Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
08/18/2015 This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1703507-chase-ink-cards-summer-2015-onward.html

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is a charge card (pay balance in full each month), while Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. Otherwise, the two cards are very similar; both are business cards, and both allow you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.
What are the best current offers?
There are no current Ink Bold offers. There are several non-targeted Ink Plus offers for 50K, all for $5,000 spend in the first 3 months from account opening with annual fee ($95) waived for the first year:
What are the rules for transfering UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Old Discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...available.html
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Card Questions [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:03 pm

I'm gonna sound like a total noob so I apologize, but how does that work ??? It would be amazing if I could pay my rent(1k) thru the ink card somehow
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by jayb5635
I'm gonna sound like a total noob so I apologize, but how does that work ??? It would be amazing if I could pay my rent(1k) thru the ink card somehow

Checkout the MS Section.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by f0xx
During OM/Staples promos. Sure.
Even without a promo it makes sense to MS on Ink at OM/OD/S since you can generate URs at <0.67 cpp, but I too usually wait for promos then hit them hard to maximize the return on my time.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by bribro
Even without a promo it makes sense to MS on Ink at OM/OD/S since you can generate URs at <0.67 cpp, but I too usually wait for promos then hit them hard to maximize the return on my time.
what kind of items are you guys buying at Office stores? 200 dollar gift cards? gas cards? just wondering what others are doing.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Superorb
Checkout the MS Section.
Gang,
Please move your Manufactured Spending comments & questions to their forum. Click on the link above.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:02 pm

Ink® from Chase offers exclusive access to Expedia Business Rewards®, a FREE solution that lets you track all of your business travel in one place, and gives you access to Expedia's large selection of travel options. Plus, you will earn a $100 hotel coupon for every 10 nights booked by your company at eligible hotels.

LIMITED-TIME OFFER:

Get three extra reward night credits for
an eligible hotel booking until May 22, 2014.*
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:14 am

I logged into my Chase Biz accounts (two Ink Bolds for 2 different businesses) and one of them everything says unavailable for cash advance, limit, etc. But I was able to use the card a few hours ago. Why would everything say unavailable?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by jayb5635
So do people still get approved without having an official business or is it more difficult nowadays ???
ALMOST anyone can have a legit biz-- sell on amazon? e bay? baby sit buy sell stamps-coins -- even thinking of a biz works -- some card co. give a volume range that starts with "0"
if asked can say 0--just have number in mind of what u "think" will do 1st yr in biz-- and -- know ur business

no need to lie

name of biz-use -ur name bill smith etc--this way if need proof u can show a telephone bill etc
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
I logged into my Chase Biz accounts (two Ink Bolds for 2 different businesses) and one of them everything says unavailable for cash advance, limit, etc. But I was able to use the card a few hours ago. Why would everything say unavailable?
Looks like this:

Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:28 pm

Chase Ink Renewal?

Hi FT gurus...my Chase Ink renewal will be happening in a couple days and I have 80k points. No other Chase cards. What should I do to avoid paying the expensive renewal fees? Should I cancel and if so what will happen to my points? Is there a way to open another Chase card and transfer the points there for no cost? Please let me know what you guys think
Anthony
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:02 pm

Call the number on the back of your card and say you're thinking of cancelling the card, and ask if they offer any incentives to keep it open. Many have reported $95 statement credits, or 10k mile credits. Read this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...all-cards.html

Whatever you do, don't cancel the card with 80k UR points sitting there. You'll lose them. You can open a no annual fee Freedom card and park the UR points there, but you won't be able to transfer the points directly to United, Hyatt, etc. unless you have an Ink Bold, Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, or JPM Palladium card.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:54 pm

if you cancel the card you lose the points, so transfer them to an airline or hotel partner before cancelling
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:15 pm

I wouldn't call $95 expensive
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:03 am

Hi guys, What is the recommended strategy to apply for bold or ink? First bold and then ink or first ink and then bold? Or does it matter?

i am planning on applying for bold first and then ink some months down the lane telling them that i need ink as i need a flexible credit line and not bold that i need to pay off every month.

Edit-Well, i just applied for bold and got the dreaded 10 day wait screen. Have to call today.

Last edited by rampartmovie; Apr 28, 2014 at 10:37 am
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:18 pm

I think Ink Bold first makes the most sense. It's supposedly the easier card to qualify for and, as you said, it's logical to apply for an Ink Plus afterward and claim you wanted the flexibility to revolve a balance if need be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.