Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bleech2
I applied for the 40k + annual fee waived yesterday just before the link expired, and got the 10 day message. What are the chances I will be approved? I have two barclay NFL cards (August 2012 and Feb 2013). No debt, CS 760, but now 5 TU inquiries. Thanks.
From what I'm gathering, using the link below will allow you to see whether they even received the app or not.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Update- "Missing Application" Approved !

First I applied under the 35/40 trick and got the 10-day message. When I phoned there was no record of any application. Then I applied under the 2nd 35K application and when I submitted it got a "Please excuse---technical difficulties" message.

Now a half-hour later I get an email that I'm approved !

I assume it's the first 35/40 app since it went all the way through online and that the online status check and the telephone person just cannot find the apps. (I would be really surprised if it was the 2nd link since that never went to consideration before the technical difficulties message.

So it seems the 35-then-40 trick works but they can't find it online or by phone. For those that don't get instant approval or eventually get rejected this may mean having to phone reconsideration when the final outcome hits by email or phone.

Also I just checked thru the online status link in the above post again and it now tells me I was approved with $9300 limit.

I still have one US card open that I opened about 6 months ago.

Last edited by tassojunior; Feb 15, 2013 at 3:52 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by muji
I applied late last night via the link below. The application went through, I got a congratulations message - plus a prompt to go directly to the US Airways credit card page (first time that had ever happened) where my card number was already posted and the account was already set up, ready for activation once the card arrives.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7514156b412823

I applied under this link which I didn't even realize was for Barclay's Employees until after I applied. They never asked for a employee ID and I was approved and also sent to the US air CC page to activate the card

30K and annual fee waived, didn't see the 35K offers until after I applied

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=13
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:33 pm

Existing cardholder for ~1 year, just applied and was instantly approved for a second card using the first 35 K link. Card instantly shows up when I log into my existing Barclays account.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 4:52 pm

Same story here. Existing card holder for over a year. Never cancelled. Instant approval and set up of account online. I can already see the two cards sitting there together. Used the 35K link late last nite.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:04 pm

an email from this evening:
As you may have heard, US Airways and American Airlines are planning to merge. We want to assure you that there is no impact to your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard® benefits and we are committed to keeping you informed if there are any changes in the future.

Please continue to use your card as you normally would for all your everyday purchases and still enjoy all the great benefits you've come to know including;

Exclusive Benefits:
5,000 Mile discount on Award redemptions
Annual companion certificates good for round-trip travel for up to 2 companions -
. redeemable for $99 each-additional taxes and fees apply
Ability to earn 10,000 Preferred-qualifying Miles toward your Preferred status
Miles do not expire when you use your card
No cap on the number of miles you can earn, it's simple, the more you spend the
more you earn

We are committed to providing our customers with the most up to date information.
US Airways is providing their customers the most current merger information at usairways.com/arriving and we are here to answer any questions you may have about your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard. Please contact us through secure email by logging in to usairwaysmastercard.com or by calling us at (866) 419-0881, we are at your service 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

We appreciate your business and looking forward to continuing to service your credit needs.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:14 pm

Got my confirmation e-mail on the 35k link. It lists all of the benefits but does not list the 10k/year annual miles bonus. I just opened the application and verified that it was in the offer that I applied for. I saved the terms and conditions as I applied for them. I Hope there isn't a problem in a year - I consider this app to be more long term (after the merger, which may be a year) which is why I'm interested in the one year bonus.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Data point for anyone interested

Applied via this link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=19 (currently first link in post #1)

35K, annual fee waived, 10K anniversary bonus

Instant approval for both me and the mrs. We're both existing cardholders. Me for almost 2yrs, her for about a 1 yr.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by jpvetter
From what I'm gathering, using the link below will allow you to see whether they even received the app or not.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/japply/retrieve.do
My application still shows the 10 day message status. Has anyone been approved for this card after having to wait for a decision?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
Does this card let you use the priority security line at Ohare airport? I know it gives you first class check in and Zone 2 boarding (which is not bad).. My boarding pass said "Card member", but the security line was so long I did not want to risk getting kicked out of the Priority security line.
Would someone be kind enough to answer this question?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Update on Feb 14 night application for the 35k offer. I got the 7 to 10 days notice. I called today Feb 15 around 3 pm and got the nicest fellow who asked a few questions about income, job after confirming it was me..."You have done very well in handling your credit" he said, puts me on hold for a minute and told me he approved me and card will be in the mail shortly. A few hours later I received the welcome email with the usual data (but NO mention of 35k signing bonus!). I had this card last year and canceled it back in November 2012 right after I received the 10k anniversary bonus (and before annual fee hit!).

I am 3 for 4. I need to call US Bank on Monday and convinced them that I am responsible with my credit so they will give me the Club Carlson card!

For a moment, while on the phone, it felt like I was talking to a Chase person without moving around credit line or sacrificing another card!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:56 pm

"866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst" from MMS. Is this the number that you called? I just submitted 30 minutes ago for 35k. Wonder when I should call.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by webazoid
"866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst" from MMS. Is this the number that you called? I just submitted 30 minutes ago for 35k. Wonder when I should call.
They're closed for the day, but yes, it worked for me when I called that number. No hold times, someone picked right up.

Last edited by PainCorp; Feb 15, 2013 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
I still have my US card from like last May. Thinking about going for it again since people get approved while still having 1 open.

Also I was on a US flight couple days ago they offered in flight for people to apply for the 40K offer. Not sure if the fee was waived or not was listening to music.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
>>>>>>>>>>866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst" from MMS. Is this the number that you called?

Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.