Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
HSBC (USA) Premier has eleven airline transfer partners, and two hotel chain partners. Cards issued in other countries may have different partners and transfer ratios

ONE WORLD
British Airways (Avios) 1:25:1
Iberia (Avios) 1:25:1
Qantas 1:1
Qatar Airways (Avios) 1.25:1

SKYTEAM
Flying Blue 1.25:1

STAR
Avianca 1.25:1
Eva Air 1.25:1
TAP Portugal 1:1
Turkish 1.25:1

INDEPENDENT
Aer Lingus (Avios) 1:25:1
Emirates 1:1

HOTELS
Accor 2:1
Wyndham 1.25:1
Print Wikipost

HSBC Premier World MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Does anyone have a link to a full description of the HSBC rewards program? I can't find the most basic information on their website: what are the point transfer partners, what are the T&Cs (especially relating to points transfers to accounts owned by someone with a different name), etc. Oh, and can points be shared between spouses, like Citi TYPs and Chase URs?

Also, it seems that HSBC has several credit cards that earn points, not all of which require the $100,000 deposit balance that the Premier card does. Are those points transferable to partners as well? And where is that information provided online (if anywhere)?
Old May 4, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by snic
Does anyone have a link to a full description of the HSBC rewards program? I can't find the most basic information on their website: what are the point transfer partners, what are the T&Cs (especially relating to points transfers to accounts owned by someone with a different name), etc. Oh, and can points be shared between spouses, like Citi TYPs and Chase URs?

Also, it seems that HSBC has several credit cards that earn points, not all of which require the $100,000 deposit balance that the Premier card does. Are those points transferable to partners as well? And where is that information provided online (if anywhere)?
http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/home/pers...rld-mc/details
Old May 4, 2015, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Yes, I've been over that page a hundred times. It has all of 2 paragraphs devoted to the rewards program, not one word of which answers my questions:

HSBC Premier World MasterCard® credit card Rewards Program Points4 never expire and are not capped. You earn one Point for every new, net dollar in credit card purchases and 25,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points after spending $2,500 in the first three months from Account opening4.

Choose Rewards that suit your lifestyle like adventure experiences and vacation packages. Fly almost anywhere, anytime with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. Or simply enjoy cash back or a variety of other Rewards options.
None of the links to "Terms" has anything more about the rewards program, either.

Very frustrating!
Old May 4, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
what are the point transfer partners, what are the T&Cs (especially relating to points transfers to accounts owned by someone with a different name), etc. Oh, and can points be shared between spouses, like Citi TYPs and Chase URs?
Current points transfer partners are:
BA
KrisFlyer (Singapore Airlines or partner)
Asiamiles (Cathay Pacific or partner)

All transfers are 1:1 although they have had bonuses for transfers in the past to BA.

If you have this cc you'll be able to log in to the website to initiate the transfers.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
Other than the three airline transfers, there's a $400 airline ticket credit for 24,000 points, $1200 credit for 75,000 (yes, that's a worse rate), cash back at 1c/point, gift cards at no better than 1c/point so why bother, and a range of merchandise reminiscent of the late unlamented Skymall catalog.

The airline points and the $400 ticket credit are the only interesting bits. You have to buy the ticket through their agent but it can be for anyone and it's a real paid ticket.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:10 am

So do the points have to be transferred to an airline FF account with the same name as the primary cardholders?

Can points be transferred from a cardholder's HSBC rewards account to his/her spouse's account?

Are the transfer partners and other rules the same for the points earned through the "HSBC Platinum MasterCard® with Rewards" credit card, which doesn't require you to have a $100k banking/investment balance?

(By the way, I used the online chat feature to ask a few simple questions about Premier banking, as well as for more details about the credit card rewards program. The online agent knew absolutely nothing and, in response to each of my questions, simply told me to call the customer service center. If this level of uselessness is standard for HSBC agents, I'm beginning to think that I don't want to put $100k in their hands to manage...)
Old May 4, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by jrlevine
Other than the three airline transfers, there's a $400 airline ticket credit for 24,000 points, $1200 credit for 75,000 (yes, that's a worse rate), cash back at 1c/point, gift cards at no better than 1c/point so why bother, and a range of merchandise reminiscent of the late unlamented Skymall catalog.

