Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 19, 12, 11:12 am   #136

Programs: BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelious View Post
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this solution won't work because my Diamond Club email is fake. If my Diamond Club email is fake, then I can't receive emails from Diamond Club. My email is fake. Consequently, I can't receive emails.
Did you not foresee this as a risk when signing up for a service with a fake email address?
cristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 12, 5:45 pm   #137

Programs: BA GGL (only 20k short of Lifetime Gold), TK Elite (*G), HHonors Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelious View Post
Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this solution won't work because my Diamond Club email is fake. If my Diamond Club email is fake, then I can't receive emails from Diamond Club. My email is fake. Consequently, I can't receive emails.
Did you not foresee this as a risk when signing up for a service with a fake email address?
Fake real address I understand, but fake email???
lorcancoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 12, 5:44 am   #138

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), AFKL E+, QF LTG, A3*G, BD-G, PC Amb/Plat, SW-G, Hertz 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer View Post
================================================== ========

Christmas quiz : Spot the Difference.
FYI - I did get the double miles this month for the BA and even got a call from MBNA marketing.

Now just trying to work out whether this promotion is still active or whether I just need to revert back to using the BA Amex.
Traveloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 12, 6:34 am   #139

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, BD*S, BA Gold, KL, LH
My news and offers page has been showing blank for at least the last week.

Although if in doubt use the BA Amex.

I noticed recently (when I checked) that the cover for delayed luggage is better with the BA Amex than it is with my considerably more expensive Amex Platinum. I think the cover for the BA Amex requires you to pay on the card, whereas the Platinum one just requires you to buy your tickets with an Amex card.
layz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 12, 5:03 am   #140

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Quote:
Originally Posted by layz View Post
I think the cover for the BA Amex requires you to pay on the card, whereas the Platinum one just requires you to buy your tickets with an Amex card.
I believe it has to be an Amex-issued Amex, so not an MBNA card.
teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 13, 2:25 pm   #141
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveloguy View Post
FYI - I did get the double miles this month for the BA and even got a call from MBNA marketing.

Now just trying to work out whether this promotion is still active or whether I just need to revert back to using the BA Amex.
I did not receive the advertised 2x miles for BA bookings using my DC MC in November/December. These were mostly award flights, though one was a [rather pricey] WT+ revenue flight.
chalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 13, 2:33 am   #142

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), AFKL E+, QF LTG, A3*G, BD-G, PC Amb/Plat, SW-G, Hertz 5*
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalf View Post
I did not receive the advertised 2x miles for BA bookings using my DC MC in November/December. These were mostly award flights, though one was a [rather pricey] WT+ revenue flight.
You will need to call MBNA to get them.
Traveloguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 13, 10:18 am   #143
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Starwood Preferred Guest

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Quote:
Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed that the wording on the website login page has changed from "User Name" to "Email address".

So logging in by your DC number is definitely off the menu now.
Well what do you know ?

The screen prompt has changed again, to "E-mail Address \ Membership Number:" and you can now log in with your DC account number.
Oxon Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 13, 12:08 pm   #144
soy

Programs: A3*G, BA Silver, UA Plat, EI Gold, SPG Plat, Mrr Plat, HH gold, Assorted debris
Quote:
Well what do you know ?

The screen prompt has changed again, to "E-mail Address \ Membership Number:" and you can now log in with your DC account number.
That change happened sometime in Dec, as it was changed when I went in for the last time on Dec 26th
soy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 13, 12:16 pm   #145

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveloguy View Post
I called MBNA today to ask about this - the girl I spoke to didn't know, and after going away to check, couldn't find anything about it either.
(So I just booked with my Amex Gold to guarantee 2 MR points per 1 rather than a vague 1.5 or 3 destination miles per 1)
teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 2:04 am   #146

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald); A3 *G; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Did we figure out the underlying purpose and hence lifetime of dc.org? Is it somehow aligned with the tail end partner tie-ups? And is MBNA the only one of those? So when that runs out the site will probably finally wind down?
EsherFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 3:38 am   #147
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
Did we figure out the underlying purpose and hence lifetime of dc.org? Is it somehow aligned with the tail end partner tie-ups? And is MBNA the only one of those? So when that runs out the site will probably finally wind down?
Yes, I think that this is correct. When the mbna deal is at an end, I suspect that there will be a final deadline for remaining members to transfer their DC miles to baec, after which DC will be closed for good, the lights turned off and the website decommissioned.
NickB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 4:01 am   #148

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, Hertz #1 Gold, a-club Plat, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Heavenly Season Pass
Has anybody confirmed when the double miles Nov/Dec offer actually started as I made some bookings on BA.com in November and I want to see whether I should chase the miles or not?
Tiger_lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 5:00 am   #149
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Starwood Preferred Guest

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
Has anybody confirmed when the double miles Nov/Dec offer actually started as I made some bookings on BA.com in November and I want to see whether I should chase the miles or not?
The MBNA agent I spoke to told me that they (MBNA) weren't aware of the double BA miles promo and so had to go away and find out what was going on. On his return, he advised that the offer had indeed gone up on dc.org on 27 Oct, so they would arrange a special credit of double miles for my spend on ba.com after that date. My request for double miles for spend on ba.com earlier in October (based on the fact there was no "from" date on the promo) was politely batted away.

We noted that by Dec 11 the offer had been removed from dc.org, so I would reckon you are due double miles for spend between 27 Oct and 11 Dec. You'll have to call, though, to get them.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 11, 13 at 5:05 am.
Oxon Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 13, 5:25 am   #150

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, Hertz #1 Gold, a-club Plat, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Heavenly Season Pass
Quote:
The MBNA agent I spoke to told me that they (MBNA) weren't aware of the double BA miles promo and so had to go away and find out what was going on. On his return, he advised that the offer had indeed gone up on dc.org on 27 Oct, so they would arrange a special credit of double miles for my spend on ba.com after that date. My request for double miles for spend on ba.com earlier in October (based on the fact there was no "from" date on the promo) was politely batted away.

We noted that by Dec 11 the offer had been removed from dc.org, so I would reckon you are due double miles for spend between 27 Oct and 11 Dec. You'll have to call, though, to get them.
Thanks - on the phone now

EDIT: Bah - the agent knew nothing as expected and now the Marketing team are being involved and I'll get a call back.

Last edited by Tiger_lily; Jan 11, 13 at 5:41 am.
Tiger_lily is offline   Reply With Quote