Reload this Page >

Belgian Beer Festival DO IV in BRU, April 26-27, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belgian Beer Festival DO IV in BRU, April 26-27, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:55 am

So sorry we didn't meet! I was looking for a US flag but the only one I found was that frankly extraordinary jacket worn by an older gentleman!
I hope you all had a good time, the atmosphere in Eizeringen was lovely as usual.

Hopefully next time!
Enjoy the rest of your time in Belgium!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by malmostoso
So sorry we didn't meet! I was looking for a US flag but the only one I found was that frankly extraordinary jacket worn by an older gentleman!
I hope you all had a good time, the atmosphere in Eizeringen was lovely as usual.

Hopefully next time!
Enjoy the rest of your time in Belgium!
Ha ha, I saw that gentleman as well - and he was not with us! We did have a wonderful time, it was a very nice evening.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:18 pm

Now that I'm back home (boo!) - it was great to hang out with you all!

All of my bottles got home intact. And, richtravels is correct that the immigration & customs kiosks don't ask about alcohol - I read the list several times to be certain. The officer did ask, but it was not at all a problem when I replied I had beer. ^
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by polkacat
Now that I'm back home (boo!) - it was great to hang out with you all!

All of my bottles got home intact. And, richtravels is correct that the immigration & customs kiosks don't ask about alcohol - I read the list several times to be certain. The officer did ask, but it was not at all a problem when I replied I had beer. ^
When you say kiosks, do you mean the Global Entry kiosks?
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:28 am

Chicago actually has kiosks for all U.S. and Canadian citizens now, and it sounds like they ask the same questions as Global Entry although I am not 100%. The big difference is that non-GE folks have to then chat with an officer after using the kiosk.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by polkacat
Chicago actually has kiosks for all U.S. and Canadian citizens now, and it sounds like they ask the same questions as Global Entry although I am not 100%. The big difference is that non-GE folks have to then chat with an officer after using the kiosk.
Ahhh, that explains why you had a chat with an agent. As I recall, GE asks 6 questions. Have you exceeded your exemption? Have you used any part of your exemption in the past 30 days? Are you carrying more than $10,000? Have you been on a farm or around farm animals? Are you bringing in any fresh fruits or vegetables or any meats or cheeses? Are you bringing in any commercial goods? Not exact wording, but along those lines. No questions about alcohol other than whether you exceeded your exemption. If I were bringing in more than the liter I would answer yes to that one because I DO NOT want to risk losing GE.

By the way, it was great meeting you guys at ZBF. Drank way too much beer, but had a wonderful time. Maybe we can meet up there again.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: CO Pres Plat, then UA Global Services--long expired : (
Global entry worked well at IAH too. Went through with about 50 lbs of great beer--no questions, just took the printed ticket and waved me through.

I definitely want to thank richtravels and polkacat--my first trip to BRU would not have been the same without your help. Looking forward to meeting up again somewhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.