Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2016 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by silonic
I know he's been mentioned here before but Casey Neistat on the BA440 to AMS yesterday. (I know some of you will certainly be Googling him again - A YouTuber with 3+ million subscribers).
Did you actually get to see him? (I was going to post this after seeing the vid )
Old May 26, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
David Moyes in CCR now - Dame Helen Mirren was in earlier.
Old May 26, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I know he's been mentioned here before but Casey Neistat on the BA440 to AMS yesterday. (I know some of you will certainly be Googling him again - A YouTuber with 3+ million subscribers).
Originally Posted by JonV
Heading to TNW, where he's a headline speaker for some unfathomable reason.
Seems pretty fathomable to me.
Old May 26, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lukedxb
Did you actually get to see him? (I was going to post this after seeing the vid )
Yes, I was on the flight too and he boarded 2 people in front of my family. We ended up chatting about kids, when waiting for our luggage in Amsterdam, as my son was running around and he asked how old he was and said that his daughter Francine was a couple of months younger. In fact he captured my son on today's YouTube video but i had to pause his time-lapse to see him (he's in the yellow t-shirt).

Personally I'd say he seemed a nice guy.
Attached Images  
Old May 26, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Physci
David Moyes in CCR now...
Seems like he still has the dosh from United sacking him...
Old May 26, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Dame Helen Mirren

Dame Helen Mirren in F with us, LHR - JFK.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes, I was on the flight too and he boarded 2 people in front of my family. We ended up chatting about kids, when waiting for our luggage in Amsterdam, as my son was running around and he asked how old he was and said that his daughter Francine was a couple of months younger. In fact he captured my son on today's YouTube video but i had to pause his time-lapse to see him (he's in the yellow t-shirt).

Personally I'd say he seemed a nice guy.
That is cool, thank you ^
Old May 27, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Foltan
Ah, the usual FT disdain for Neistat (though you may not necessarily mean it in that way).

I implore the hateful among you to actually watch a few of his videos and then you'd realise he seems a genuinely nice chap. Don't judge someone purely because they wear sunglasses in their videos...
I actually quite like his Youtube channel. He also managed to raise $2m for his tech startup which is no mean feat.

According to his Vlog he was complaining about

1) Miss-connect not being handled properly. Initially he would have to wait 24hours for LHR to AMS. After complaining they found him a seat on a flight departing within 3 hours. He is AA Concierge Key.

2) Dirty run down showers in Galleries

3) Disgusting hot food slops in Galleries - although he mistakenly thought this was just British food rather than BA`s interpretation. (he said the lounge generally was Ok)

Last edited by the_real_a; May 27, 2016 at 7:23 am
Old May 27, 2016, 7:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by smala01
I actually quite like his Youtube channel. He also managed to raise $2m for his tech startup which is no mean feat.

According to his Vlog he was complaining about

1) Miss-connect not being handled properly. Initially he would have to wait 24hours for LHR to AMS. After complaining they found him a seat on a flight departing within 3 hours. He is AA Concierge Key.

2) Dirty run down showers in Galleries

3) Disgusting hot food slops in Galleries - although he mistakenly thought this was just British food rather than BA`s interpretation. (although he said the lounge generally was Ok)
I think AA took away his Concierge Key status.

M
Old May 27, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I think AA took away his Concierge Key status.

M
I think he now uses JetBlue where he can domestically (There's a vlog of him saying how much he likes it and opening freebies from them) so not surprising!
Old May 27, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Andrew Neil in GF in T5 this afternoon.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA GCH
Adam Clayton (U2, bass player). LHR to Geneva; missed flight & (presumably) had to sit down the back. Self posted on instagram.

Surprised by this; I got off a flight from Montreal last summer with the guitarist in the same band who received the full black limo VIP treatment from the plane.
Attached Images  
Old May 28, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by brightstar100
Dame Helen Mirren in F with us, LHR - JFK.
Finally, someone I don't need to resort to the Google for.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by JonV
Heading to TNW, where he's a headline speaker for some unfathomable reason.
TNW isn't really a very technical conference, but more of a "welebrity" event for aspiring startups to network. So it actually seems like a fitting event for him (and I mean this genuinely rather than in some condescending manner). One of the TNW organisers had thought about having me speak a few years ago, but they ultimately decided my talks were more technical that the target for their event, which I ultimately agree with after seeing more of their events. They run good events and have a good variety of speakers each year.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Michael McIntyre and family on the BA2037 to Orlando. I thought with someone as successful as him he could make it out of economy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.