Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Originally Posted by amrom
How long does it take to transfer to CO and may it be in anybodys CO account name?
Transfer is instant. And you can transfer to anyone's account.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by scuzzynutty
Hi, I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but got a message saying the application is pending approval and they will notify me in 10 days. I called customer service and asked if that's normal or if people get instant approval. she said it's normal and no one gets instant approval. I don't believe that. Did any of you get instant approval upon submitting your application?
I was approved instantly yesterday afternoon. I was surprised, since my US address has changed within the last two months, but I do have stellar credit.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:58 pm

Got the Sapphire Preferred card about a month ago. Will I be automatically getting the 2x points in various categories? Or is this for people who applied after a certain date/upgraded their card.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by teege
Got the Sapphire Preferred card about a month ago. Will I be automatically getting the 2x points in various categories? Or is this for people who applied after a certain date/upgraded their card.
I'm wondering the same.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
The agent I spoke to said that all cards were eligible, regardless of when you were approved.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel bookings

Do the hotel bookings only refer to those make directly on Hotel chain's website?

In other words rooms booked through Expedia, Travelocity, etc 3rd party's sites do not earn the additional point?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Happy
Do the hotel bookings only refer to those make directly on Hotel chain's website?

In other words rooms booked through Expedia, Travelocity, etc 3rd party's sites do not earn the additional point?
Travel agencies are included in the rather extensive list of categories that earn double points (mentioned/linked earlier in this thread) so they would quality. Even better, if you link to Travelocity from the Ultimate Rewards mall, you will earn an additional 2 points per dollar for a total of 4 points per dollar.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Travel agencies are included in the rather extensive list of categories that earn double points (mentioned/linked earlier in this thread) so they would quality. Even better, if you link to Travelocity from the Ultimate Rewards mall, you will earn an additional 2 points per dollar for a total of 4 points per dollar.
Thanks for clarify it. I do not see a clickable link on the first post or subsequent posts. Will go to Sapphire / UR site to read it up so to make sure exactly what are listed being included.

I need to use Expedia due to some coupons sitting there. But good to know the additional incentives going thru UR to book with Travelocity.

Here is a crude math to think out loud:

Going thru rebate sites you get about 3% cash rebate on the room price booked on Travelocity. So a $100 room rate earns $4.00. You still earn 2 UR pts using the Sapphire card. So this is 200+ UR pts (the taxes also earned UR pts) + $4.00.

Going through UR you earn a total of 4 UR pts per $1, so an additional 200+ UR pts which at cash value is slightly more than $2.00. Though it should worth more when transferred to airlines or hotels (namely Hyatt).

Bottom line, if Chase is serious in driving traffic thru UR shopping platform it needs to keep these added benefits including not to devalue the transfer ratio to partners.

Since Expedia does not enjoy the additional 2 UR pts, when I need to use Expedia I would continue to use the rebate sites to book.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for clarify it. I do not see a clickable link on the first post or subsequent posts.
Check out post #6 in this thread, where I link to a PDF of the benefits guide, which lists specifically what qualifies for the double points. Be sure, though, to check out both the page in the benefits guide that mentions the categories, along with the "fine print" at the end of the guide.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
No instant approval for me either, and I got great credit. I thought I was going to be denied, but I got an approval several days later.
Same here for me.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
Check out post #6 in this thread, where I link to a PDF of the benefits guide, which lists specifically what qualifies for the double points. Be sure, though, to check out both the page in the benefits guide that mentions the categories, along with the "fine print" at the end of the guide.
I got an error message on your link:

"This site is damaged and cannot be repaired."
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:57 pm

I am really getting pushed away from my AMex Gold to this card. The membership fee is way cheaper than AMex. You can get double points on airlines and hotels as stated, and the points transfer rate is really good. You get 25% more transfer rate. I also like the option of getting 1% cash back if I have no where to use my points. Continental Air is my main airline. I just hope we can transfer to United once the one pass is dissolved.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I got an error message on your link:
The link works for me using Chrome on Windows XP:

http://cache.u47.net/11703/sapphire2...fits_Guide.pdf
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by trikotret
You can get double points on airlines and hotels as stated, and the points transfer rate is really good. You get 25% more transfer rate.
The transfer rate is 1:1, exactly the same as from Membership Rewards. Chase does not offer a 25% transfer bonus, they offer $0.0125 per point if you use the points to purchase airfare. If you spend $30,000 per year on Premier Rewards Gold American Express awards 15,000 bonus points. Chase would award less than 4,000 bonus points for the same spend.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Using Ultimate Rewards site for booking travel

Does anyone know if we can control the booking code when buying airfare from the UR web site? This is useful when trying to book the lowest booking code eligible for upgrades on certain airlines (for example W on UA).

If this is not possible on the web site, can we still earn 3x points if we book through the agent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.