Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So, GoGo is officially a joke at this point, right?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So, GoGo is officially a joke at this point, right?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by comptr
So it seems to its a waste of money to get GoGo ? As I was going to buy it for my next flight which is next week but if it is that slow what's the point I would rather just be disconnected and take a nap on the plane.
it depends on the flight, this week it was so bad my chat with support kept getting disconnected - it was nice they refunded last month's monthly charge but that honestly does do me any good......(I loved when they asked what my flight number was, I had done SDC just before boarding and put my BP in my coat which was not within reach...I said I'd love to pull it up but I can't even get to dl.com, of course the agent wasn't willing to look it up either and instead offered the credit)
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
it depends on the flight, this week it was so bad my chat with support kept getting disconnected - it was nice they refunded last month's monthly charge but that honestly does do me any good......(I loved when they asked what my flight number was, I had done SDC just before boarding and put my BP in my coat which was not within reach...I said I'd love to pull it up but I can't even get to dl.com, of course the agent wasn't willing to look it up either and instead offered the credit)
Well I am flying a red-eye flight so I will try it but if it is bad as everyone says in this thread I will just take a nap and try to get some sleep before landing at my destination.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used Gogo on two flights today (A-320 RDU-DTW and 717 DTW-JFK) and no complaints. Everything I was doing (email, Facebook, Flyertalk, working with reservations on UAL.com) worked fine. About the same as it would if I was at a restaurant or my school using their Wifi.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:34 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Used GoGo about a week ago on a trans continental flight. Not "great" but not bad. Reminded me of old DSL speeds, perhaps two or three times dial-up.

Good enough for basic email Web Browsing and IM. Since you can't stream anyway, not a big deal to cruise at those speeds while cruising at Fight Level 350.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
Used GoGo about a week ago on a trans continental flight. Not "great" but not bad. Reminded me of old DSL speeds, perhaps two or three times dial-up.

Good enough for basic email Web Browsing and IM. Since you can't stream anyway, not a big deal to cruise at those speeds while cruising at Fight Level 350.
^ its not great but it usually Works enough to give me something to do to pass the time.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
^ its not great but it usually Works enough to give me something to do to pass the time.
Agreed. I can deal with it if I buy a day pass on the first segment of my trip as long as it's a short sector (i.e. JFK-DTW) because a day pass on that flight is only 9.95 then for the whole day and I can use it on connecting flights. Other flights starting out like SLC-DTW they charge 16.95 for a day pass and its just not worth it.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Yes. And when I had T-Mobile I could text via WiFi with Hotspot transfer. That was handy. But at least now I can IM or text via RingTo.

Sure beats the alternative we had for decades which was NOTHING.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Am I the only one that has an issue with the Delta Movies on GOGO? I normally work and don't use this feature, but was on a personal vacation last week and had 50% success (2 of 4). The two misses were issues with the system not able to confirm my seat assignment and name. I used the chat, explained the issue and they gave me a code, which also didn't work.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Sure beats the alternative we had for decades which was NOTHING.
I disagree...I just got off MSP-SLC and spent 2 hours trying to pull up Delta.com to check flights since MSP, self-proclaimed bad--- snow airport, couldn't deice an a320 in under an hour with less than an inch of snow on the ground and no falling snow....missed my connection. NEVER got delta.com to load. I could get Bing.com to load but could run a search. That was VERY frustrating. Since I got absolutely NOTHING done, I would have rather had nothing......
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Denal1
I disagree...I just got off MSP-SLC and spent 2 hours trying to pull up Delta.com to check flights since MSP, self-proclaimed bad--- snow airport, couldn't deice an a320 in under an hour with less than an inch of snow on the ground and no falling snow....missed my connection. NEVER got delta.com to load. I could get Bing.com to load but could run a search. That was VERY frustrating. Since I got absolutely NOTHING done, I would have rather had nothing......

Although I understand your frustration, your experience does not mirror mine.

If you would rather not have it, then don't opt in. Have nothing. I'd rather have the option.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Am I the only one that has an issue with the Delta Movies on GOGO? I normally work and don't use this feature, but was on a personal vacation last week and had 50% success (2 of 4). The two misses were issues with the system not able to confirm my seat assignment and name. I used the chat, explained the issue and they gave me a code, which also didn't work.
That's a Delta issue with crosstalk between Delta Servers and Entertainment Serves on GoGo. That hopefully will be ironed out soon.

My larger concern in demand. The pipe (Bandwidth) pushing streaming movies is most likely too narrow to fulfill the demand at certain times on certain flights on certain days. I'm sure, well, at least I HOPE it will get better.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a Delta issue with crosstalk between Delta Servers and Entertainment Serves on GoGo. That hopefully will be ironed out soon.

My larger concern in demand. The pipe (Bandwidth) pushing streaming movies is most likely too narrow to fulfill the demand at certain times on certain flights on certain days. I'm sure, well, at least I HOPE it will get better.
If you using Delta Studio to watch content, the movies are streamed directly from the plane and there are unlikely to be bandwidth issues (there are multiple wifi radios on the plane). I haven't had any issues with the Delta Studio content.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:29 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I gave up on GoGo months ago. I now look forward to my flights as the only time in my life when I'm off the grid.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Used gogo on a DL International flight for the first time....sucked just like it does domestically. 0.5MBPS per second.

At $35 - speed needs to be better
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AADULtArer
The novelty has worn off, where even the:

"Im so important I must be connected at all times with my client/office/hooker" DYKWIAs have gotten bored of posting about WiFi.

Maybe they are all tweeting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.