Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
If I get the Sapphire Card then later apply for or upgrade to the Sapphire preferred will I get signup bonus for both? Or should I just get the preferred card to start with.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
If I get the Sapphire Card then later apply for or upgrade to the Sapphire preferred will I get signup bonus for both? Or should I just get the preferred card to start with.
No.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by keirnna
No.
Get the preferred card.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:59 am

Bump the bonus?

Has anyone heard any rumblings about Chase offering more than the 50K sign on bonus? I haven't applied yet, not sure if I should wait. Not to be greedy b/c 50K is great....
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:05 pm

Unfortunately, none of the Chase Sapphire airline partners are airlines I use.

If I could get Delta miles, that would be great. Air France would even better. I understand that because of the Star Alliance, I could use BA miles on Delta, but i often book economy plus tickets (voyageur premium) on Air France and that isn't an easy thing to do through the Delta site. Most of my FF miles are with Delta and it has worked out well due to the places I go...

So I guess my options are to use my points for hotels or something else... Not a problem but it would be nice to use it on airlines too.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by brandkb

If I could get Delta miles, that would be great. Air France would even better. I understand that because of the Star Alliance, I could use BA miles on Delta, but i often book economy plus tickets (voyageur premium) on Air France and that isn't an easy thing to do through the Delta site. Most of my FF miles are with Delta and it has worked out well due to the places I go...

So I guess my options are to use my points for hotels or something else... Not a problem but it would be nice to use it on airlines too.
You can always use the book with points option for any airline you please and you'll get credit for the flights on you Air France or Delta accounts
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by brandkb

BA points for Delta flights? I think you're confused. You can transfer to KE and book Delta flights with your Korean Air miles...
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
BA points for Delta flights? I think you're confused. You can transfer to KE and book Delta flights with your Korean Air miles...
No, you can use your Ultimate Rewards points like they are $$ to book flights on any airline. You choose Book A Trip and just pay with points. It's just like using any other booking engine but you can pay with points rather than $$
Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by joediver
No, you can use your Ultimate Rewards points like they are $$ to book flights on any airline. You choose Book A Trip and just pay with points. It's just like using any other booking engine but you can pay with points rather than $$
Yes I know that. The poster said,

I could use BA miles on Delta
Which I don't follow.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:36 pm

Ah, you are correct. I knew it was something like that... Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by joediver
Ok, now i get it. My Chase Sapphire Preferred just came in the mail but I haven't logged into UR yet. It sounds like I'm going to be using it a lot.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 3:33 am

You can transfer to KE and book Delta flights with your Korean Air miles...
i don't think this can be done, at least for flights on delta metal within the US.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
i don't think this can be done, at least for flights on delta metal within the US.
I just assumed it could because it's an alliance and all, but I rarely do any domestic US award booking and haven't booked anything with KE yet and probably won't.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
Per KE's rather confusingly organized website, KE miles cannot be redeemed for travel on the following Delta flights: DL6712~7299, 7330~7754, 7815~9784.

For full details, see https://www.koreanair.com/local/na/g...sp_rm_pa02.jsp

Further discussion should probably be taken up in the KE forum.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Per KE's rather confusingly organized website, KE miles cannot be redeemed for travel on the following Delta flights: DL6712~7299, 7330~7754, 7815~9784.

For full details, see https://www.koreanair.com/local/na/g...sp_rm_pa02.jsp

Further discussion should probably be taken up in the KE forum.
Beltway, I never cease to be amazed by you. So basically KE are damn near worthless. I guess if Delat SkyMiles are Skypesos then these must be Skysums or Skydollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.