Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status match

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
Have a couple of 2 night stays at a Radisson to take advantage of the current promo. Sent in a request along with a photo of my Marriott Plat Premier card yesterday evening.

Got an email response today that it was matched to CC Gold till Feb 28, 2014. Disappointed that they didnt match to Concierge given that both Marriott Plat and CC Concierge require 75 nights annually.

Also, not quite sure why I got only till 2014 and not 2015. Was it because my Plat card had an expiry date of 2014?
That's weird. I just status matched today (via Starwood Plat) and got Gold Elite til Feb 2015.

I agree with the other poster - I'd email and ask til Feb 2015.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
So you mean I should have waited till July 1st to apply? I guess I could have but I saw reports here that stated that they were being matched to Feb 2015. I'll try emailing again and ask for a full year. Will report back on what I hear.
I applied Sunday June 16 and got til Feb 2015. Not sure when you applied, but if it was June, I'd email and ask. If you applied early in the year, then just do another status match next year. They will likely do back to back matches.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I applied Sunday June 16 and got til Feb 2015. Not sure when you applied, but if it was June, I'd email and ask. If you applied early in the year, then just do another status match next year. They will likely do back to back matches.
FYI - I applied yesterday and was given till Feb 2014. Anyway, I took all your advice and emailed back and they apologized for the mistake and extended it till Feb 2015.

All's well in Carlsonland
Old May 5, 2014, 12:10 pm

This seems to be the most comprehensive thread on status matching with CC, but it hasn't been updated in a while. So I thought I'd provide my recent experience.

I sent an email to [email protected] with a screen shot of my HH Gold status and received an email back from [email protected] later the same evening with the following:
"Thank you for providing the documentation for a status match! We have upgraded your Club Carlson account to Gold status effective immediately and expiring on February 28, 2016 (unless otherwise re-obtained). Please review the list of elite benefits below."

Also, I noticed that the Radisson/Club Carlson page on StatusMatcher gets updated with others' experiences fairly frequently.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Originally Posted by ahself
... expiring on February 28, 2016 (unless otherwise re-obtained) ...
Bravo. And thank you. ^
Old May 6, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Matched HHonors to Marriot Rewards

Originally Posted by Jimster
Has anyone ever tried a status match- I am gold with most other programs-Hilton, Starwood, and Marriott.?
Hi, yes i matched my HHonors Diamond to Marriot Rewards and Club Carlson Gold using StatusMatch App.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stat...855985981?mt=8
Scan your card, select your matching Partner and the app does the rest.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ahself
This seems to be the most comprehensive thread on status matching with CC, but it hasn't been updated in a while. So I thought I'd provide my recent experience.

I sent an email to [email protected] with a screen shot of my HH Gold status and received an email back from [email protected] later the same evening with the following:
"Thank you for providing the documentation for a status match! We have upgraded your Club Carlson account to Gold status effective immediately and expiring on February 28, 2016 (unless otherwise re-obtained). Please review the list of elite benefits below."

Also, I noticed that the Radisson/Club Carlson page on StatusMatcher gets updated with others' experiences fairly frequently.

Sorry to drag this back up.. but will I get another status match if I've previously been matched .. about 2 years ago?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Worked for me when I asked a few months ago...
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
UPDATE

I sent off my screen shot of my Lifetime Gold status with Starwood for a status match, also letting them know that I will have Platinum status soon. Then realised that some people were only getting matched to Silver so I sent off another request with screenshots of HHonors Gold.

CC replied to my first email and awarded me Silver valid till Feb 2016. However I wrote back to them to say that I am already a Silver member so giving me Silver is useless. I sent off a new email with screenshots of HHonors Gold and IHG Platinum and I hope that someone actually will read the email first before replying what looks like a form-letter.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:00 pm
alc

Data Point to all.

I got match to Gold with my IHG Plat Ambassador status. Took 3 days from the time I sent the email to the time I got the respond with account updated.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:44 pm

Do they offer any fasttrack to concierge?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mjoellnir
Do they offer any fasttrack to concierge?
No.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
FWIW they also match airline status - SAS (SK) Gold is matched to CC Gold, and was confirmed as such in writing by CC last year. Truth be told, SK was the only airline on the list of programs they match. SK Gold is not too hard to achieve and they have from time to time very easy challenges (this year - 2 return in C Houston-Stavanger, last year - 2 returns in eco extra within Europe)
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
FWIW they also match airline status - SAS (SK) Gold is matched to CC Gold, and was confirmed as such in writing by CC last year. Truth be told, SK was the only airline on the list of programs they match. SK Gold is not too hard to achieve and they have from time to time very easy challenges (this year - 2 return in C Houston-Stavanger, last year - 2 returns in eco extra within Europe)
Shame SAS won't match from CC Gold.. that'd work nicely in my favour
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:40 am

Additional upgrades after status match?

Has anyone had any experience with additional upgrades after a status match? If you get a Club Carlson credit card or stay at CC properties a lot will you continue to build to the next status?

For example, if you get a status match to silver, and then you get a CC Visa will it upgrade you to gold or concierge? The credit card terms state "Already reached Silver, Gold or Concierge Elite Status? You will receive 10 qualifying nights toward obtaining or maintaining Gold or Concierge Elite status after you activate and use your new card."

Thanks and sorry if this was already discussed... I couldn't find it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.