Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flights, rooms & cars using Chase U.R. [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Removed my post. Got my answer somewhere else.

Last edited by Churnman; Nov 26, 2014 at 12:50 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:19 pm

How long do people usually have to wait to get their points via Expedia? My expedia flights for some flights taken a couple weeks ago are still pending, and I haven't seen anything post to the UR mall yet.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:15 pm
RJ1

Originally Posted by nall
How long do people usually have to wait to get their points via Expedia? My expedia flights for some flights taken a couple weeks ago are still pending, and I haven't seen anything post to the UR mall yet.
I switched from the United Club Visa to CSP earlier this year, and was eager to take advantage of the point offers in the UR Mall. My experiences so far have been disappointing.

While it is easy to earn the automatic bonus points for travel and dining, I have had nothing but trouble when making purchases through the Mall. Shortly after receiving my card, I booked 6 hotel reservations for a Europe trip on hotels.com via the UR Mall. The bonus points did not appear after the first billing cycle, so I submitted an email inquiry. They said it could take up to 2 cycles. After the 2nd cycle with no bonus, I wrote again, and this time they said 2 of the 6 had not been accessed through the Mall (they were) and that I needed to send in receipts. I scanned and emailed all the receipts, and this time they tell me NONE of the reservations had been accessed through the Mall! However, they said that since they "valued" my account, they awarded me the bonus points. Sheesh.

I'm now waiting on bonus points for a BestBuy purchase. Hopefully it will go better.

Last edited by RJ1; Dec 20, 2014 at 3:22 pm
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:19 pm

Does anyone know what would happen if I reserve a hotel room with UR points through the UR portal and my chase cards get cancelled by Chase at some point before the hotel stay?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Booked a Ritz Carlton through the UR mall. The rate was much cheaper than anywhere else I could find. I had recently applied for the Ritz Carlton 140k offer. Will I be able to use the upgrade certificate on the reservation, and will I receive the $100 credit for paid two night stay?
I booked via a CSP card. (Dont have the ritz card in hand yet)
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:52 pm

Hotel dropped from UR site?

A few weeks ago I went to book nights at Siri Sathorn hotel in Bangkok, but realized my dates weren't exact....so I didn't. The hotel showed up on UR. Last night I went to book and now the hotel is gone.

I called UR and was told maybe the dates I'm looking for we're sold out, but the hotel shows up on other websites. We tried dates all over the year just to test it, but the hotel is no where on UR booking list. It also doesn't show up if I want to use UR to pay for a hotel. The lady I spoke with said it's very rare that a hotel comes out of the system, but offered no explanation why the hotel didn't show up anymore.

So any likelihood the hotel will come back up on the UR site?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Last March I booked Marriott hotel (for conference in May) through Chase UR mall (2%). Interestingly, Marriott.com disappeared from Chase UR mall around May. I didn't get the bonus points until 6 months. During that waiting period, I didn't bother to request the bonus points because I paid with Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card (not Chase UR serial card such as freedom, CSP). If I requested, some CSR may say you are illegible to get bonus points.
Anyway, just wait and you may get the bonus points.

Originally Posted by RJ1
I switched from the United Club Visa to CSP earlier this year, and was eager to take advantage of the point offers in the UR Mall. My experiences so far have been disappointing.

While it is easy to earn the automatic bonus points for travel and dining, I have had nothing but trouble when making purchases through the Mall. Shortly after receiving my card, I booked 6 hotel reservations for a Europe trip on hotels.com via the UR Mall. The bonus points did not appear after the first billing cycle, so I submitted an email inquiry. They said it could take up to 2 cycles. After the 2nd cycle with no bonus, I wrote again, and this time they said 2 of the 6 had not been accessed through the Mall (they were) and that I needed to send in receipts. I scanned and emailed all the receipts, and this time they tell me NONE of the reservations had been accessed through the Mall! However, they said that since they "valued" my account, they awarded me the bonus points. Sheesh.

I'm now waiting on bonus points for a BestBuy purchase. Hopefully it will go better.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Grawburg
A few weeks ago I went to book nights at Siri Sathorn hotel in Bangkok, but realized my dates weren't exact....so I didn't. The hotel showed up on UR. Last night I went to book and now the hotel is gone.

I called UR and was told maybe the dates I'm looking for we're sold out, but the hotel shows up on other websites. We tried dates all over the year just to test it, but the hotel is no where on UR booking list. It also doesn't show up if I want to use UR to pay for a hotel. The lady I spoke with said it's very rare that a hotel comes out of the system, but offered no explanation why the hotel didn't show up anymore.

So any likelihood the hotel will come back up on the UR site?
The exact same thing has happened to me on Friday. I was looking at a number of locations in the Eastern Mediterranean for spring/summer bookings. In some cities, the number of available hotel options fell from roughly 60 to 5. In other cases, all of the hotel options have completely disappeared, and available inventory was zero.

I don't know if this is just a temporary glitch, or a fundamental devaluation of Chase's Ultimate Rewards product offerings.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jaymar01
The exact same thing has happened to me on Friday. I was looking at a number of locations in the Eastern Mediterranean for spring/summer bookings. In some cities, the number of available hotel options fell from roughly 60 to 5. In other cases, all of the hotel options have completely disappeared, and available inventory was zero.

I don't know if this is just a temporary glitch, or a fundamental devaluation of Chase's Ultimate Rewards product offerings.
Don't know if anybody outside of Grawburg and I care about this....but I finally got somebody at Chase Travel, who didn't give me the typical "corporate" response about inventory always changing. They told me that they've been having some serious website problems over the past few days, and that might account for the limited inventory.

Hopefully, this will pass in a few days.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:03 pm

Don't know if anybody outside of Grawburg and I care about this....but I finally got somebody at Chase Travel, who didn't give me the typical "corporate" response about inventory always changing. They told me that they've been having some serious website problems over the past few days, and that might account for the limited inventory.

Hopefully, this will pass in a few days.
It looks like the "lost" hotel inventory is back.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
....but I finally got somebody at Chase Travel,
What's Chase Travel's phone number?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by livelyfl
what's chase travel's phone number?
(866) 951-6592
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:20 am

UR Inventory Back

Yep, the inventory is back. Amazing the different answers you get from one operator to the next.

Oddly, the price seems higher per room than what I remember. It looks more sensible to transfer the points to cash as agoda.com is still cheaper even losing 25% value by converting to cash. Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:40 pm

Can you book travel for the extra point on a UR card, but charge to a different (non-UR) card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.