Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Phudnik
I think it would depend on where you go. *wood has more extensive coverage, and, at least ex-US, Hyatts tend to be more expensive when they exist (good for redemption, not so much for qualification).
This is true. And I see far more MR opportunities with SPG than with Hyatt, though a special does occur here and there. I'm also wondering if it is worth dealing with trying to get to the Sheraton CLE and back when doing stuff downtown.

I suppose I'm also not looking forward to being SPG dirt for a while.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
It's just weird seeing an Airbus in those colors. I know there were A300s in the current CO livery for a while, but it still takes some getting used to.
Before Bethune came, CO did order some A330's and A340's in 1989. Then they canceled the orders in 93 or 94 thanks to bankruptcy.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
This is a post to help move us past the broken hscroll.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:35 pm

Another poast. :-:
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:36 pm

Moar is more. :-:
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
tjtenor4: I can make it home on your gas tank but my Bladder is about to go

MWG25: As much as I respect your bladder...

ELC: Yep, that's going on the Box!!
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:37 pm

Oh, yea, that's about right. ^:-:
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
Moar is more. :-:
Nothing wrong with moar poasting.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
This is true. And I see far more MR opportunities with SPG than with Hyatt, though a special does occur here and there. I'm also wondering if it is worth dealing with trying to get to the Sheraton CLE and back when doing stuff downtown.

I suppose I'm also not looking forward to being SPG dirt for a while.
I would advise against staying at the Sheraton CLE. Your best bets in downtown CLE are the Ritz, the Marriott, or the Renaissance. There is a Hyatt in one of my favorite old buildings but it's a little off the beaten path.

The Sheraton CLE is not particularly nice and is not attached to the airport (though it's located on the airport property).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phudnik
I would advise against staying at the Sheraton CLE. Your best bets in downtown CLE are the Ritz, the Marriott, or the Renaissance. There is a Hyatt in one of my favorite old buildings but it's a little off the beaten path.

The Sheraton CLE is not particularly nice and is not attached to the airport (though it's located on the airport property).
Hmm, good information, thanks. The flight I'm taking out of CLE is at 6:30AM so I am thinking a night at the Marriott and then the second night out at the Sheraton purely for EQN purposes and proximity to the airport for an early departure.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just chopped up a couple pounds of lobster.

Homemade lobster rolls in the sbm12 household tonight.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero

Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero

You on the bus going back?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by msv
Ordered the Kindle today with the free 3G so can surf in foreign lands. Took me 20 min to decide between the white and graphite ETA: sorry about the back of the plane
I picked up one of those pandigital readers from Khols, reflashed it to open source Android and know have a darn nifty 79 buck tablet

Originally Posted by Mackieman
I'm torn between Hyatt and SPG. I like SPG a lot, but the Hyatt Diamond program is quite alluring.
I will be showing them both some love this coming week, 4pts SW, and the new Sugar Land HP. Will also be crackin the case in DFW at a HIex

my travel is not near what it haz been in years past, with top tier in ALL the programs, so likely just going to try for two-Hyatt and SPG. Been a MR plat for forever but that 75 night deal is not going to work for me. Would have given them maybe 25 nights/year going forward but with the new HP in Sugar Land, that would make me diamond so bye-bye Marriott I guess
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windwalker
I will be showing them both some love this coming week, 4pts SW, and the new Sugar Land HP. Will also be crackin the case in DFW at a HIex

my travel is not near what it haz been in years past, with top tier in ALL the programs, so likely just going to try for two-Hyatt and SPG. Been a MR plat for forever but that 75 night deal is not going to work for me. Would have given them maybe 25 nights/year going forward but with the new HP in Sugar Land, that would make me diamond so bye-bye Marriott I guess
I'm somewhat in the same boat with almost all my travel personally funded (which is why I don't get to do enough of it). I am forgoing Marriott because there is no way on earth I can do 75 nights again this year. 25 nights is a much more attainable and maintainable target.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.