Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by nall
Can you book travel for the extra point on a UR card, but charge to a different (non-UR) card?
I haven't booked anything in a couple months, but they used to preload the card through which you entered the UR booking portal onto the form and gray it out so you could not change it.

If you use the mall instead and a merchant there my experience has been that I can use any card. I've used Amex special offers and gotten UR points on the same purchase.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by highops
I haven't booked anything in a couple months, but they used to preload the card through which you entered the UR booking portal onto the form and gray it out so you could not change it.

If you use the mall instead and a merchant there my experience has been that I can use any card. I've used Amex special offers and gotten UR points on the same purchase.
Sadly, it appears Expedia and Hotels.com are now both missing from the UR Mall.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:53 am
RJ1

Originally Posted by nall
Sadly, it appears Expedia and Hotels.com are now both missing from the UR Mall.
Grrr. I just used Hotels.com the other day.

edit: sent an email to Chase. They say hotels.com is still a member, but I still don't see it!

Last edited by RJ1; Feb 19, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:49 pm

UR - booking travel inconsistencies

guys

it's been said before that chase doesn't try to add any extra margins to a flight and allows you to book at the same prices that google flights for example would provide you. Right now, they have a 25% bonus promo going on too

Yesterday, flights like AM405 JFK-MEX and return on AM408 in May were priced at 32k miles but suddenly it's upto 48k miles. No AM flight is coming up for the 32k award though Delta still is. I don't see any difference in the prices on google flights or AM's site

Any idea about this discrepancy?

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:53 pm

guys

it's been said before that chase doesn't try to add any extra margins to a flight and allows you to book at the same prices that google flights for example would provide you. Right now, they have a 25% bonus promo going on too

Yesterday, flights like AM405 JFK-MEX and return on AM408 in May were priced at 32k miles but suddenly it's upto 48k miles. No AM flight is coming up for the 32k award though Delta still is. I don't see any difference in the prices on google flights or AM's site

Any idea about this discrepancy?

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RJ1
Grrr. I just used Hotels.com the other day.

edit: sent an email to Chase. They say hotels.com is still a member, but I still don't see it!
Hotels.com still seems to be missing from the UR Mall. I'm really upset by this, I just earned Gold Status through Hotels.com and the ability to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards alongside Hotels.com WelcomeRewards was a big reason Hotels.com got my 30 nights of paid business in the past year instead of someone else.

I'm thinking of also contacting Chase, but also Hotels.com and telling them that their availability as a partner on the Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall is a BIG factor in my business and loyalty.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:35 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by aoumd
Hotels.com still seems to be missing from the UR Mall. I'm really upset by this, I just earned Gold Status through Hotels.com and the ability to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards alongside Hotels.com WelcomeRewards was a big reason Hotels.com got my 30 nights of paid business in the past year instead of someone else.

I'm thinking of also contacting Chase, but also Hotels.com and telling them that their availability as a partner on the Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall is a BIG factor in my business and loyalty.
I posted in a separate thread... they are definitely gone, as is Expedia.

Someone mentioned they may be trying to drive business to their own travel booking portal, but I see no advantage in using it, unless they were to offer additional point(s), in additional to the +1 travel point you'd get regardless.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by RJ1
Someone mentioned they may be trying to drive business to their own travel booking portal, but I see no advantage in using it, unless they were to offer additional point(s), in additional to the +1 travel point you'd get regardless.
I have a hard time believing it, considering they've decided to kill their own portal.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aoumd

Using the UR portal for hotels.com was never a good idea anyway. You can get 7% CB + 2UR points by using a CB site.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RJ1
I posted in a separate thread... they are definitely gone, as is Expedia.

So the "Explore & Earn on Travel" portion of the Chase website does not give you any extra points for booking travel (compared to what you would get booking anywhere else)?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:00 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by superflush
So the "Explore & Earn on Travel" portion of the Chase website does not give you any extra points for booking travel (compared to what you would get booking anywhere else)?
Sorry, I may have misspoken. According to the site, you can earn 3 points for booking travel through Chase. Looks like it is good through the end of 2015.

I could have sworn it used to be only 2 points.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by RJ1
Sorry, I may have misspoken. According to the site, you can earn 3 points for booking travel through Chase. Looks like it is good through the end of 2015.

I could have sworn it used to be only 2 points.
Yes, for now booking through Chase earns 3 points but that is also going to go away by the end of this year. Then, I guess, all travel category will be down to 2 points for a $.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AK321
Yes, for now booking through Chase earns 3 points but that is also going to go away by the end of this year. Then, I guess, all travel category will be down to 2 points for a $.
I see that now. It says it in one of the titles of the page. I suppose they break it out seperately from the regular travel points.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:32 am

I just booked a flight on Frontier Airlines using Chase UR Travel. The ticket price was actually cheaper than Orbitz and on Frontier Airlines website. I have to wait to see if I would get 3pt/$ on my CSP or not.

BTW, does anyone know how to check in on Frontier Airlines website? The 6 digital code from the UR travel confirmation didn't seem to work on Frontier site.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:01 am

Newbie Points Question

New to the points/miles hobbyhere. Recently got a Chase Sapphire Preferred and have about 70,000 points thus far. I've read that booking travel with points through Ultimate Rewards is generally less preferable than transferring points to a partner and booking through them, as you can frequently get better value.

I was looking for a flight on US Air, which translated to about 21,000 UR points on the UR portal. Booking through US Airways' site for the same flight resulted in a 50,000 point cost. So the question here is, what's the strategy for maximizing point redemptions for travel? Either I'm not going about this the right way, or UR points are significantly more valuable in this instance.

Any tips anyone has would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.