Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer Avios (Iberia Plus) to Avios (BA)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
When I go to combine my Avios, I just get an Executive Club home page window nested inside another one.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
I have tried to combine Iberia points into my BAEC account but there no longer seems to be any way to do this.

On the BA pages, no option exists. On Iberia account pages the "combine" buttons produces a blank page.

Has anyone recently succeeded in doing this? I have Emailed BAEC and, if/when I get a response, I'll post it here.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by johnash
I have tried to combine Iberia points into my BAEC account but there no longer seems to be any way to do this.

On the BA pages, no option exists. On Iberia account pages the "combine" buttons produces a blank page.

Has anyone recently succeeded in doing this? I have Emailed BAEC and, if/when I get a response, I'll post it here.
1. Go to the BA home page, select Executive Club.
2. Select "Manage My Account"
3. Select "Combine My Avios"
4. Enter your Iberia Plus account number and password.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Thank you. I could not see that option for looking. Just one point. My IBERIA "PIN" was alpha and the BA site would not let me log in with that. So I went to my IBERIA account at iberia.es and changed my PIN to a numeric code. I could then log in on the BA website and combine my Iberia points into my BA account.

Thank you again for the help.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Well that's 8400 more Avios than I had before salvaged from orphan status in IB Plus
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
When I try to move Iberia Avios to BA Avios on BA site by combining Avios it says it does not recognise my Iberia log in yet I can log onto Iberia ok via the Iberia website. Getting a big sick of this Avios...the BA Exec Club says please contact us as they dont recognise IB login...how do I contact them and why cant the IB password and number not be recognised by BA exec club...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by nivsy
When I try to move Iberia Avios to BA Avios on BA site by combining Avios it says it does not recognise my Iberia log in yet I can log onto Iberia ok via the Iberia website. Getting a big sick of this Avios...the BA Exec Club says please contact us as they dont recognise IB login...how do I contact them and why cant the IB password and number not be recognised by BA exec club...
Could it be the problem mentioned in post #19?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:04 pm

Yes, make sure your Iberia PIN is numeric only.

Thank you. I could not see that option for looking. Just one point. My IBERIA "PIN" was alpha and the BA site would not let me log in with that. So I went to my IBERIA account at iberia.es and changed my PIN to a numeric code. I could then log in on the BA website and combine my Iberia points into my BA account.
Yep. So I managed to move my own Iberia points to my BA account, but I have failed miserably trying to move my partner's. I keep getting error, "???error.awaySchemeLogin.accountInactive??? For reference purposes, here is the transaction id: CMA-1100043050.260283"

I sent this on to BAEC customer service but they have come back and said they cannot help via Email could I call my local BAEC? To be honest, can't be bothered for the 900 points involved unless someone has any idea about this error?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Thanks guys will give that a try...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:59 pm
formerly frankdjs

Programs: BA EC Gold
I had the same error

Yes, make sure your Iberia PIN is numeric only.

Yep. So I managed to move my own Iberia points to my BA account, but I have failed miserably trying to move my partner's. I keep getting error, "???error.awaySchemeLogin.accountInactive??? For reference purposes, here is the transaction id: CMA-1100043050.260283"

I sent this on to BAEC customer service but they have come back and said they cannot help via Email could I call my local BAEC? To be honest, can't be bothered for the 900 points involved unless someone has any idea about this error?
Hi, I had the same error when trying to transfer from 2 different IB accounts to BAEC. The problem is with IB, which has your account set to either being new, or in active for the last year. To correct this, you can email Iberia in English at [email protected] explaining what you want to do and that you have used your account in the last year etc and is has been open for more than 3 months.

They will then fix something which went wrong in transferring the balance to avios. This worked for the me in both cases.

Good luck!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:51 pm

Thanks Frank, I'll Email Iberia as suggested.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: Carlson Club Concierge, BAEC Gold, LH M&M *S, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
When I do this it only appears to allow me to transfer Avios from BA to Iberia, not the other way. I have a BA household account but don't want to split it if not absolutely necessary as I will then have to wait 6 months before re-establishing it, also some earlier posts seem to suggest this does not work anyway. Any other ideas how I can make the transfer?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yamyam flyer
When I do this it only appears to allow me to transfer Avios from BA to Iberia, not the other way. I have a BA household account but don't want to split it if not absolutely necessary as I will then have to wait 6 months before re-establishing it, also some earlier posts seem to suggest this does not work anyway. Any other ideas how I can make the transfer?
How old is your IB account?

It should work with a BA household account.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:17 am

IB acount is about 4 months old - I waited until it was over 3 months before making the transfer based on an earlier attempt to transfer the Avios.

Update: have contacted customer help at BAEC, they also couldn't make the transfer from Iberia to BAEC and weren't able to offer much help other than say try speaking to Iberia, so am now going down that route.

Not exactly feeling a great deal of satisfaction with this combine my Avios process at the moment
Old Dec 21, 2011, 5:18 am

I have now contacted Iberiaplus first by email and then by phone. They are categoric that since my BAEC account is a household account Avios can only be transferred from BAEC to Iberiaplus !

I can see no logic for treating household accounts differently in this respect and I really don't want to have to break up the household account for 6 months before I can re-establish it just to effect the combination of my Avios. Is there any BA insider that can advise on any way round this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.