Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Tag Theft?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
Last week I put my bag in the back seat of my truck and drove down to RST. When I got there I opened the back door to grab my bag and noticed the cable had broken off with my DM tag attached to it. This happened while driving the 75 miles or so pretty much entirely on smooth highways (the rest on smooth city streets). There is a major issue with the cables. I'm guessing one of the same moronic bean counters at DAL that changed the Sky Miles earning for next year decided to go with a cheaper vendor for the DM cables.

I'll be one of the first people to criticize Delta baggage handlers but in this case it's not their fault. It's DL's management.
Smooth roads in MN now? Where? I find lots of big potholes from our rough winter on city streets and highways/interstates.

Do you fly from RST to get an additional 1000 MQMs per RT? I would assume that fares aren't cheaper from there, right?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Smooth roads in MN now? Where? I find lots of big potholes from our rough winter on city streets and highways/interstates.

Do you fly from RST to get an additional 1000 MQMs per RT? I would assume that fares aren't cheaper from there, right?
We use RST and EAU as airports sometimes to save money on travel from/to Minneapolis. Pretty useful for some leisure and business trips.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Doesn't EAU mean the CRJ-200? And are RST and EAU that much closer than Duluth?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

Less than half price to OKC. $1200-1400 from MSP and $575-662 from RST the past 2 weeks I flew there.

No potholes!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:09 am
Suspended

Doesn't EAU mean the CRJ-200? And are RST and EAU that much closer than Duluth?
RST and EAU are much closer to me in Minneapolis than Duluth. Maybe you have a different Duluth in mind than the one in MN or the other one in WI.

RJ territory.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:53 am

RST should be mostly CRJ-900/700, although I know it's had some mainline service. DLH is a mixture of mainline and various RJs AFAIK (also AFAIK the only Duluth with a commercial airport is the one in MN).

EAU would be all CRJ-200 or equivalent, without FC. So I think using EAU would be miserable and it's about a two hour drive from downtown Minneapolis. Maybe it would make more sense timewise from St Paul and points east or southeast.

If you're in the far northern suburbs, I could imagine that driving to DLH would take about the same time as RST, especially during rush hour. Duluth is less than two and a half hours from downtown Minneapolis and Rochester about an hour and a half, so if you can avoid crossing the city, DLH wouldn't be much longer and would have less variance due to traffic.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
RST should be mostly CRJ-900/700, although I know it's had some mainline service. DLH is a mixture of mainline and various RJs AFAIK (also AFAIK the only Duluth with a commercial airport is the one in MN).

EAU would be all CRJ-200 or equivalent, without FC. So I think using EAU would be miserable and it's about a two hour drive from downtown Minneapolis. Maybe it would make more sense timewise from St Paul and points east or southeast.

If you're in the far northern suburbs, I could imagine that driving to DLH would take about the same time as RST, especially during rush hour. Duluth is less than two and a half hours from downtown Minneapolis and Rochester about an hour and a half, so if you can avoid crossing the city, DLH wouldn't be much longer and would have less variance due to traffic.
I believe all RST-MSP Delta flights are CR2s. Delta doesn't fly out of EAU but it's probably closer than RST to me. I'm in Cottage Grove. DLH is much farther for me and I never even consider it.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:11 am

I believe all RST-MSP Delta flights are CR2s. Delta doesn't fly out of EAU but it's probably closer than RST to me. I'm in Cottage Grove. DLH is much farther for me and I never even consider it.
I'm sure there was some FC service out of RST within the last few years. This would seem logical since people coming to Mayo who don't arrive on private jets would be likely to be willing to pay for FC.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:36 am
Suspended

You must have a far different idea of what constitutes Minneapolis suburbs than myself. The drive from Minneapolis or its suburbs to RST has always been much faster than driving to Duluth for as long as there has been an FT.

Even from that non-suburb St Cloud, RST is usually faster than Duluth.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:37 am

I'm sure there was some FC service out of RST within the last few years. This would seem logical since people coming to Mayo who don't arrive on private jets would be likely to be willing to pay for FC.
It takes longer to taxi that it does to fly. It's a 20 minute flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:43 am
Suspended

It takes longer to taxi that it does to fly. It's a 20 minute flight.
I can't see anyone reasonable -- and certainly none of my acquaintances working for Mayo or visiting Mayo -- complaining about lack of first class for a 20 minute flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceAndy
Except for the most likely issue of the tag breaking?
Entirely possible. But the tag had no bends or signs of wear. My 2014 Plat tags are still sitting on my countertop as I should make Diamond in the next 4-5 weeks. I'd be happy to sell them to if you want to test your theory!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:46 pm

Don't fly AA. They took mine off.

(And actually I have a friend whose husband was an AA employee (fueling) who refused to say this wasn't really happening... all he would say is "you might be right" LOL!)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: DL PM+MM
Faulty tag strap pulls apart

Originally Posted by Jump
In January I had checked a bag from BNA to SLC with my Plat tag securely attached to a big, red leather tag I have to help me quickly identify my bag on gate checked flights. The leather tag had a wide leather strap to attach to the suitcase with multiple holes like a belt to adjust the length of the strap.

When I got to SLC I found that the red tag with its thick leather strap was firmly secured to my bag yet the Plat tag was gone. Why anyone would want to take a Plat tag is beyond me?
I finally put my new metal PT tags on in Las Vegas just before leaving for the airport. One tag did not make it to the checkin counter. It did not unscrew, it just pulled apart where the cable inserts into the screw end.
When first fastened, the new tags may need to be tested like newly tied fishing hooks with a hard pull.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Some clown is selling his for nearly $100!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Envelope-w-f...item1e8a269e87
Better yet, look at his selling history and he's made some nice $$$ on airline items (salt and pepper shakers, safety cards, glassware, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.