Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 8:44 am

And here's one that may be of interest (post 540 in the "Chase Ink Plus Offers - 60k" thread):
Originally Posted by grizzam
I had signed up for the 50k offer in late Nov. Secure message today and they added the 10k. Did not pay AF
Old May 4, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
If you've already applied for it, it can't hurt to ask. I'd love to have a newer data point to disprove mine (the most recent of which is 6+ months old).
I will definitely ask once I meet the spend (should happen in the next week or two).
Old May 4, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
What is the # to call if it says they need to review the application further?
Old May 4, 2015, 12:39 pm

Current holder of Ink Bold AND Ink Cash - apply for Ink Plus too?

Hello - I apologize if this question has already been answered previously, but as a holder of an Ink Bold AND and Ink Cash for the same business, what are my odds of being accepted for an Ink Plus for the same business? That would make 3 business credit cards in all.
I don't want to close the Ink Bold yet for leverage purposes, so would I be asked or should I suggest to close the Ink Bold during the reconsideration phone call, in order to get the new 60K bonus?
Any pointers are appreciated!
Thank you - Al
Old May 4, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by bobert24
And here's one that may be of interest (post 540 in the "Chase Ink Plus Offers - 60k" thread):
This gives me hope!
Old May 4, 2015, 2:09 pm

Does anyone have a clue about this? Too greedy to have 3 business cards open simultaneously? Will it even be considered? ...

Or... should I cancel Bold and wait for this offer to appear later on...

Thank you!
'''''''''

I'm starting to get the feeling that it is pretty unusual to be accepted for a 3rd business cards, I guess there are not enough data points to believe the outcome, either acceptance or rejection...

Last edited by philemer; May 5, 2015 at 10:38 pm
Old May 5, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by maxmnx
I have also had 2 Ink Plus cards for 2 separate businesses and received the bonus for both.

Last bonus was 4/14, so again before the 24 month rule.

Still not sure if using an EIN vs. SS would get around the 24 month rule.

I have had Ink Plus without EIN - used my own SSN but doing business as ..."xxx".

1) How can I track Chase closed CCs easily?

2) I called Chase and they tell me I closed my Ink Plus in June 2014 - I might have closed after 6 months or 12 months.

Can I use my SSN but different biz name and apply and still eligible for the sign on bonus?
Old May 5, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
any verdict on the second ink plus?

I got my ink plus in june 2014. trying to figure if i will get bonus for applying for a different business.

thanks!
Old May 5, 2015, 3:05 pm

Does the 5x on interent, tv etc... come out of the same $50,000 limit of office supply stores?
Old May 6, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cvhatton
Does the 5x on interent, tv etc... come out of the same $50,000 limit of office supply stores?
Yes.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Consolidated]

Can I get 5X on ink at office max for buying online? And does office max or other office supply shops have gift cards for Amazon that I could buy with cc? I buy almost everything (non-grocery) on Amazon except for office supply paper.

I have a basic (useless) business chase ual cc. Can I convert it to Ink card? how would I do that to get any ink bonus?

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by gaobest
Can I get 5X on ink at office max for buying online? And does office max or other office supply shops have gift cards for Amazon that I could buy with cc? I buy almost everything (non-grocery) on Amazon except for office supply paper.

I have a basic (useless) business chase ual cc. Can I convert it to Ink card? how would I do that to get any ink bonus?

Thanks!
Yes, Office Max online purchases qualify for 5X URs. I have not found any Amazon GCs online at any office supply store. You can, however, pick them up at an actual Staples store. Don't know if Office Max stores carry them, as we don't have one near us.

I don't believe you can convert your UA biz card to an Ink card and if you could I doubt you would receive any bonus points. You can, however, apply for a new Ink card and receive the bonus.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:36 am

Different part of the country from both of you but the last 3 times I visited Staples stores I've not been able to secure Amazon cards. Either I'm just unlucky and other MS'ers have cleaned the racks, or Staples is just not putting them out anymore.

I was successful yesterday in getting $210 in cards at OfficeDepot, the hard way at $10/card. That was all they had. Took an unbearable amount of time to load those 21 cards with the long codes that Amazon uses.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Consolidated]

Thanks - just so I understand... You bought 21 individual $10 Amazon gift cards? And total cost is $210 (no sales tax), and then you redeem when shopping at Amazon?
I'm just making sure because MS is new for me and because I have a chase ual business card that doesn't give much more than 1mile per dollar so it's not a great value.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by gaobest
Thanks - just so I understand... You bought 21 individual $10 Amazon gift cards? And total cost is $210 (no sales tax), and then you redeem when shopping at Amazon?
I'm just making sure because MS is new for me and because I have a chase ual business card that doesn't give much more than 1mile per dollar so it's not a great value.
The scenario you are inquiring about is not really MS...at least in my estimation. You are merely maximizing miles earned per $ spent on regular purchases (from Amazon, in this case.)

1. If you don't have any problems with your credit, get the Ink card with the highest bonus you can find (50K or 60K at this point, I believe)
2. Go to your local Staples and purchase some Amazon Gift Cards with the Ink card. I can usually find $50 GCs at the very lowest denomination at our store... but YMMV.
3. Load the cards into your Amazon account and shop there as usual.

That's it. No trickery. No schemes. Just make sure you don't purchase more GCs than you might use in your ordinary Amazon spending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.