Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sechs
If I recall correctly, you don't have to wait at all.

Since the Visa and Mastercard are considered different products, you don't even need to cancel the MC to apply.
Can anyone confirm this from personal experience?

I have a MC Ink Plus and would like to apply for Visa version without cancelling my MC.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by PRHusky
Can anyone confirm this from personal experience?

I have a MC Ink Plus and would like to apply for Visa version without cancelling my MC.
Yes. I had a Visa IB card and was approved for a MasterCard IB card while the first one was still open. Same SS#, but separate businesses.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Got a letter from Chase saying lounge club benefit is going away and deadline to register for final year is 4/30/15. 2 questions:

Has this been known for a while and I was asleep at the switch?

Any other changes announced for the ink cards?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone able to obtain statements for this card even if it was cancelled a year ago?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by pointchaser93
Got a letter from Chase saying lounge club benefit is going away and deadline to register for final year is 4/30/15. 2 questions:

Has this been known for a while and I was asleep at the switch?

Any other changes announced for the ink cards?
Bad news indeed! Is it possible to renew early? Ours expire July 31 2015 and we will be using those club visits soon. I want to try to have lounge visits available for a trip next year in April so I want to renew or reapply on 29 April this year.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:24 am

> Is it possible to renew early? Ours expire July 31 2015 and we will be using those club visits soon.
> I want to try to have lounge visits available for a trip next year in April so I want to renew or reapply on 29 April this year.

Would also like to know (mine currently set to expire October 31, 2015).

Last edited by Rich999; Mar 30, 2015 at 8:25 am Reason: add quote
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:31 am

I couldn't find this info elsewhere, so apologies if it's already been discussed: is Vonage one of the bonus category vendors? It is a telecom company, although not specifically cell, landline, or internet provider... Does anyone have a direct experience with paying Vonage with the Ink cards?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
For this card, if we cancel it can we still get the extended warranty benefit?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
For this card, if we cancel it can we still get the extended warranty benefit?
Pretty sure all benefits are lost once the card is closed.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:33 pm

Changes to Lounge Club Program for Chase Ink Customers

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/03/chan...ink-customers/
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
Changes to Lounge Club Program for Chase Ink Customers

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/03/chan...ink-customers/
Discussed in the Lounge thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-cards-16.html
Old Apr 8, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
Downgrade to Ink Cash, get signup?

I just got the Ink Plus. When the AF comes due, if I don't get a retention offer to my liking, my plan is to downgrade to the Ink Cash. Mainly because the bonus categories are the same (restaurants is BETTER than hotels for me), but also downgrade (not cancel) to keep the account open and improve credit length. When I do this, is there any way to get the Ink Cash sign up bonus AND the benefit of the longer credit? Or do I have to cancel the Plus and then get the Ink Cash to be able to get the signup bonus?

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by currid7
I just got the Ink Plus. When the AF comes due, if I don't get a retention offer to my liking, my plan is to downgrade to the Ink Cash. Mainly because the bonus categories are the same (restaurants is BETTER than hotels for me), but also downgrade (not cancel) to keep the account open and improve credit length. When I do this, is there any way to get the Ink Cash sign up bonus AND the benefit of the longer credit? Or do I have to cancel the Plus and then get the Ink Cash to be able to get the signup bonus?

Thanks
If you want the sign up bonus, you have to open a new account (new inquiry).

I have the Ink Cash card and it's one of my personal favorites. The 2x dining is nice and in addition to the 5x categories, makes the Ink Cash more valuable for me than the CSP.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
Ok, that's what I figured. Any thoughts on the sign up for the Ink Cash vs. the AF for Plus? I suppose I could just keep it as long as I can get the AF waived each year. The one time 20,000 bump of UR points is nice, but worth it to cancel my Plus and take the hit on my brand new business credit report? Not sure...

Can anyone chime in on the pros / cons of each way?

As always, appreciated!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by currid7
Ok, that's what I figured. Any thoughts on the sign up for the Ink Cash vs. the AF for Plus? I suppose I could just keep it as long as I can get the AF waived each year. The one time 20,000 bump of UR points is nice, but worth it to cancel my Plus and take the hit on my brand new business credit report? Not sure...

Can anyone chime in on the pros / cons of each way?

As always, appreciated!
Don't do it! I know I didn't--this month! Here's the thing: Are 20K UR points really worth a hard pull to you? Pretty much the worst sign up bonus on any card you'd consider getting, right?

So here's what you do: Downgrade your Plus to the Cash. Then MS with it, spend 2K/month on SGC for a year, and you'll get 125K UR points. That's a great deal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.