Low Cost Carrier reference sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Low Cost Carrier reference sites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by DangerMouse
I like http://www.flylc.com for searching LCC carriers between specific city pairings. Simply input your Departure and Arrival cities; the website lists available LCCs that service the route. Additionally, one can work backward by selecting the preferred LCC (if applicable) and seeing what routes are offered.
FlyLc only shows direct routes. For a greater selection use a site which calculates routes by joining different LCCs together. the new Skyscanner site works very well if you untick the 'Direct only' box. Using this you can look up any European city to any other European city. It also includes legacy airlines
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Well done!^ It's a very comprehensive and useful LCC list.

For domestic flights within Sweden, you may also add:
www.gotlandsflyg.se (Flights to Visby, on the island of Gotland)
www.blekingeflyg.se (to Ronneby)
www.sundsvallsflyg.se (to Sundsvall)
www.kalmarflyg.se (to Kalmar)
www.goldenair.se (to Trollhättan)

I admit that all these cities are probably unknown to non-Swedes, but some tourists (especially those visiting Gotland) or business travellers might be interested by the flights.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 11:14 am

Smile Thanks for the links

Hi Guy's

As a frequent flyer I've found your resources invaluable thank you so much for all the links.

Nat
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
There are some more Mexican LCC's since more or less recently.

Vivaaerobus
www.vivaaerobus.com.mx

Alma de México
www.alma.com.mx

AeroCalifornia
www.aerocalifornia.com.mx
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:00 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
For Mexico, Aviacsa.com is worth checking too, expecially for last minute tickets. They have significant discounts for tickets purchased on a Tuesday (can FLY any day).
Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:22 am

Here is an old Indonesian Airline which has recently adopted the LCC model.

http://www.mandalaair.com/

They are also in the top safety band for domestic airlines. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Also Batavia Air are pretty much an LCC and have recently started selling tickets online.

http://www.batavia-air.co.id

Last edited by camsean; Apr 6, 2008 at 12:51 am Reason: Add info.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: TG TN DJ
Booking Agent for LCC

www.bestflights.com.au has a dedicated LCC search engine "from anywhere to everywhere" they claim to be able to bookflights through more than 70 LCC's occasionally have found fares cheaper on there than through the LCC directly. Good option for Aussies planning travel around the world.^
Old Sep 7, 2008, 2:11 am
Suspended

Recommended in today's London Times

www.cheap-flights-finder.com/ a new site that bills itself as a search engine of search engines – or meta-meta search, as they say in the business.

The site searches Kelkoo, Kayak, Dohop, Sykscanner and Mobissimo, and claims that these give it access to over 500 travel websites that sell flights. It’s not the most flexible search – you must enter dates and choose a city pair, but it’s a good place to start your flight search nevertheless.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 5:27 am

I just tried the cheap-flights-finder.com and it nearly crashed my browser. Good idea in principle, but a bit of a train crash of a website. Pages within pages and I couldn't find my way around.

I've found skyscanner and wegolo to be the best.
Skyscanner - I like the calendar option, but would prefer to be able to exclude certain airlines from my search.
Wegolo - Much more comprehensive and accurate than skyscanner and you can see who you'll be flying with.

I sometimes use skyscanner to see when availability is high and prices are low, but then wegolo for the real fare search around those dates.

Hope that helps.

Bert
^

Last edited by camembert; Oct 16, 2008 at 4:23 am
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:54 am
Suspended

Wegolo is fine, but it adds a fee to the booking. I always prefer to book directly at the airline website where you don't pay anything extra. Also Ryanair is not a big fan of Wegolo and they try to fight these kind of websites...

I usually use http://www.flylowcostairlines.org to find out the routes of various airlines. Good is also http://www.myairdeals.com that monitors air ticket sales.

Originally Posted by camembert
I've found skyscanner and wegolo to be the best.
Skyscanner - I like the calendar option, but would prefer to be able to exclude certain airlines from my search.
Wegolo - Much more comprehensive and accurate than skyscanner and you can see who you'll be flying with.

I sometimes use skyscanner to see when availability is high and prices are low, but then wegolo for the real fare search around those dates.

Hope that helps.

Bert
^
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:12 am
Suspended

hmm

thank you for the collection of web sites. I really appreciate it. I planned to travel other part of asia. thank you again
Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 1P, Starwood Gold
I recently discovered Farebucket.com . They have a ton of Air and Hotel deals directly from the source....Starwood, United, etc.

www.farebucket.com
Old Dec 15, 2008, 8:06 am

Anyone can share their experience with Tiger Airways? They're seem so cheap that its almost close to being free but at what cost?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, LH SEN
Aegean Air

For flights to Athens and other cities in Greece I recommend checking Aegean Airlines http://www.aegeanair.com. They run seasonal promotions at 10 -14 Euros one way to many Greek islands.

Their "saver" rates sell out fast.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA S
Another Mideast LCC-Bahrain Air
http://www.bahrainair.net/
I flew DOH-BAH-ALY-BAH-DOH with them in December, and it was decent enough. Small airline with a few new A319s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.