Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA [2009 archive]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Since last Saturday, I have shopped a couple of times, including a few bottles of not bad champagne that did not register the 800 bonus points, which prompted the usual minor debate at Customer Services........

I have just checked my balance on the tesco website and the balance has not changed. Has anyone else noticed this?

I shall be keeping all of my receipts just in case!
Exactly the same here. Don't worry though, funny things often happen at quarter end when the points are reset for the Clubcard statements to be sent out. It's all sort itself out shortly.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Which day did the quarterly period run up to anyway? i.e. did it include the Sunday 26th Jul or just up to the 25th Jul.

Was in Tesco earler and hardly any points offers on. Saw the 100 CC points on Brazil nuts, the Baked crisps are still on, found some pasta sauce with 25 points yet still nothing on any of the pasta or pretty much anything in their Finest range.
They've also changed the shelf labels from those yellow stickers to bigger carboard tags where points are on offer.

Did get 9 green CC points for my one bag though off the cashier.....better than the 2 I got last time
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I think it's quite normal. My hasn't changed from 31,786 since Saturday. I hope this quarter is just as good!
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:27 am

31,786? I thought my 1588+ was quite impressive!
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by xenole
31,786? I thought my 1588+ was quite impressive!

I can do you a great deal on Cava, tea bags, Vina Sol or bacon
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Heck I'm at £319.00 worth of Clubcard points due to the Unilever promotion,Cava,H&B pointers and bacon and spread for my non vegetarian fiends
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:34 pm

I've just started my second bottle of Targus Creek and it's a bit bitter....the Vina Sol was better.
Nearly finished the spread I bought - tastes a bit strange on its own but fine on toast.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
You know very well that someone's likely to come along and say 'Mine's bigger than yours.'

BTW, mine's bigger than yours.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Never found one bigger than mine Clubcard balance of course
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
How do people get balances so high?

My Clubcard balance is only 1837 points so far... vouchers due in Nov...

So how do people increase it?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Mine is over 50,000, but only because I credited back a huge slug from 2 years ago that were about to expire.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by CocoPops
How do people get balances so high?

My Clubcard balance is only 1837 points so far... vouchers due in Nov...

So how do people increase it?
Given that you can (or at least could) get 800 points on a bottle of champagne this month, amongst a 100 or so other bonus point promos, its not been hard (for once).
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
Given that you can (or at least could) get 800 points on a bottle of champagne this month, amongst a 100 or so other bonus point promos, its not been hard (for once).
Where can we find a list of such deals?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA silver
http://www.tesco.com/superstore/fram...fers_ideas.htm
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
No need to panic, I managed over 5.5k this quarter just from regular shopping, fuel and recycling cans (bit tedious but worth over 100 points per visit).

I didn't stock up on wine or other items more than I needed during the course of my weekly shop. It's really possible if you keep an eye out for the points promotions and keep chipping away. You don't have to go mad with it, I think they'll still be around next quarter. It is possible to build a healthy points balance without bankrupting yourself in the meantime

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.