Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:59 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I usually get it when it a few days before the flight when the booking ref changes within the BA system but not in mmb. If you look at the booking ref it should be in red and the new in green
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Going to hijack this thread for a quick question - Does anyone know of a good web based or Android based alternative?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Well, I "forced" an update just to see... removed my husbands frequent flyer number, updated, and then put it back in MMB and it was alerted when synced in the app.

So, it is apparantly working. Will leave it at that.

Unfortunately I have no clue of an android equivalent
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:15 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by FlyingGames
Going to hijack this thread for a quick question - Does anyone know of a good web based or Android based alternative?
Use the app's own site? myflightsapp.com
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
I'm forever getting spurious change notifications with MyFlights. Normally the addition of "null/null" to a hotel booking reference or similar. Bizarrely on Sunday it didn't pick up a delay to a scheduled flight from TUN to CDG that TripIt Pro happily warned me about.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deckard
I'm forever getting spurious change notifications with MyFlights. Normally the addition of "null/null" to a hotel booking reference or similar. Bizarrely on Sunday it didn't pick up a delay to a scheduled flight from TUN to CDG that TripIt Pro happily warned me about.
Myflights does not warn about delays - it says so quite explicitly on the website.

I have never used it for hotel bookings - I didn't even know you could. I can't say I have ever had spurious bchange notifications from myflights - I have have been using it for I think nearly two years and have all my bookings in there. When I get a change notification & email it has been because something has actually changed.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
One thing I have noticed is that involuntary seat changes (e.g. CE curtain moving back) are not always picked up by the App. Quite often the BA App's front page also shows the original choice, but when you go through to the seat selection part it updates to the current assignments. Has anybody else noticed this?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENTP
One thing I have noticed is that involuntary seat changes (e.g. CE curtain moving back) are not always picked up by the App. Quite often the BA App's front page also shows the original choice, but when you go through to the seat selection part it updates to the current assignments. Has anybody else noticed this?
I think this is because the seat change has been done once the booking goes under airport control (less than 24 hrs?), and I guess seat changes are not back synced to Amadeus which is where Myflights gets its information from.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think this is because the seat change has been done once the booking goes under airport control (less than 24 hrs?), and I guess seat changes are not back synced to Amadeus which is where Myflights gets its information from.
Nope, even when it happens a few hours after moving forward at T-3d.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
My bad/assumption on flight delays.

I don't purposely use it for hotel bookings, it just pulls it out of TripIt Pro automatically. As an example of what I consider to be spurious notification. An upcoming trip has highlighted in red on car hire "(null) - (B) Ford Focus" and on a hotel booking "Code: (null) - (null)".

If I were to guess I'd suspect that the original booking had blanks where information was missing and that a subsequent SQL retrieval brought back <null> which when compared to blank is different so triggers a change notification. Simple mod if so.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Evening all - just spotted this so thought I'd chime in.

@JehanMary - if you send me an email from within the app (on the Settings tab there's a "Send us an Email" link) - that will give me some debug information that I can use to check the logs and see exactly what changed in the booking.

Regarding an Android/Web version, all users of the iPhone/iPad version have access to a web version at myaccount.myflightsapp.com, so if you've already got an account, you can log in there with your email and password. What I haven't had a chance to do yet is a registration page to let people without iOS devices sign up. I'll hopefully get round to it at some points though...

As for things like nulls etc. showing - this is a tricky one - that's to do with the data that's actually stored in the reservation systems. Often something on the reservation side will change it from one to another, and my App servers can see that there's been a change and so highlight it, but I don't want to have to check each and every field to see whether it's a blank, a null, a <null> etc...

Any questions though, feel free to give me a shout.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by schofs
Regarding an Android/Web version, all users of the iPhone/iPad version have access to a web version at myaccount.myflightsapp.com, so if you've already got an account, you can log in there with your email and password. What I haven't had a chance to do yet is a registration page to let people without iOS devices sign up. I'll hopefully get round to it at some points though...
By way of an update, I've now added the registration pages to allow people to sign up for free without using an iPhone/iPad. You'll receive all notifications over email.

To sign up, go to https://myaccount.myflightsapp.com and click on Sign Up For Free under the login button.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:31 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Can I bring up a quirk in this thread?

I have a booking with Aeroméxico MEX GDL, PVR MEX in March this year.

Works fine on my iPhone but on the website I was just wondering where it had gone, added it again and there it was but was not showing in my list of upcoming flights. Scrolled down and it is showing in my list of past flights from 1 Jan 1970

I didn't realise myflightsapp was an FTer. Thanks for your great app
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Can I bring up a quirk in this thread?

I have a booking with Aeroméxico MEX GDL, PVR MEX in March this year.

Works fine on my iPhone but on the website I was just wondering where it had gone, added it again and there it was but was not showing in my list of upcoming flights. Scrolled down and it is showing in my list of past flights from 1 Jan 1970

I didn't realise myflightsapp was an FTer. Thanks for your great app
Hi - someone actually pointed this out earlier - working on a fix tomorrow
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:57 pm

How does this compare with TripCase? TripCase has saved my life on a few occasions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.