The airline points and the $400 ticket credit are the only interesting bits. You have to buy the ticket through their agent but it can be for anyone and it's a real paid ticket.
For the Platinum card, cash back is 1c/point as well, no transfer partners are listed that I can find, and the airline ticket credits are all at 0.5c/point (e.g. $400 for 80,000 points).
Old May 4, 2015, 10:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
POINTS COMBINATION
Points from multiple HSBC Rewards Programs or other accounts
issued by HSBC Bank may not be combined or pooled for redemption.
When redeeming Points, you may use Points from only one HSBC
Rewards Program Account for redemption. Any person whose name is
included on the HSBC Rewards Program account may redeem Points.
HSBC Bank is not responsible and bears no liability for disagreements
between participants concerning use of Points accumulated in an
HSBC Rewards Program account.

POINTS TRANSFER TO OTHER PARTIES
Points may not be transferred to others for redemption. Points are
not the property of the participant in the Program. Points may not be
brokered, bartered or sold, and may not be transferred as part of a
domestic relations matter.

REWARDS FOR MILES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
View the latest redemption options by logging into your Personal
Internet Banking account at hsbcpremierusa.com or by calling the
HSBC Premier Rewards Department at 888.662.HSBC (4722).
1. Customers who wish to participate in HSBC Premier Rewards
for Miles (“Rewards for Miles”) must first become a member of
a participating airline frequent flyer/reward program, and obtain a
frequent flyer/reward program number for each airline to which they
would like to redeem Points for frequent flyer/reward program miles.
2. Only HSBC Premier World MasterCard® customers (‘Customers’)
are eligible to participate in Rewards for Miles.

3. Customers whose HSBC Premier World MasterCard® credit card
Accounts (‘Accounts’) are valid and in good standing will be eligible
to transfer Points to a participating airline’s frequent flyer/reward
program account.
4. Timing for the redeemed Points to be converted to miles and
posted to the Customer’s airline frequent flyer/reward program
account may vary by airline.
5. The conversion rate of Points for participating airline frequent flyer/
rewards may vary by airline frequent flyer/reward program.
6. Once Points are transferred to an airline frequent flyer/reward
program, they will be immediately deducted from your available
Points balance. Points cannot be transferred to another participating
airline’s program.
7. HSBC assumes no responsibility for Points transferred to any airline
reward program account, or for the actions of any participating
airline in connection with its reward program or otherwise.
8. Customers may transfer Points to any participating airline frequent
flyer/reward program account providing all information submitted
matches the airline frequent flyer/reward program account held
by the participating partner. Incomplete or inaccurate information
cannot be processed.
9. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for redemptions within
the Program or the use of Rewards for Miles will be decided by
HSBC at its sole discretion.
10. Fraud and abuse in relation to the earning and transfer of Points to the
Program or Rewards for Miles may result in the forfeiture of accumulated
Points, as well as the cancellation of a Customer’s credit card(s).
11. The Customers are subject to, and must comply with, the rules of
the airline frequent flyer/reward program(s) of the participating
airline(s) frequent flyer/reward program in which they are enrolled. It
is the sole responsibility of the participating airline’s reward program
to provide the Customer a copy of the relevant program rules upon
his/her enrollment in their frequent flyer/reward program.
12. A participating airline frequent flyer/reward program may change
its program rules, including regulations, policies, benefits and
conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part at
any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect
the value of the free mileage already accumulated.
13. Airline reward program participation in Rewards for Miles is subject
to change upon notice.
14. HSBC Bank reserves the right to change the terms and conditions
herein and Rewards for Miles at any time upon notice.
15. There is currently no minimum or maximum number of Points that
can be transferred using Rewards for Miles.
16. By participating in Rewards for Miles, the Customer specifically
authorizes HSBC to share only the specific customer information
necessary to complete the mileage exchange.
17. In the event the participating airline frequent flyer/reward program is
unable to identify the Rewards for Miles request and cannot apply
the corresponding miles to the requested account, HSBC will use
its best efforts to identify and resolve the issue, which may include
contacting the Customer. This may delay the posting of miles to the
requested airline program account. If the issue cannot be resolved,
the Points deducted for the Rewards for Miles transaction will be
added back to the Customer’s Program account at HSBC.
18. Submission of a request to transfer Points to airline miles in
Rewards for Miles will constitute complete acknowledgement
and acceptance of the terms and conditions associated with
participation in Rewards for Miles. In addition, the Customer
specifically authorizes HSBC to share only the specific customer
information necessary to complete the mileage exchange.

