Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Issued by Elan Financial Services. New account bonus, $100 for $1,000 spend within 90 days:

https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
Print Wikipost

Fidelity 2% cash back VISA $100/$1k (New card & issuer Jan 4, 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:47 pm

I did with my "new" account. It took the same day or two for the funds to show up in my fidelity account.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
I did with my "new" account. It took the same day or two for the funds to show up in my fidelity account.
Thanks.

I submitted mine on Tuesday, July 26, and it was deposited into my Fidelity account today, Thursday, July 28.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
After receiving your statement, how long till your reward points post to your account? On the statement, it says I collected X-number of points but in my awards management site, I'm currently at 0... Any thoughts? Was I suppose to do something before or should I be patient? All my other reward credit cards, the points are automatically updated as soon as the new billing cycle starts.

Thanks
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
Hey! So the day after you receive your statement, you get the points in your account. I guess I need to be a little bit more patient for similar future situations.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:09 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by realgoose
We both use Shop Safe for virtual card numbers for almost anything we buy on-line. I confirmed via a call to Fidelity that Elan has no Shop Safe or other virtual option. The Fidelity rep got an Elan person on the phone who told me they were getting that question from several folks being switched from Fidelity. I will consider opening new cards for both of us from Bank of America or Citi to get virtual number capability.
So my wife and I each opened new Bank of America cards so we have Shop Safe again. I called Elan to cancel my card and was a little surprised that I was not asked why I was cancelling.

I still can't get my wife's card to show up on Fidelity Full View which uses Yodlee. I did get it to show up on Mint by selecting Elan credit card and using the Elan account credentials that seem to be optional since it can also be accessed from fidelity.com.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I'm curious what folks see as the pluses and minuses, broadly speaking, of this versus other cash-back cards paying at least 2% such as the Citi DoubleCash. (Aside from the fact that Fidelity is a Visa and thus is accepted at Costco, whereas Citi DC is not.)
Old Aug 15, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I'm curious what folks see as the pluses and minuses, broadly speaking, of this versus other cash-back cards paying at least 2% such as the Citi DoubleCash. (Aside from the fact that Fidelity is a Visa and thus is accepted at Costco, whereas Citi DC is not.)
Advantage: you get the 2% all at once (DC is IIRC 1% immediately, 1% after paying the statement). $100 bonus offer right now vs. none with Citi.
Disadvantage: you need a Fidelity account to deposit the cash back into.

Am I missing anything else?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:24 pm

advantage of fidelity or disadvantage of dc...

ftf 1% with fidelity
3% with dc...of course ftf on fidelity card is 1% higher than it should be making something like the grandfathered old Schwab no 1-2-3 Bank America just as good for foreign purposes.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Advantage: you get the 2% all at once (DC is IIRC 1% immediately, 1% after paying the statement). $100 bonus offer right now vs. none with Citi.
Disadvantage: you need a Fidelity account to deposit the cash back into.

Am I missing anything else?
Some of the travel benefits are slightly better with the Fidelity Visa Signature than say, the Citi DoubleCash. Off the top of my head, lost luggage insurance comes to mind, available on the Visa and not clear if it's on the DC (can't locate my Guide to Benefits).

It might also be nice to have a couple 2% cards in case some benefits get discontinued. Ultimately, they are good cards for those who pay in full.

The DC is a flat card, while the Fidelity Visa has the embossed numbers and name.

Some may like that the cash rebate goes right into Fidelity. Others may want an immediate statement credit. In the end, it's the same to one's bottom line.

Some may like the DC's lower rebate threshold.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
I saw a little discussion over at FWF, but it dropped pretty quickly.

Anyone have experience with Elan giving small credit lines with a new application and getting a larger credit limit after some use? Good score (low 800's), income, and 4 or so new cards in the last 18 months. Somehow Elan saw fit to only give a $1k line which makes the card darn near useless.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robbierob03
I saw a little discussion over at FWF, but it dropped pretty quickly.

Anyone have experience with Elan giving small credit lines with a new application and getting a larger credit limit after some use? Good score (low 800's), income, and 4 or so new cards in the last 18 months. Somehow Elan saw fit to only give a $1k line which makes the card darn near useless.
Have you called them to discuss this? It may be worth a try first.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:16 am

I have FIA new Visa card. How is this card for cycling your CL multiple times? Are there any reports of frowning/shutdown?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 1:26 pm

Has anybody here ever done manufactured spending on this card? I was reading the forum's and I read some guy had this card and was doing 40-60k a month before getting shut down. I was wondering if I did a little lower amount would I get shut down.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:42 am

what bank issues this card and what report do they pull from?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by breauxdle
what bank issues this card and what report do they pull from?
The card is issued by Elan Financial Services, which is a subsidiary of US Bancorp.

In my case, they pulled TransUnion. YMMV.
breauxdle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.