Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Ink+ is a metal core with a thin layer of plastic on either side.
I'm looking at mine right now, that I got in May. It's as plastic as the hotel room key right behind it in my wallet. No metal.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Ink+ is a metal core with a thin layer of plastic on either side.
Not mine.. Just the Sapphire Preferred was metal among all my Chase cards.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bretyost
I'm looking at mine right now, that I got in May. It's as plastic as the hotel room key right behind it in my wallet. No metal.
Originally Posted by hpark21
Not mine.. Just the Sapphire Preferred was metal among all my Chase cards.
I stand corrected. Was conflating this with my Chase Marriott card for some stupid reason.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, TK Gold
Need advice.

applied for Ink+ 05/08/16 using general application page 60K UR/$5K/3months. application was approved. well on my way towards min spend.

early june I got invitation to apply to Ink+ for the same business name and 60K UR/$5K/3months, paper mail application with invitation number and offer code. No language in fine print about 24 months wait.

I'm well above 5/24.

any chance I can double dip? shall I mail it or apply online using invitation number and offer code?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:06 pm

I got the ink plus on may 31 and spent 5k as of 4 days ago and paid the bill today before the statement closes on july 25th

When should i expect the 70k points posted in the account,?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by misterno
I got the ink plus on may 31 and spent 5k as of 4 days ago and paid the bill today before the statement closes on july 25th

When should i expect the 70k points posted in the account,?
July 26th.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by purdue1015
Just called again and it said I was approved! In 2 days...can't complain!
Just to follow up...I got my card in hand 1 week after initial application. I just sent a SM asking for the 70K bonus and they approved no problem. This was my 4th chase card in the last 5 months (5th card total in that same time period), and I have a FICO in 740s. This will be the end of my big spend for a while so I plan to go through a "cooling off" period for a few months at least.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:53 am

I've had my Ink Plus for nearly 3 years. I'm thinking of downgrading to the Ink Cash (if they allow me). If I were to downgrade, which keeps my same account number, am I eligible to re-apply for a new Ink Plus in order to get the larger sign-up bonus?

Furthermore, since the Ink cards are business cards, keeping one open for longer periods doesn't really benefit my personal credit, and closing it doesn't negatively impact - correct?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:30 pm

I have been buying gift cards from staples thru UR website

So I am getting 5x points from chase and 2x points from Staples

Then I learned that people do all that and on top of that they got cash back bonuses from topcashback or ebates or splender

I logged into splender to get 4% but the site wants me to click on their link. If I do that I can not get 2x points from UR.

So how do people do that?

Secondly Discover site gives 5% to staples purchase. But you do not have to use discover you can use chase cards to get 5x

Has anyone tried this route? 5% cash back is better than 2x points from UR website I think.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by misterno
I have been buying gift cards from staples thru UR website

So I am getting 5x points from chase and 2x points from Staples

Then I learned that people do all that and on top of that they got cash back bonuses from topcashback or ebates or splender

I logged into splender to get 4% but the site wants me to click on their link. If I do that I can not get 2x points from UR.

So how do people do that?

Secondly Discover site gives 5% to staples purchase. But you do not have to use discover you can use chase cards to get 5x

Has anyone tried this route? 5% cash back is better than 2x points from UR website I think.
Have you documented that you are actually getting the extra 2X UR from Staples? Because for a long time now, no one has been able to get that on gift cards. IOW, gift cards are excluded from the 2X offer.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
AF for Ink Bold hit this month and I want to either cancel or downgrade to Ink Cash if they will let me. I don't really need the card any more and haven't used it much this past year. Is there any reason to change to Ink Cash or should I just cancel? I'm assuming that I can maintain my UR as long as I have my CSP open. Please confirm. That would suck to lose those points.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:15 pm

Has anyone that was targeted for the 60K Ink+ offer called in to inquire about the 70K bonus for local apps in-branch? If so, how did you fare? I just received and registered my card after having been approved with the 60K offer. I also just read the wiki and discovered the 70K "local" offer. I'm about to call Chase to ask whether they would be willing to extend the additional 10K to my card, but I'd like to gather more info before doing so. I'd appreciate any feedback or input.

Also, on a separate note: could someone please explain/differentiate between the following -

5x Qualifying:
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal)

NOT Qualifying:
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)

Should I be using my Ink+ for regular eBay purchases, paid either directly through eBay's checkout or a linked PayPal account?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Read the thread on Reddit and sent a secure message to card services yesterday evening. They responded this morning and were all too happy to extend the offer for an additional 10K points to match the 70K offer!

Last edited by OliverB; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:52 pm

Also, can anyone confirm the UR bonus for adding an AU or "employee card" in this case? I was under the impression that there was an additional 5-10K; is this accurate?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
... assuming that I can maintain my UR as long as I have my CSP open. Please confirm.
Chase creates a separate UR account for each card. You need to transfer the points from the Ink Bold UR account to the Sapphire Preferred account before closing the Ink card account.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Chase creates a separate UR account for each card. You need to transfer the points from the Ink Bold UR account to the Sapphire Preferred account before closing the Ink card account.
Ok. Thank you. I didn't realize they were separate UR accounts. Will do this now. Glad I asked!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.