Last edited by mia; May 4, 2015 at 10:27 am
Old May 4, 2015, 11:17 am

mia to the rescue, again! Thanks!

"Any person whose name is included on the HSBC Rewards Program account may redeem Points." So, I read this to mean that mrs. snic and I could own a joint Rewards Program account [is that correct?], and either one of us could initiate a transfer. Presumably, then, we could also transfer into 2 different FF accounts, one in her name and one in mine. Does that sound right?

And: is it possible to maximize the number of bonus miles earned by opening two joint Premier accounts? Then, once they each have 25,000 bonus points in them, transfer both sets of points to just one FF account.

And... (sorry, but dangling points in front of an FTer is like dangling steak in front of a dog) Could one open each of the two non-Premier credit cards that provide Rewards Program points, then become a Premier member and open a Premier credit card, thereby accumulating a total of 75,000 points.... and then do this twice, once for each spouse... and end up with 150,000 SQ KrisFlyer points in one account? (That, of course, would be 6 credit cards and $200,000 in investments later. But at least none of the cards have an annual fee!)
Old May 7, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by hellopanda520
I just checked out my reward page. I noticed points are missing from certain transactions. I called HSBC, they said they will look into it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Based on the info I got from talking to rep, the points will point 3 days after the transaction vice at the end of the billing period. However, for me, transactions from 4/2- 4/6 are all missing.
Follow up to the above, HSBC called today and added all the missing points to my account.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by hellopanda520
...added all the missing points to my account.
I see an entry which may be the same issue:

4/25/2015 Issuance Adjusted 1,xxx
Old May 14, 2015, 11:23 am

FYI for premier members... HSBC has a 1.5% promo rate for savings accts funded with new money until Jan 2016. https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/!ut/p/c1...QG6oIAI-qgoY!/

I just opened the acct - lots of Patriot Act questions but otherwise easy to open. Best rate out there if you have money at other banks.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:01 pm
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
FYI for premier members... HSBC has a 1.5% promo rate for savings accts funded with new money until Jan 2016. https://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/!ut/p/c1...QG6oIAI-qgoY!/

I just opened the acct - lots of Patriot Act questions but otherwise easy to open. Best rate out there if you have money at other banks.
+1. Just tried to call and get the account opened last weekend, and still haven't gotten a confirmation.

It claims new money only in HSBC USA. Perhaps you can move USD to another global account and move it back?

It would be a sweet deal to park the 100k at 1.5%.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
+1. Just tried to call and get the account opened last weekend, and still haven't gotten a confirmation.

It claims new money only in HSBC USA. Perhaps you can move USD to another global account and move it back?

It would be a sweet deal to park the 100k at 1.5%.
They allow you to move new money in from another non related bank and then move the old $100k money that was qualifying for Premier out. So it's a wash (although you do need extra cash to move in before moving old out). In effect you get to park your Premier money (or more) at 1.5% now.

You should call back if it's been a week - my account was open within a few days after applying via phone.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:54 pm
mia

Third quarter offer

Another targeted offer capped at a low level ($4,000 for the quarter), but happens to tie in nicely with a two week visit to the UK which is the primary place where I use this card.

Receive 2X Rewards Program Points, up to 4,000 Rewards Program Bonus Points, on new, net retail purchases using your HSBC Credit Card from 07/01/15 through 09/30/15 ("Promotional Period"). 2X Rewards Program Points consists of one base Rewards Program Point and one Rewards Program Bonus Point. Purchases during the Promotional Period will be eligible for the offer upon enrollment. Your personal enrollment code must be correctly entered and submitted on the enrollment site to be considered fully enrolled. The enrollment period runs through 09/15/15 11:59 pm ET. Rewards Program Bonus Points will be fulfilled by 11/30/15. This offer does not apply to balance transfers, credit card checks, cash advances or overdrafts. Your HSBC Credit Card must be open, and in good standing, at the time of offer fulfillment to qualify.

Last edited by mia; Jun 26, 2015 at 7:12 am Reason: Correct cap amount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.