FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diamond Tag Theft?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:13 am
yohanson

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
RST should be mostly CRJ-900/700, although I know it's had some mainline service. DLH is a mixture of mainline and various RJs AFAIK (also AFAIK the only Duluth with a commercial airport is the one in MN).

EAU would be all CRJ-200 or equivalent, without FC. So I think using EAU would be miserable and it's about a two hour drive from downtown Minneapolis. Maybe it would make more sense timewise from St Paul and points east or southeast.

If you're in the far northern suburbs, I could imagine that driving to DLH would take about the same time as RST, especially during rush hour. Duluth is less than two and a half hours from downtown Minneapolis and Rochester about an hour and a half, so if you can avoid crossing the city, DLH wouldn't be much longer and would have less variance due to traffic.
I believe all RST-MSP Delta flights are CR2s. Delta doesn't fly out of EAU but it's probably closer than RST to me. I'm in Cottage Grove. DLH is much farther for me and I never even consider it.