Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do VIII (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Please put Sondra and myself down as confirmed.
Ticketed to Arr CO53 on Aug 30. Depart Sept 4 om CO 52.

As *wood folk, we would like to use our points. Is there as suggested/preferred *wood hotel? By the time of the DO, I will no longer be *wood Platinum.
Excellent news !!!! ^

The best SPG hotel in town is the Park Tower.... if you have the points budget and can get an award there that would be great. Many FTers stay there and also at the regular Sheraton next door during this Do...
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by freqflyercoll
I'm interested in this! no idea right now if I can make it...but I'll keep tracking updates
Very happy to read you are considering this Do... Ive added you to the list of interested folks !!! ^
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:13 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Excellent news !!!! ^

The best SPG hotel in town is the Park Tower.... if you have the points budget and can get an award there that would be great. Many FTers stay there and also at the regular Sheraton next door during this Do...
The Sheraton next door is the Libratador? If so, I made reservations. The diffenential for the Park Tower was too great.

Ed
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

The Sheraton next door is the Libratador? If so, I made reservations. The diffenential for the Park Tower was too great.
No, the Sheraton next door to the Park Tower is the Sheraton Convention Center. The Libertador is another FT favorite hotel, its on Av. Cordoba. I think that the Libertador and the Convention Center Sheraton are about equivalent.... perhaps someone that has stayed at both locations recently can give a more detailed report. The Park Tower is a step above & beyond these both, but it is a Luxury Collection property so that explains the differential you mention above.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Jan 27, 2012 at 2:34 pm
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:31 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
No, the Sheraton next door to the Park Tower is the Sheraton Convention Center. The Libertador is another FT favorite hotel, its on Av. Cordoba. I think that the Libertador and the Convention Center Sheraton are about equivalent.... perhaps someone that has stayed at both locations recently can give a more detailed report. The Park Tower is a step above & beyond these both, but it is a Luxury Collection property so that explains the differential you mention above.
Just as an update, I did some research, which I should have done first, and have now switched to a club floor at the Sheraton Convention Center.

Ed
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Anybody else up for this event...?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Just as an update, I did some research, which I should have done first, and have now switched to a club floor at the Sheraton Convention Center.

Ed
You've made a good choice. This is my favorite hotel (well, maybe other than the Park Hyatt). I had some health issues there several years ago, and they earned my loyalty, so I've stayed there several times. Great service and the club is excellent.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Anybody else....?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
You've made a good choice. This is my favorite hotel (well, maybe other than the Park Hyatt). I had some health issues there several years ago, and they earned my loyalty, so I've stayed there several times. Great service and the club is excellent.
Comparing the Park Hyatt to the Sheraton is a little unfair, as both are clearly in a different segment. Average rates at the Hyatt will be at least 100 to 120% more expensive than at the Sheraton.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Anybody else up for this....???
Old Mar 10, 2012, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Comparing the Park Hyatt to the Sheraton is a little unfair, as both are clearly in a different segment. Average rates at the Hyatt will be at least 100 to 120% more expensive than at the Sheraton.
I'm not quite sure how saying positive things can be considered "unfair," but yes, they are two different categories of hotels.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Anybody else up for this....???
I'm interested. I'm going to have FrequentFlyerColl find some cheap fares from DC.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Hi Gaucho100k sadly I won't be able to make it. So you can remove me from the interested list. Maybe another year.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 8:32 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
This DO is on my list of "things to do before I die" but hopefully I have quite some time to come to acomplish everything on that list

Unfortunately this year it won't be possible to come. But I will definitely try in 2013 if there will be a cow Do IX...

Have fun everybody - and don't drink all the good red wine, let some of the good bottles in the cellar for next year...!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
List of FTers interested in participating..... - 30 (thirty)

MsEverywhere (holding reservations)
You can sadly remove my name from the list. But I'd like to return soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.