Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by colpuck
I can haz promotion.
Very nice! I'm working on trying to promote myself out of Tennessee this evening - the difference in pay and an even lower cost of living would make up for paying a state income tax.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Good evening Box and congrats to bdjohns1, colpuck.

ETA I think I read Steve's last post wrong! Did you get a new job or did the quote fall off?
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
He misplaced the Quote tag.
He did indeed and has corrected it. ps.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Congrats to those newly employed/promoted. Looks like it's been a good day for the Box!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Looks like Olton Hall and I are on for free cupcakes and EWR-MCO tomorrow morning. Because of the snow, CO1592 went from half-empty to and F is booked full.

While I was shoveling out my truck, I found two full bottles of pills buried in the snow. They were tossed around by the plows so much that I can't make out a name or address so I'm going door-knocking in my court to see if there is anyone missing their medication.

Later Box.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:10 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Looks like Olton Hall and I are on for free cupcakes and EWR-MCO tomorrow morning. Because of the snow, CO1592 went from half-empty to and F is booked full.

Later Box.
I shall be in EWR tomorrow morning too. I forgot about the cupcakes
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by msv
Which flight? Send me an SMS when you get in....we'll be in the P-Club.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by msv
I'll be there tomorrow... but my flight doesn't depart until 0945.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:17 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Which flight? Send me an SMS when you get in....we'll be in the P-Club.
I have never been in a P-club. CO1702 and I'm taking the choo-choo there for the first time so should arrive around 9.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
WWTBD: Madre de Copa gave in and booked a PHL-SNA run. She is scheduled to do so on Monday, and she is Silver. Do you:

A) Show up and go flying, knowing that the flights will be packed.
B) Go bumprunning and hang out in teh RCC between flights (she's PPlus)
C) Play the trip in vain card somehow
B. Definitely.

Originally Posted by colpuck
I can haz promotion.
^

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I'd say SPG has a good thing going with W and Le Meridien brands. However, Hyatt has some pretty plush properties, as well. Hyatt Regency DFW was a refreshing change from most airport properties I've stayed at. And that's just an airport property - they have some real :-::-::-::-::-: properties out there.
Le Meridien = the one SPG brand which I haz not, as of now. Was going to get it in LCY this summer but couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the brand-new W which is opening next month.

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Very nice! I'm working on trying to promote myself out of Tennessee this evening - the difference in pay and an even lower cost of living would make up for paying a state income tax.
Where is this??

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Congrats to those newly employed/promoted. Looks like it's been a good day for the Box!
+1

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
I'll be there tomorrow... but my flight doesn't depart until 0945.
I will be SHOCKED if there are still cupcakes for you, alas.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
On a scale of 0 to 10—with 0 representing zero possibility and 10 representing metaphysical certitude—what is the chance of Madre de Copa scoring bumps on Monday morning? Will the system still have significant in it by then?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mwg25
Where is this??
One of the eight states bordering Tennessee.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
No combination of pain-free body movements combined to let me pick up Kovy's evening trip to the bathroom. This led to me looking at Copa Connection, who by this point is chortling while watching me, and saying a string of words I never thought I would say.

"Come help me. I can't reach the $hit."
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And shocking news just coming across the wire in Tennessee.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by msv
I have never been in a P-club. CO1702 and I'm taking the choo-choo there for the first time so should arrive around 9.
Guess we'll miss you unless you want to get there REALLY early (we've got a 7:30 departure). If you do come, I'd be happy to guest you.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:30 pm

"Come help me. I can't reach the $hit."
......as Teh Box returns to it's regularly scheduled programming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.