WineDO 8.5-- Saturday, January 23, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDO 8.5-- Saturday, January 23, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Save the Date:

Wine Do will take place Sunday June 12, 2016. The thread will be posted in early 2016. Please do not post your intent here. This thread is for the January Do.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
So, what do we drink? :-)

As you get your bottles/ideas set, please post them. I will create a listing for those who like to follow with details tasting notes...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'll be bringing a pinot noir. This is a lighter red that goes perfect with many of the fish options. I have several Sojourns that are drinking well. My biggest issue will be deciding which one to bring.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I'll be bringing a pinot noir. This is a lighter red that goes perfect with many of the fish options. I have several Sojourns that are drinking well. My biggest issue will be deciding which one to bring.
I would let you in, just because it is sojourn

What else will be served?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLroads
I would let you in, just because it is sojourn

What else will be served?
Not sure, but I'm thinking of a "warm winter white" (not served warm, of course) that pairs well with pescado.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Payment sent. Wine choice still under discussion.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
Payment sent. Wine choice still under discussion.
What he said.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
DLroads - thanks for adding my +1.

Payment has been submitted via PayPal.

In the spirit of quality over quantity, we'll follow your suggestion to bring a shared bottle between the two of us.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

In the spirit of quality over quantity, we'll follow your suggestion to bring a shared bottle between the two of us.
^

In the spirit of my promise, three more that follow and I'd bring a nice bonus bottle :-)

What else do we plan on drinking? feel free to post your thoughts, ideas or requests for opinions from the honorary chairperson . I am happy that all pending champagne bubbles arrived to the storage. I may need to get few Crmant to try, though...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:01 pm

I may need to get few Crmant to try, though...
I just happen to have a NV Cuve Des Hospitaliers Crmant d'Alsace that I brought back a couple of years ago, but it comes nowhere near the minimum entry fee. Outstandingly good however.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:10 pm

mmmh,regarding post #2, I believe that there may be a long lost and forgotten dialect of Yupik that Monitor "may" have some trouble with. Other than that, he can bluff his way through almost every other language (except Polish)

I've even seen him speak Kiwi
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

I just happen to have a NV Cuve Des Hospitaliers Crmant d'Alsace that I brought back a couple of years ago, but it comes nowhere near the minimum entry fee. Outstandingly good however.
Can be a bonus bottle.

I've even seen him speak Kiwi
I wonder how you saw the language
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:04 pm

Can be a bonus bottle.

I wonder how you saw the language
His lips were moving There has got to be a song in there somewhere....
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:16 am
Original Poster

His lips were moving There has got to be a song in there somewhere....

Good one. So, what else would we be drinking? I am narrowing down the list for potential bottles, replacements and bonuses... If anyone wish to source bottles and not deliver during their travels, dhammer53 offered a first selection set (from his cellar) and I offer one as well. (all the bubbles are finally in the central storage, so you can pick everything you'd like )

I won't be testing anything this week (or last week) as I am 'under the weather', but those who do and find something nice, please share notes

If you are a 'quiet' reader, and do plan to join, please post-- I will need to finalize the table size, etc. at some point, and its easier to plan ahead early. We always try hard to make any last minute accommodations, but its easier to plan ahead
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My plus one and I would love it if an expert could provide the bottle for us, and as listing the options would only confuse us further, we are happy to defer to their judgment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.