Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with CX website today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by mayodave
Instead of .....ing on here try doing some searching on the cx site there is a load of help you can get https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...s-support.html
Originally Posted by mayodave
So your happy complaining about something not working and dont want advice on how to contact CX to fix it, let me see if I can also find a site for people who like to bang their head against brick walls and close doors on their fingers.
Terrifically helpful advice as always, and that link would have been especially useful the several times this week when trying to visit the homepage was met by a large, apologetic error notice saying that the entire site was not working.

The point is that this turns out not to have been an isolated problem affecting one poster that tech support would have been able to help. A lot of us had trouble. So what exactly was tech support supposed to do for us? CX just needs to fire whoever is currently responsible for the website and start over. It's the only e-commerce site I use (and I use a lot of them) that suffers technical faults of this severity with this frequency.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:05 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Redemption site down https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...m-flights.html - there is a stated downtime but that's for Monday 1am-3am?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:06 am

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Yep. Having the same problem trying to check flight status and timetables for both CX and KA sites.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
had issues trying to book 2 tickets yesterday (6/13) but was able to book them one at a time
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82

The point is that this turns out not to have been an isolated problem affecting one poster that tech support would have been able to help. A lot of us had trouble. So what exactly was tech support supposed to do for us? CX just needs to fire whoever is currently responsible for the website and start over. It's the only e-commerce site I use (and I use a lot of them) that suffers technical faults of this severity with this frequency.

They fired their whole IT department some time ago (18 Months?) as "cost cutting" and now have monkeys trying to run it.

Penny wise , pound foolish to the 100th degree.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Been down for me all day too. It was completely down this morning when trying to book a flight. Just tried again and I can get about 2 steps in, before it all disappears.

Can't be good for business. If not up by Monday, I will do it over the phone.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: QF
Down at the moment.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:22 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82

They fired their whole IT department some time ago (18 Months?) as "cost cutting" and now have monkeys trying to run it.

Penny wise , pound foolish to the 100th degree.
They might have the same attitude to their MPO program (Enhance) and AM too (cannibalising award availability for Enhance seats)
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

They might have the same attitude to their MPO program (Enhance) and AM too (cannibalising award availability for Enhance seats)

The big issue is the SWIRE management changes position every couple of years. Each incoming CEO/COO ect.. only wants to do as little as possible (CUT) on the expediter side so as to make the number look better, and its almost impossible to get them to spend money, even on improvements they need.

They'd rather stick their head in the sand and ignore the problem till they move on the Managing Swire Bottling or Real Estate.

IT was expensive, so.. no IT

They are currently running a update to their Res system thats supposed to take 6 months to do all the ports. I expect this will be take longer and make things miserable for most of their clients. The update itself was designed 4-5 years ago.. so already woefully out of date.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eddydb
Been down for me all day too. It was completely down this morning when trying to book a flight. Just tried again and I can get about 2 steps in, before it all disappears.

Can't be good for business. If not up by Monday, I will do it over the phone.
Book another airline?

Then send the CEO a email showing him the ticket and explain why.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
Book another airline?

Then send the CEO a email showing him the ticket and explain why.
And that is exactly what I did I have a colleague flying Singapore Air, so I booked the same flight. I am not getting any Asia Air miles, but I wasn't going to make Gold this year anyway.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold; AE; AA Platinum; Club Carlson Gold; SPG Gold; HHonorsGold, Accor Platinum
Also been down for me for several days........
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
which server(s) are they using? there's a major internet server attack hosted by pro-chinese apologists in hk these days. perhaps thats why.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
The site has been up for me all day. Google on the other hand never seems to work anymore.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:19 pm

Alphaod: redemption engine webpage has been moody for me this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.