Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: orbitmic
BAEC text is now confirming that after the forthcoming changes, TP and Avios for flights marketed as "domestic first" on two class aircrafts (ie everything except transcontinental flagship on all JFK-LAX vv, all JFK-SFO vv, and the MIA-LAX flights operated by a 77W) will accrue on a business class basis, ie 40TPs or 140TPs on flights over 2000mi and corresponding avios.

Seems it has been confirmed! Details in this post #254

(This is a thread that is really crying out for a wiki. Edit to your heart's content!)

Print Wikipost

Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Works or me.
Just tried again and doesn't work for me on IE, firefox or chrome. The frustrations of the internet!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:50 am

Not working for me either on the above and I'll add edge to the non-working list too.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I've just checked our AA PHL-PHX in March, which was booked through BA on 125- stock in August.

BA.com "MMB" and "Earning Avios" shows us booked in Domestic First (A) and earning 210 TPs each.

Whether that changes subsequently is, of course, the question.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by T8191
I've just checked our AA PHL-PHX in March, which was booked through BA on 125- stock in August.

BA.com "MMB" and "Earning Avios" shows us booked in Domestic First (A) and earning 210 TPs each.

Whether that changes subsequently is, of course, the question.
I suggest that you take a few screenshots
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
I suggest that you take a few screenshots
Funny you should say that

It's actually non-critical, since even at the reduced rate we will still renew Gold (...without a HNL holiday )
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
Just tried again and doesn't work for me on IE, firefox or chrome. The frustrations of the internet!
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Not working for me either on the above and I'll add edge to the non-working list too.
Jus tried again on my iPad.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:35 am

Hmmmm.... if I right click on the non-working link and choose to open the link in a new tab, I get a text version of the page, rather than the usual graphical layout.

Tried it in FF and edge, same results in both.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hmmmm.... if I right click on the non-working link and choose to open the link in a new tab, I get a text version of the page, rather than the usual graphical layout.

Just left click.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mac/Safari ... left-clicky not worky. Right-clicky and "New Tab" gives same result as windowontheAside

>> Like This

... which agrees with the BA calculator, except in respect of "C" ...
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you turn off javascript?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by T8191
Funny you should say that

It's actually non-critical, since even at the reduced rate we will still renew Gold (...without a HNL holiday )
I guess your main decision now will be whether you drop the A330 seat for the 787 one from DUB for the benefit of the A-321 lie flat JFK-LAX

Assuming that is HNL still holds the same attraction in future
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
I guess your main decision now will be whether you drop the A330 seat for the 787 one from DUB for the benefit of the A-321 lie flat JFK-LAX

Assuming that is HNL still holds the same attraction in future
hahaha ... I'll be grateful to get a decent ex-DUB price, and worry about the aircraft later!

Anyway, we've done HNL [twice] and now looking for OGG next Summer. Everything is around £2k, so I'm having to be patient!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Thanks for the info JonNYC - way ahead of the official announcement as usual!

Luckily for me...I'm flying MIA-JFK in F on the 11th January!

I can live with 40TPs opposed to 60TPs, but it will be interesting to see whether the BA website is updated for the change.

I'll wait until AA send out their 'Changes' email, and will then call up to see if they can do anything for me - unlikely, and I'm not sure what I'd be expecting, but they do tend to be quite amenable on the times I've called up.
My pleasure, and, now quite curious to see how they handle the whole thing myself.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:50 am
Suspended

Here's the internal memo on this, so that folks can draw their own conclusions, etc.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Here's the internal memo on this, so that folks can draw their own conclusions, etc.
Thanks again! It really is good of you to keep us posted with the information as it comes.

One way or another, BA will have to do something: at a minimum, either add "or domestic first class" under "business class" in the class descriptors of the partners table, or add "or F, P, A on two class domestic routes" in the bucket column as doing nothing would simply create a mismatch between the two.

My sense is that for technical reasons, it is extremely unlikely that J, C, I, R "domestic first" will continue earning at first class levels. Frankly, BA's IT systems are so poor that it is unlikely that they will differentiate between a LAX-MIA 2-class J or 3-class J. For the same reason, I'd personally expect that it is unlikely that redemptions will remain untouched though. In both cases, however, I am merely guessing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.