Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about "My Flights" app [service ends on 31 Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by percysmith
Hi Chris

Using airport codes in lieu of full names my app.

On upgrade, the setting is deleted, and when I reinstated the setting, it will be reset again the next time I terminate the app/reboot my iPhone.

Any fix? iOS 10.3.3. Thanks in advance!
Same here.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Himeno
Why do these useful sites like checkmytrip or virtuallythere keep dumping the useful site and go to app based while forcing everyone to create accounts.
I don't have the MyFlights app, and I do everything via the website. It's useful enough for me.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:45 am
Company Representative: MyFlights App

Programs: MyFlights GOLD :)
Hi Chris

Using airport codes in lieu of full names my app.

On upgrade, the setting is deleted, and when I reinstated the setting, it will be reset again the next time I terminate the app/reboot my iPhone.

Any fix? iOS 10.3.3. Thanks in advance!
Ah now there's actually a very good reason for this. It's because I'm an idiot! I've submitted a fix to Apple - fingers crossed within 24 hours normal service will be resumed
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:55 am

If only it didn't mean I have to create yet another account on something I'll likely only use for 4 weeks/year and then forget about.

Why do these useful sites like checkmytrip or virtuallythere keep dumping the useful site and go to app based while forcing everyone to create accounts.
Hi @Himeno,

I understand that having another password to remember can be a pain. That said, it's pretty much the only way of having your data available to whatever device you used, and automatically synced across them.

I did use iCloud for a while, but that had 2 limitations... 1) it's iOS only, so you wouldn't be able to access bookings on the web, and 2) it was very slow

There's a reset password facility on MyFlights, so if you do forget your details, you can reset them quickly anytime. Also, the app and site will keep you signed in until you sign out (or until you delete the app and re-install)

Also just to mention - I've got no plans of dumping the web version of MyFlights - I find it very useful personally when I'm on the phone for example and have my laptop in front of me to have quick access to my bookings.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:34 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Name bug fixed, many thanks!
schofs likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:18 pm

Name bug fixed, many thanks!
I was just about to post to say the fix was now live 😊
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't have the MyFlights app, and I do everything via the website. It's useful enough for me.
Same thing here.
Sure, I would like to access MyFlights when I'm travelling and I have just the android phone, but the alert e-mails help anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
If only it didn't mean I have to create yet another account on something I'll likely only use for 4 weeks/year and then forget about.

I don't understand what you're complaining about or how you propose solving the issue of needing to login - there has to be some way of securely storing user data. Your Web browser will remember the login if you want. The portion of Chris' message that you quoted is talking about accounts he has created here on Flyertalk for support, so again don't seem relevant.
schofs and hsmall like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I believe I've got the most updated version of the app downloaded, but each time I choose time zone in a manually added booking and type into the search box, it crashes the app. It's find if I choose say "America" from the right hand options and scroll to a city, but not if I type in myself.

Thanks

Last edited by silonic; Nov 1, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by silonic
I'm trying to manually add a flight and LAS Las Vegas doesn't exist as an airport option to me - keeps defaulting to an airport in Guatemala (Rio Dulce)

Also worth noting, I believe I've got the most updated version of the app downloaded, but each time I choose time zone in a manually added booking and type into the search box, it crashes the app. It's find if I choose say "America" from the right hand options and scroll to a city, but not if I type in myself. (Las Vegas isn't a timezone city either but that might be by design).

Thanks
Hi @silonic - thanks for the note about the crashing when searching for the timezone - I've fixed this and have submitted it to Apple. The timezones listed is the full set of ISO standard ones, so Las probably isn't one of them (Vegas uses timezone America/Los_Angeles)

For the airport list, LAS is actually in there, but it's listed under McCarran (so if you type in LAS you'll see it under M). I've made an update on the version I've submitted to Apple to have the ordering by Airport Code rather than Airport Name to make it clearer - you'll see that in a couple of days.

Cheers,
Chris
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

The function 'Add' in boarding passes and 'My Status' in my profile result in the App to crash.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by florens
The function 'Add' in boarding passes and 'My Status' in my profile result in the App to crash.
Hi @florens - this happens if you've said that MyFlights isn't allowed to use the camera. If you go to Home Screen -> Settings -> MyFlights and turn the camera privacy to enabled, it should be fine.

I've submitted a fix for this to apple which tells the user in a much nicer way than a crash
Calchas likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MyFlights App
Hi @florens - this happens if you've said that MyFlights isn't allowed to use the camera. If you go to Home Screen -> Settings -> MyFlights and turn the camera privacy to enabled, it should be fine.

I've submitted a fix for this to apple which tells the user in a much nicer way than a crash
Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for the quick help.
MyFlights App likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Quick question: Are the user stats (especially the rank) based on past bookings or on past+upcoming bookings?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:21 am

[QUOTEAlways happy to answer questions - I've been living MyFlights for 8-9 years now![/QUOTE]

Hi

Is there any prospect of an Android version coming along ?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.