Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Are there enough toilets on the new A350?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there enough toilets on the new A350?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:55 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by kop84
Maybe DL could pull a RyanAir and try to monetize the lavs, want to use the D1 lav but seated in Y, just $5 or 500 Skymiles

RRM. Rest Room Monetization
The real question is would be the redemption rate be. SlyClub drinks level or PWM level or worse?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Maybe DL could pull a RyanAir and try to monetize the lavs, want to use the D1 lav but seated in Y, just $5 or 500 Skymiles

RRM. Rest Room Monetization
I could see the promotion:

"Piss away your Sky Miles in class".
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Except the A350 is brand new aircraft for Delta, which could have customized it to make up for any flaws or weaknesses in similar products of other airlines.
787-9s are brand new to KLM, too.

My point is that Delta's A350 isn't far outside the norm.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Duke787
By comparison (LH international planes only):

777: 254/5 = 50.8
333: 259/6 = 43.2
332: 200/4 = 50
763: 200/4 = 50
764: 206/4 = 51.5
757: 152/2 = 76 (though accessing the back D1 lav is easier than on the others especially during meal service / drink service when the cart is blocking the aisle)
There are 4 lavs on the 75S, 3 for Y and 1 for J. The lav by door 2L is for Y (the curtain is between the lav and J), though of course sometimes J pax use it. The primary J lav is by 1L. This puts the 75S in line with the others at ~50.

While the A350 Y ratio is a bit worse at 56.5 (I agree the 2LR lavs are primarily intended for W), it's not way out of line. That said, the galleys by row 55 have doors... which seems strange. I wonder if those are supposed to be lavs? The interior specs say "8 lavs" which suggests no, but they also say "4 galleys" which makes no sense. (It should be 3 for J/W/Y, or 10 if you just count the squares.)

As a potential W passenger, I do like the clear cabin separation... one of the best out there.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Hey Clark!...the shitters full!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Let's also look at domestic aircraft. I suspect that the CRJ-700 might have one of the worst ratios with IIRC only one lavatory in the rear; I know there isn't a FC lavatory. I've also had the "pleasure" of flying a long segment (thank you SkyWest) on a CRJ-900 where the FC lavatory was taped and signposted in a way that looked like it was permanently out of service.

However, I realize that one shouldn't just look at ratios but also routes and times as, for example, I would expect more need for lavatories on flights where a meal is served.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
SQ has 5 in Y in their 359.
https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...s-LongHaul.pdf
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Let's also look at domestic aircraft. I suspect that the CRJ-700 might have one of the worst ratios with IIRC only one lavatory in the rear; I know there isn't a FC lavatory. I've also had the "pleasure" of flying a long segment (thank you SkyWest) on a CRJ-900 where the FC lavatory was taped and signposted in a way that looked like it was permanently out of service.

However, I realize that one shouldn't just look at ratios but also routes and times as, for example, I would expect more need for lavatories on flights where a meal is served.
I'd say in general the longer the flight the more lav use (obviously)
I always wonder what people were doing when it's a 1-2 hour flight and there is a line to get to the lav...
Did you all have incredibly tight connections?
Did they not take their dad's advice to go before you leave the house (I imagine everyone's dad said that),
Did they have too much coffee/booze or coffee with booze in it?
Or are RJ lavs more luxurious than I've been lead to believe and I'm the one missing out?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
What's the ratio on the B739? Pretty bad, I'd bet.
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
46.3 economy-class passengers per lavatory.
Not that it's bad, necessarily, but the body type used in designing functional use of the 739 restroom is from the Civil War era.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Lavatories don't generate revenue. Seat do. It's that simple.
It'll be the new fare class.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:00 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'd say in general the longer the flight the more lav use
@:-) BRILLIANT!!! @:-)

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by MS02113
I suspect that Delta intends to designate two lavatories for business class, two for premium economy, and four for economy, despite where the boundary between business and premium economy is drawn on the seat map.
Most airlines do not have dedicated lavatories for PE.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:08 pm

I would hate to sit in the first two rows directly beside these lavs. Imagine all Y pax converging in the area waiting for their turn. Not to mention the constant noise, smell, light, etc will surely drive anyone nuts. Good luck getting some sleep if you sit on these rows.

Also, did anyone notice the Y galley is all located at the back of the plane? There's a small galley in front of PE, which could be shared with Y too, but I'm curious how this would work during service.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Also, did anyone notice the Y galley is all located at the back of the plane? There's a small galley in front of PE, which could be shared with Y too, but I'm curious how this would work during service.
It will also be interesting to know how premium the premium-economy, or as Delta is calling it, "Premium Select," will be. Will passengers struggle to get a drink or a refill outside of scheduled meal services? Up front, glasses almost never go unfilled, even between services. In the back, passengers basically have to get out of their seat and walk back to the galley for a drink during 11 of the 14 hours on a flight to Tokyo.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Most airlines do not have dedicated lavatories for PEE.
Fixed that for you

Although if they did maybe the queues would be shorter.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I'd say in general the longer the flight the more lav use (obviously)
I always wonder what people were doing when it's a 1-2 hour flight and there is a line to get to the lav...
Did you all have incredibly tight connections?
Did they not take their dad's advice to go before you leave the house (I imagine everyone's dad said that),
Did they have too much coffee/booze or coffee with booze in it?
Or are RJ lavs more luxurious than I've been lead to believe and I'm the one missing out?
The answer to all your questions: Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.