Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Congratuations on Becoming a Delta Air Lines Million Miler!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2001, 11:39 pm

Congrats L-1011...

I too made MM this past week, and will see if anything out of the ordanary occurs on my flight home in a couple days.

I am looking forward to receiving my signed Leo photo.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 7:00 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by orix:
Congrats L-1011...

I too made MM this past week, and will see if anything out of the ordanary occurs on my flight home in a couple days.

I am looking forward to receiving my signed Leo photo.
</font>
Congrats to both of you. May you have no flight delays or cancelations on your next 1 million

Don't get your hopes up for that signed photo. Never got mine

Reaching the 1 million mile (and then the 2 million mile) plateau were big things for me but not for Delta. I had heard that they would contact you personally and take you out to lunch/dinner, announce it on the flight etc. But nothing. No phone call. No announcement. Nothing

Just a catalog to choose from. Wife wanted the Tiffany crystal candlestick holders (1 million). I insisted on the Hartman roll-aboard at 2 million

I hope I make it to 3 million!
Old Jul 10, 2001, 8:22 am

Programs: Vanishing
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
L-1011, keep us posted on the gift that you receive. Perhaps you will receive an autographed picture of Leo holding an FT991.</font>
Now, that would be something to look forward to but I promise I won't hold my breath

/Pete
Old Jul 15, 2001, 3:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gator21:

Reaching the 1 million mile (and then the 2 million mile) plateau were big things for me but not for Delta. I had heard that they would contact you personally and take you out to lunch/dinner, announce it on the flight etc. But nothing. No phone call. No announcement. Nothing

</font>
In 20 years of flying, I have never been notified of any passenger reaching 1MM,2MM,etc. and this being their first flight with the elevated status. If they are promising you that you will be celebrated on your next flight, there is a serious internal breakdown in communication! We have no way of knowing when, precisely, a certain customer reaches their premium status. Please don't take it personally if we don't celebrate with you. Rest assured, though, I am grateful for your loyalty and appreciate your business!
Old Jul 15, 2001, 3:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L-1011:
]

I did get my hopes up a bit though, when the flight attendant discreetly dropped a linen table cloth from first on the free seat next to me (10B on an MD-90) but the expected meal to follow the linen never materialized.

Oh, well, better luck at 2MM

/Pete
</font>
Congratulations on reaching your 1MM status. My guess is that your fellow passengers in FC all elected to eat and therefore she had no clean meal tray to offer you. It's either that or she was not willing to face the other coach passengers who would be asking "why did he get that meal and I got only this?"
Pure speculation on my part, though.
Enjoy being a Million Miler!
Old Jul 15, 2001, 7:33 pm

Sky**** I can't bring myself to call you a maid cause the FA's are hardly that. Anyway, your post exemplifies why DL has the best people.

Anyway, on the flight where I hit MMMMMM+, there was an announcement and my favorite wine. Problem is, there are way too many MM's etc for DL to pay attention unless it's close to 10MM than 1MM.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
When I reached 2MM a couple of years ago, Delta no longer offered a choice of gifts. They just sent me a small Tumi bag. It's really nice, I must say. Other than that, no special recognition.

Bruce
Old Jul 16, 2001, 6:19 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
I have had my MM status only mentioned once in the 4 years since I crossed the line. Since only one FA is all that has ever acknowledged me because of the milestone, I am not sure it is even noticed. Any idea how many MM's are out there?

------------------
PDX MM,PM AK MVP UAL PE
Old Aug 2, 2001, 8:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jeffreyt:
Congratulations! I wonder if they still are giving out the Tumi portfolios as a gift I received a couple years ago along with stationery, lifetime MM silver medallion card, etc. You'll have to let us know what you've receive. </font>
and from Rssrsvp:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
L-1011, keep us posted on the gift that you receive. Perhaps you will receive an autographed picture of Leo holding an FT991.</font>
and from CAVU:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Any idea how many MM's are out there?</font>
The big day is finally here. When I came home today, there was a package from FedEx waiting at my door. Yes, it contained a Tumi briefcase, the M credentials (black "Lifetime Silver Medallion" tags with the Circle-M on them and "ONE" above that. The package was addressed to me with the addition "Ref. Million Miler #75286" so I guess that's how many there are now. All nicely wrapped in Delta gift paper, blue ribbon and a large "M" sticker.

I think it was a nice gift and I appreciate it. The stationary I've heard so much about doesn't seem to be given out any more. I'm also glad I didn't hold my breath for the autographed Leo picture but I think the autographed L-1011 certificate I got on 1949 is better.

/Pete

[This message has been edited by L-1011 (edited 08-02-2001).]
Old Aug 3, 2001, 6:43 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L-1011:
Yes, it contained a Tumi briefcase
</font>
A real briefcase?
All I got was a letter size portfolio stamped with the Delta MM stuff in 2 places (making it unusable in public IMO). They did send me the stationary which I would trade for the briefcase.

As for recognition by Delta employees, MM status has been mentioned to me many times. It's also helped with operational upgrades for my wife and I as well as my in-laws on 1 occasion.

Old Aug 3, 2001, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Has DL downgraded BE to pay for the upgraded Tumi briefcases? I got the same letter size portfolio Tomphot received and have never used it. Maybe we can send those back and ask for the upgrade.
Old Aug 3, 2001, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/3MM; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC
I got my "slim" briefcase last month, but had no idea what it was for (no tags, gift wrap, etc.). When I looked at the shipping label (which my wife had tossed a couple of days earlier), it did have someone's name and "Delta" on it, so I presumed that it had to do with the MM program.

After reading these posts, I took a closer look and noticed that the leather, TUMI tag is impressed with the MM logo.

I just figured that another department was going to send the tags, but it sounds like I need to ask for them.

Has anyone tried exchanging the briefcase for a larger one?

Old Aug 3, 2001, 8:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tomphot:
A real briefcase?
All I got was a letter size portfolio stamped with the Delta MM stuff in 2 places (making it unusable in public IMO).
</font>
My mistake (language differencies, you know). The official name of it is: "Slim Portfolio Brief, Style 207". So I guess, no, it wasn't a real briefcase. But, the MM stuff is stamped on the address tag only, and that is easliy removed.

The MM credentials were in an envelope inside the portfolio.

/Pete
Old Aug 7, 2001, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
When I reached 2MM a couple of years ago, Delta no longer offered a choice of gifts. They just sent me a small Tumi bag. It's really nice, I must say. Other than that, no special recognition.

Bruce
</font>
Bruce, when you hit 3MM, you will receive a personal visit by the RPU questioning how you were able to achieve this level with all of your activity on UA.

Old Aug 7, 2001, 6:58 am

I my MM gift was waiting for me when I returned from my recent trip. It too was a slim portfolio from Tumi. I like it, and for those of you who don't like theirs, please send it to me The MM was stamped omly on the address tag, and my black MM tags were inside the portfolio.

I can't wait until 2MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.