Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
If that dense rock is really weighing you down, one of their charities might help you lighten the load.

Some of them (the Shriners) drive around in parades in their ridiculously small cars. I last saw them in a parade in my ex's home town about 20 years ago. Bless them. Sometime a one-stoplight* town can't muster much else for a parade.

*It was blinking red for the cross (east-west) traffic but only yellow for the north-south (Main. St. / MN 29) -- does that count as a full stoplight or merely half?
IMO you can declassify that town even more than a "one stoplight". Personally, I would call it an "almost one stoplight".
Old May 10, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by tvtd
IMO you can declassify that town even more than a "one stoplight". Personally, I would call it an "almost one stoplight".
The even tried to remove it for a while, which made it much more difficult to give directions to my mother-in-law's house. "Left at the light, last house on the left" no longer worked.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Goal 2 reached early - less than 220 pounds this morning. YAY
I want
< 220 end of May
< 210 end of June
< 200 end of July
circa 19x mid August when I have a follow up doctors appointment.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
That feeling when you buy FC, but no one is on the upgrade list and there's like 6 empty seats... 😑
Old May 12, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WWads
That feeling when you buy FC, but no one is on the upgrade list and there's like 6 empty seats... 😑

Old May 12, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls

It wasn't much more than Y thankfully. It's a longer flight, so more MQMs I suppose.
Old May 12, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Never Google the tail # of your plane whilst on a ground hold and discover that it's been damaged before. We've hit really bad turbulence and now I'm convinced the repairs might have issues. I shouldn't have had that second Amex cocktail in the SC.
Attached Images  
Old May 12, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
It is Friday night - I can almost smell the IPA I will be drinking in the next hour ^
Old May 12, 2017, 5:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bergamini
Never Google the tail # of your plane whilst on a ground hold and discover that it's been damaged before. We've hit really bad turbulence and now I'm convinced the repairs might have issues. I shouldn't have had that second Amex cocktail in the SC.
Or, you should have had a third one

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
It is Friday night - I can almost smell the IPA I will be drinking in the next hour ^
My house is currently beer-less, but that's an easy problem to solve on the way home.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Or maybe it's a good thing you did have that second cocktail.

It will be a few hours, but I feel the same way. I did have a couple IPAs from two different local breweries during the Spurs blowout win last night. ^

Originally Posted by Zorak
My house is currently beer-less, but that's an easy problem to solve on the way home.
You should always keep an emergency stash!
Old May 12, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it's also occasionally disconcerting to learn the plane's history after the flight ... my wife and I were on a Kenmore Air Turbo Otter float plane from Victoria to Seattle last month; I looked up the registration (N707KA) when we got home and found this page among the results

first pic is preparing to board in Victoria; second is 300 ft above Lake Union shortly before splashdown
Attached Images   

Last edited by jrl767; May 12, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Old May 12, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Almost got lucky today. Missed the bar at MCO this morning because traffic was terrible and we had trouble finding a parking space (checked in at the 46 minute mark), but we went to order a Macallan at ATL E and the bartender said do you want the 12 or 15 or some reserve cask (not sure exactly what it was). We quickly said the last, but then she decided to check her list and said we could only get the 12. Oh so close, but it still was a good drink with our lunch and the price was right.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
You should always keep an emergency stash!
There's a liquor store a few blocks away from my place that's in SkyMiles Dining now enjoying a Stone Delicious IPA.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:09 am

Gotta love flying on Saturdays. Half of CVG's morning departures are to Florida, LAS, and CUN. You know what that means.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We had a department happy hour last night. I'm grudgingly awake now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.