Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XI, October 6-8, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Can't commit yet, but definitely interested!
Sounds good. Most everyone seems to have a good time.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
I'm in! Avios Flights to CVG & reservations at 4Pts.
OK, I think I'm going to do something a bit different this year.

After I get to CVG Friday night, I plan to drive to (near) Louisville. Then, Saturday morning I will do the bourbon tour at the new Angel's Envy distillery (they opened last year). The first tour is at 10:00 sharp (they recommend that you get here ~20 minutes early; I probably will not be quite that early) and takes ~1 hour; options after that would be to either 1) head to Keeneland with more than enough time to make the first race, or 2) stay in the Louisville area for one or two more bourbon tours. Either of these gives enough time to get to Saturday night's festivities.

As of yesterday the 10:00 tour on Saturday is wide open - if anyone wants to join me, just go to the Angel's Envy website & sign up. I wouldn't expect this to fill up for at least another month or so. However, the tour is a bit pricey ($15 pp); I have no idea if they give refunds.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Highly interested, we'll see what work tosses at me over the next few months. I'll try to make it!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
Highly interested, we'll see what work tosses at me over the next few months. I'll try to make it!
Hope it works out. The more, the merrier.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

8/4/17 issue of "Taste of the South" magazine has a feature on LEX:

http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/lexington-ky/
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Please mark me as tentative. Currently have a 3 week overseas work trip scheduled to return on Oct 6th.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Well I'm officially in, I suppose. Landing in CVG Friday evening and departing late Sunday afternoon.

Also booked my first Delta Basic Economy fare Figured a return itinerary with a cabin in a 2-2 configuration, there was minimal risk in opting for BE.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Please mark me as tentative. Currently have a 3 week overseas work trip scheduled to return on Oct 6th.

-FlyerBeek
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Well I'm officially in, I suppose. Landing in CVG Friday evening and departing late Sunday afternoon.

Also booked my first Delta Basic Economy fare Figured a return itinerary with a cabin in a 2-2 configuration, there was minimal risk in opting for BE.

Ok, thanks for the updates.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
I am definitely interested! I was talking to some friends this weekend about how much fun this weekend is.

I still need to confirm work travel, and once I know, I'll confirm if I'll be able to go or not
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by youseeme
I am definitely interested! I was talking to some friends this weekend about how much fun this weekend is.

I still need to confirm work travel, and once I know, I'll confirm if I'll be able to go or not
Thanks, let us know.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I have a family wedding to attend that weekend, so unfortunately I am officially out.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I have a family wedding to attend that weekend, so unfortunately I am officially out.
Ok, thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Just booked the Four Points. Thurs=4,000 points, Fri & Sat=3,000. Not the greatest hotel but worth the points since they want 208 dead presidents/refundable night (=$0.0624/pt).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Just booked the Four Points. Thurs=4,000 points, Fri & Sat=3,000. Not the greatest hotel but worth the points since they want 208 dead presidents/refundable night (=$0.0624/pt).
Looks like hotels are starting to get pretty booked up for that weekend. The Four Points won't let me book a Friday arrival with a Sunday departure. Looks like I'm going to wind up at some Motel 6 that makes the Four Points look like a W.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
LEX just published as one AA's reduced mileage award cities for this Fall (Aug-Nov) for AA Citi (and Aviator) cardholders. Might be an option for someone, assuming you can find award availability. Up to 7,500 miles off roundtrip award (depending on card and flight length)

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.