Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by keirnna
...basically KE are damn near worthless.
Why? The clause quoted by beltway lists a small number of Delta flights which are excluded. (High numbered flights are typically codeshares operated by other carriers, but I have not verified the list of flights that KE is excluding.) In any event brandkb wants to redeem for travel on AF, not DL.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In any event brandkb wants to redeem for travel on AF, not DL.
... in which case the ineligible flights are AF 3600-3899, 4000-4999, 6300-7299, 8000-9999.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Had to get a replacement card after the magstrip wore down on my current one.

First time I've ever had to destroy an old card using metal shears.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Why? The clause quoted by beltway lists a small number of Delta flights which are excluded. (High numbered flights are typically codeshares operated by other carriers, but I have not verified the list of flights that KE is excluding.) In any event brandkb wants to redeem for travel on AF, not DL.
Between their ineligible flights and blackout dates there's not much else left.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
... in which case the ineligible flights are AF 3600-3899, 4000-4999, 6300-7299, 8000-9999.
These are codeshare flights. For example, AF3635 is DL22, ATL-CDG. Excluding this AF flight simply means you would have to redeem for the DL flight number. Same physical aircraft.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Newbie question on the Ultimate Rewards Mall - When using this card to make bookings at a hotel through the Ultimate Rewards Mall, can I use my loyalty program to earn points as well?

I've learned - the hard way - that most hotels don't allow you to earn points when bookings are made through third parties, hence the question. TIA!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by santhosh.kharvi
Newbie question on the Ultimate Rewards Mall - When using this card to make bookings at a hotel through the Ultimate Rewards Mall, can I use my loyalty program to earn points as well?

I've learned - the hard way - that most hotels don't allow you to earn points when bookings are made through third parties, hence the question. TIA!
Unless you are using points there is no reason to do this. Either book through the hotel's site directly or through the UR mall, many hotels like PC and BW can be found offering extra points for booking through the mall, and you get your regular rewards to vice booking through the UR travel site and only get 3 lousy points instead of something like 5 from Best Western and at one point it was 12 through Priority Club. Hotels.com offers 4 extra and Hotwire offers 2.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
Unless you are using points there is no reason to do this. Either book through the hotel's site directly or through the UR mall, many hotels like PC and BW can be found offering extra points for booking through the mall, and you get your regular rewards to vice booking through the UR travel site and only get 3 lousy points instead of something like 5 from Best Western and at one point it was 12 through Priority Club. Hotels.com offers 4 extra and Hotwire offers 2.
Thanks, I get it now, there is no point in using the tool for hotel bookings. I mistakenly thought that the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Tool gives you an additional bonus point/$ on hotel reservations as well, like it does on airline points. Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In any event brandkb wants to redeem for travel on AF, not DL.
I'd take Delta or Air France, as I make trips on both, but most of my miles are with DL. I've redeemed DL miles for AF flights, but I enjoy my Premium Voyageur seats and it gets tricky there when I want to book a reward flight.

Finally logged into UR and I get how the travel booking works now. Much more flexible the the Visa FlexPerks that I just got rid of. No EMV card for me = no reason to keep the card.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by nangress
Has anyone heard any rumblings about Chase offering more than the 50K sign on bonus? I haven't applied yet, not sure if I should wait. Not to be greedy b/c 50K is great....
They were offering 100K back in June 2011, so maybe they'll do it again? Wishful thinking on my part...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:18 pm

Just wanted to point out to everyone that the Southwest transfer option now appears to be active. Not sure if anyone else noted this (or any other changes that may have come along with it).
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:09 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by brandkb
They were offering 100K back in June 2011, so maybe they'll do it again? Wishful thinking on my part...
I got the 100K, but it was really just a test marketing thing with very limited, targeted distribution. Might have been a response to the Cap1 Venture 100K offer.

In any event, Chase, very kindly, granted the additional 50K to those who contacted it about the 100K bonus--but only for a few days. Apparently, too many people were trying to climb aboard.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for another 100K opportunity. Grab the 50K while you can.

Then, look at the Chase INK Bold which offers another 50K bonus. @:-)
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I got the 100K, but it was really just a test marketing thing with very limited, targeted distribution.
I got it too and didn't take advantage of it My loss. I was hesitant since I haven't had great experiences with Chase in the past. Just got my Sapphire Preferred and took advantage of the 50K instead.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Just wanted to point out to everyone that the Southwest transfer option now appears to be active. Not sure if anyone else noted this (or any other changes that may have come along with it).
I did see that and was surprised. Let's hope more airlines jump on the UR bandwagon.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Two of our Sephora orders placed in October had points missing. Contacted Chase via secure message in November and was told that points will be posted in the next statement, which never happened.

Today contacted them again and the rep apologized and posted points immediately to the account as "adjustment". I have to say after using so many online shopping earning portals, i have the greatest faith in Chase UR. For one, they have fewer transactions going missing and secondly whenever one got missing one or two messages settles it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.