DL-DL connections:
D-D: 30 minutes
D-I: 35 minutes
I-D: 1 hour 15 minutes (30 minutes if coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, 1 hour if coming from a Canadian airport without preclearance)
I-I: 1 hour 15 minutes (35 minutes if coming from a Canadian airport with preclearance, 1 hour if coming from a Canadian airport without preclearance)

Generic online and offline connection times:
D-D: 40 minutes
D-I: 40 minutes
I-D: 1 hour
I-I: 1 hour

Between DL and another carrier: 3 hours 30 minutes
Print Wikipost

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
I had a 45-minute connection today in MSP and made it with plenty of time to spare and so did my checked baggage.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:53 am

You should be fine they have a train that can take you to from the different terminals and the traveling walkways so unless your flight was signifcantly late you should have plenty of time.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
This can obviously change, but I have taken the MSP-JAX flight a few times lately, and it usually goes out of gate G2. Since the flight from SFO will come in somewhere in the C, F or G concourses, this would actually be a pretty central location for the connection. If memory serves, most of my SFO flights have been via F or G, so this should work out fine.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
I got really screwed up last weekend when we came in on C - until I realized I was coming in on the SJC flight and not the SFO flight :-)

With that said, usually the SFO flights have plenty of block time and arrive early. Sometimes crap happens at SFO (really bad fog), and you get delayed, but most of the time 40min+ should be no problem coming off of SFO-MSP.
Old May 8, 2008, 11:07 am

Is 90 mins int'l to domestic connection time sufficient at MSP?

I am flying

AF201 MAA-CDG 2:15AM-8:45AM (WBC)

connecting on to

NW61 CDG-MSP 12:45PM-3:20PM (WBC)

connecting on to

NW746 MSP-DTW 4:50PM-7:51PM (F)

all on the same day.

I have two bags checked-in. Is 90 minutes enough time in MSP to check-out bags, clear customs and get to the next gate?

Is 4 hours enough time for the connection at CDG - transferring terminals, customs (if any) etc?

Thanks,
sntrao
Old May 8, 2008, 11:39 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
under most circumstances you shouldn't have a problem with either.
Old May 8, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
It also depends on the passport you carry. Instead of taking the bus to go around the CDG airport, the gate agent suggested to go through immigration and get to the gate quicker with a US passport. Your US immigration could go quick if you hold a US passport/resident card.
Old May 8, 2008, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
A few weeks back, I came into MSP from AMS on an mid afternoon arrival. It was a breeze. You collect your bags from an airside belt, clear customs and recheck your bags at a drop. There's a separate security check just for international arrivals that puts you right in the middle of the G concourse. I made my 90 minute connection with plenty of time to spare.

The only potential question mark is if there's another international arrival at the same time.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Getting out of the plane is easier since you are in WBC, and even if an earlier plane was late into MSP filling the immigration lines, there are plenty of flights MSP-DTW, so you'll just be booked on the next one no problem.
Old May 8, 2008, 6:04 pm

Thanks all! I hold a resident card. Looks like I can make both the connections without pain.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
It also depends on the passport you carry. Instead of taking the bus to go around the CDG airport, the gate agent suggested to go through immigration and get to the gate quicker with a US passport. Your US immigration could go quick if you hold a US passport/resident card.
Old May 8, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
How does 105min sound in SEA??? Has anyone ever done an int'l to domestic connection on NWA there?

If I do the itin I'm thinking of (to get the A332 in Y instead of 747) I would arrive from NRT to SEA at 720A and leave for MSP at 905A. I could do the flight at noon, but would rather not, obviously...the only problem is I'm booking them as 2 separate tickets, not for price, but for equipment (and it only would send me through MSP, DTW, or LAX).
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2008, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by mkenwayx
How does 105min sound in SEA??? Has anyone ever done an int'l to domestic connection on NWA there?
Shouldn't be too bad if you can get to immigration quickly just to be safe. Same terminal so you just have to reclear security and go upstairs. Could be out of jet door to the NW lounge in as little as 10 minutes if you get the immigration quickly, no laggers from the previous flight, have no checked bags and are not pulled for a customs secondary.
Old May 9, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Shouldn't be too bad if you can get to immigration quickly just to be safe. Same terminal so you just have to reclear security and go upstairs. Could be out of jet door to the NW lounge in as little as 10 minutes if you get the immigration quickly, no laggers from the previous flight, have no checked bags and are not pulled for a customs secondary.
Thanks a lot! That's what I figured, just wanted to be sure.
Old May 11, 2008, 9:39 pm

How about 1 hr. 17 at MSP, going AMS-MSP-MCI in the main cabin? I just got this schedule change; it looks like they removed the later MSP-MCI flight from the schedule, so I'm on the last of the day. Generally o.k. if they take responsibility for a missed connection and put me up for the night, but I'm thinking of booking a car service to take me home from MCI, so I wonder what I'll be liable for if I don't get in that night. (I have a U.S. passport, I'll add.)

Last edited by rove312; May 11, 2008 at 9:44 pm
Old May 12, 2008, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by rove312
How about 1 hr. 17 at MSP, going AMS-MSP-MCI in the main cabin? I just got this schedule change; it looks like they removed the later MSP-MCI flight from the schedule, so I'm on the last of the day. Generally o.k. if they take responsibility for a missed connection and put me up for the night, but I'm thinking of booking a car service to take me home from MCI, so I wonder what I'll be liable for if I don't get in that night. (I have a U.S. passport, I'll add.)
Doable? Yes. Advisable? I don't think so. The LHR flight comes in at the exact same time as your AMS flight, filling customs. If you're feeling lucky, you can try, and if that doesn't work either drive from MSP, try to catch the 7:20p to STL, the 9:20p to ICT, the 9:30p to STL, 10:15p to OMA or 10:30p to DSM and drive from there. Or simply move up your AMS flight if possible. If you go for it, just make sure to get a seat as forward as possible.

As far as what NW will be liable for, I'm not sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.