Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by doldrim
If I made a purchase three days before statement closed, but the purchase did not yet post (still in pending), will I get points for that purchase?

(really hoping so, or I'll be 6 points short of a ticket )
If it hasn't posted by the end of the day in which your statement closed, you'll get the points on your next statement.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
If it hasn't posted by the end of the day in which your statement closed, you'll get the points on your next statement.
Damn. Looks like I'll need to figure out a way to get ~6 AS points then.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doldrim
Damn. Looks like I'll need to figure out a way to get ~6 AS points then.
If you do a MileagePlan Dining "dine" within the next few days, that should post to your Alaska account by a week from Thursday.

(I put "dine" in quotes as it doesn't always have to be an actual dine; it can be, for example, a gift card or gift certificate purchase at the restaurant, if it sells those.)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:25 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Reports in the AS forum of some people receiving 50k personally targeted offers recently, when they opt in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 5:55 pm

Applied for my first Alaska cards last week, approved for Biz w/ $7500 CL but personal only $1000 (Visa Platinum)

Once i get the bonus is it best to cancel them first and apply for new ones or keep them and just apply again? is there a recommended time frame?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Reports in the AS forum of some people receiving 50k personally targeted offers recently, when they opt in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.
Not finding the discussion. Got a link?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:52 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by italdesign
Not finding the discussion. Got a link?
Toward the end of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ines-visa.html
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:29 am

Received my 25k bonus shortly after I received the credit card. Statement closed on January 26th with about $1700 purchases. I have not seen this on my alaska airlines account yet. How long does it take? Also did not receive my $100 statement credit. How long does it take?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Received my 25k bonus shortly after I received the credit card. Statement closed on January 26th with about $1700 purchases. I have not seen this on my alaska airlines account yet. How long does it take? Also did not receive my $100 statement credit. How long does it take?
See Wiki
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Has anybody tried to apply recently, it says the application is unavailable when trying to apply.
Edit: Apparently only errors in Private Browsing.

Last edited by hiima; Feb 3, 2015 at 6:46 pm
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
It's been about 25 days since I completed spend. Spoke to a rep who confirmed the offer and said per the terms on the application page it could take 8-12 weeks.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by signups49
it could take 8-12 weeks.
Seriously?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

How soon after the statement closing date do the miles post to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account? I haven't received any statements yet, and am curious about the timeline.

(I'm not referring to the sign up bonus miles, just the regular miles from spending)

Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Seriously?

I completed my spend about 2 days before the close of the third month. The statement credit posted at the close. Im guessing they take their time to post the credit, unless we take our time to do the spend, in which case they don't wait? Just a personal observation.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by prkzoom
How soon after the statement closing date do the miles post to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account? I haven't received any statements yet, and am curious about the timeline.

(I'm not referring to the sign up bonus miles, just the regular miles from spending)

Thanks.
I would assume it would be immediately, as in with in 2 business days? Citi posts AA miles within a day of statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.