Search

Belgian Beer Festival DO IV in BRU, April 26-27, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by richtravels
My reservations are made. I will arrive BRU on Tuesday. Reservations at the Renaissance Brussels for Fri, Sat, and Sun nights. Hope to join you for some of the other activities.
Welcome aboard!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great Belgian Beer Dinner officially announced (thanks, polkacat):

http://www.lekkervlaanderen.be/en/th...er-dinner-2014

April 23, 7 pm, Ghent

Tickets go on sale Feb. 23. In previous years we have used Paypal. Limited seating. 99 Euro.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some of the blogs are reporting that Brussels Airlines award space is now bookable through United's website.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Club Carlson & Hilton HHonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Not to compete with the other hotel suggested, but may I suggest for those people who are planning to spend the night in Brussels to do so at the Crowne Plaza Le Palace in Brussels. It is a renowned 4 * hotel, 5 min walk from the Midi train station which will take you to Leuven in 20 minutes. If you are planning to stay there, let me know so I can contact the guest experience manager of the place to take good care of you ;-)
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AaronD23:

Thanks for your post. Hope you can join us.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA
Information about Night of the Great Thirst is now available at http://www.geuzegenootschap.be/nacht-van-de-grote-dorst.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
We are arriving on the 23rd and are also staying at the Ren. We are booked out on the 30th. I'm not sure I will be able to make the dinner on the 23rd. We are usually pretty wiped out on the day of arrival. I am interested in doing a day of ZBF. visiting the cafe at Westvleteren and possibly visiting De Heeren van Liedekircke.

So, will there be a chance for us to meet? Anyone already made plans for any of the above? Should I be buying tickets to ZBF on-line now or is it safe to plan to buy at the door?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said, this is my first FT Do.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michilander
We are arriving on the 23rd and are also staying at the Ren. We are booked out on the 30th. I'm not sure I will be able to make the dinner on the 23rd. We are usually pretty wiped out on the day of arrival. I am interested in doing a day of ZBF. visiting the cafe at Westvleteren and possibly visiting De Heeren van Liedekircke.

So, will there be a chance for us to meet? Anyone already made plans for any of the above? Should I be buying tickets to ZBF on-line now or is it safe to plan to buy at the door?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said, this is my first FT Do.
There are no advance tickets for ZBF; it's not restricted, except I guess by fire code, but it's plenty big enough. You buy however many tokens you want for samples and get a small tasting glass at the entrance.

Our group customarily gets there at opening and grabs a table at the far back right, where we can leave our stuff all day and sit and yak. Some of the time there are several crazy Danes with us, wearing red and yellow. I think that will be Sunday this year. Cannot miss them.

I definitely recommend all three of your listed activities. Call/email and reserve at De Heeren, and don't fail to call ASAP if you have to cancel. They'll put you on a naughty list.

That said, it's possible I may have to cancel my trip at the last minute. My mother-in-law went into the hospital this weekend and the outcome is uncertain.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
There are no advance tickets for ZBF; it's not restricted, except I guess by fire code, but it's plenty big enough. You buy however many tokens you want for samples and get a small tasting glass at the entrance.

Our group customarily gets there at opening and grabs a table at the far back right, where we can leave our stuff all day and sit and yak. Some of the time there are several crazy Danes with us, wearing red and yellow. I think that will be Sunday this year. Cannot miss them.

I definitely recommend all three of your listed activities. Call/email and reserve at De Heeren, and don't fail to call ASAP if you have to cancel. They'll put you on a naughty list.
Also consider going to Night of the Great Thirst on April 25: http://www.geuzegenootschap.be/nacht-van-de-grote-dorst.

Toomanybooks, sorry to hear your mother-in-law is in the hospital and hope she recuperates.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by polkacat

Toomanybooks, sorry to hear your mother-in-law is in the hospital and hope she recuperates.
Let me echo those sentiments for a full recovery. Having spoken off-line with toomanybooks, at present we seem to be under somewhat similar circumstances. Let's all hope for the best.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Toomanybooks,

I know I haven't met you like the others but I too would like to offer my best wishes for you mother-in-law. Hope things work out for you.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: CO Pres Plat, then UA Global Services--long expired : (
Don't visit FT too much anymore since not traveling like I was before. But, I saw the call out for this DO in the blast FT e-mail. A Belgium beer trip has been on my wish list for awhile so I'm in.

Arriving BRU Fri; staying at Ren; Depart BRU Mon

Will be my first DO--looking forward to it!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Very sadly, I must advise that I will not be able to attend the Belgian Beer Festival this year. My father-in-law has passed away. I will miss seeing all of you this year (as well as all the great beer, especially The Night of Great Thirst and ZBF). All three of the previous DOs have been great fun and no doubt this one will be as well.

For those of you staying at the Renaissance next weekend, please note that while cancelling my reservation I saw that for Marriott Rewards members they seem to have added a rate of 79 euros/night inclusive of 10 euro/night food and beverage credit, plus 1000 bonus pts/stay. After you've entered your dates and click on view rates, hit the "Marriott Rewards Offer" tab and this offer should appear. These extras were not available when I made my original reservation and the offer seems to be good for Fri, Sat, Fri+Sat, and Fri-Sun date combos.

Hope to see all of you soon.
Safe travels to all.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And unfortunately I must pull out as well. My mother-in-law is just home from a week in the hospital, and I am one of her primary caregivers.

Very disappointed to miss this. There's always next year.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:24 am

KMA26, so sorry for your loss.

Definitely going to miss hanging out with you & toomanybooks this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.