FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat
Well, I will have to hear about the all the advanced FTUs at the next happy hour -- I woke up this morning with the worst cold... wouldn't want to infect anyone. Count me in for the January meet up!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
darn. I"m so sorry I'm just seeing this. I'm here in the DC area and would have loved to attend. I work "in the biz" and today's weather is gonna keep me sufficient busy that i won't be able to make it. darnit! I should add, too, that I was JUST at Ted's Bulletin last week for the first time and you all will enjoy it. you MUST get the pop tart. They're illegally delicious!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Missing December

Agreed - just saw this thread today. Would have been great to be able to make it - but I won't be able to make it to Cap Hill.

I'll def follow this thread for future meet ups. Have a great time.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
It was great to finally meet everyone tonight. Thanks for coming out!

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Thanks to all who made it last night. We had a nice mix of regulars and first-time attendees.

I'll try to schedule something for January. As mhnadel pointed out, Restaurant Week normally happens in January and, if I'm in town (often it overlaps with SinDo, at which I'm a regular attendee), I'll try to make a couple of reservations in as large a number of seats as I can and then make those seats available on a first-come first-served basis.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Excellent meeting you all, and a fine location! I think I'm still full from that burger...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Good to see everyone last night.

According to Open Table, it looks like January restaurant week is the 19th through 25th, the early part of which would conflict with SinDo. But some places do extend restaurant week, so we shall see.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Unfortunately the seating arrangement did not work out for the larger sized crowd. I hope everyone returns next time.

While I enjoyed the restaurant, it is fairly small and most of the tables are booths, which does not work with an expanding group.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Alright, I've made one reservation for Restaurant Week: Friday, January 23, at 7:00 pm at 701, in Penn Quarter. The (Menu) looks decent, and it's hard to get much more Metro-accessible. (Oh, and 701 is known as a place where you can carry on a conversation without having to yell across the table.) Who's in?

Last edited by gvdIAD; Jan 6, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
Alright, I've made one reservation for Restaurant Week: Friday, January 23, at 7:00 pm...
Ouch. We are out of there on the 22d and were hoping that somebody might come up with something for the 21st. If someone does, there are two of us who will be working in town all day, ready to meet for dinner.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Count me in for 701 please -- sticky bun parfait -- sounds like a very special bread pudding!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Looks like I can do the 23rd. I will edit the wiki when I am on a real keyboard.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:46 am

Count me in. BTW, I received a strange email from gvdIAD. I wonder if it is OK since the address ends in .br Anyone else ?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:33 pm

Added myself for Jan 23rd - thanks gvdIAD for reserving!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:13 pm

Would love to join, as long as you guys don't mind letting a newb crash your party

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.