Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC panic (over) - forced migration to M&M for Netherlands, Israel and Ukraine

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Ok, I can't see this at all through any of the sites

Oh well. Time to shove the miles elsewhere then. It's been due for some time
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I don't think we're going to get the choice
But the quoted text say "Thank you for registering for the status match and miles transfer offer" which implies there is a choice.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would seriously suggest making a pile of random redemptions to places you intend to visit rather than accepting the transfer (assuming it is 1:1). You will still be able to move the dates around later, possibly for a number of years, and if you do end up cancelling them you might get the higher M&M redemption level back!

Programs: BMI Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Surely if there is an option to stay in diamond club they will remove any reason to do so such as cash and miles...........what a load of sh*te.

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Could be a choice between transferring to M&M or forfeiting your balance when DC is closed

Originally Posted by Raffles
But the quoted text say "Thank you for registering for the status match and miles transfer offer" which implies there is a choice.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
But if they're going to give us a choice, the window of choice will have to be very short to allow a blanket cutoff date of May 16, no ? Or am I just being unduly pessimistic ?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scozer99
Surely if there is an option to stay in diamond club they will remove any reason to do so such as cash and miles...........what a load of sh*te.
But in a logical world they would have done that first!

The massive Wyndham promo - and signing them up as a partner in the first place - makes me think DC will continue for now.

If the transfer is enforced, I would recommend creating a family account and merging as many of your family into it as possible. Otherwise they will be left with a pile of worthless M&M miles - you need 30k just to get a London-Frankfurt Economy return!

I'm pondering what sort of uplift would persuade me to shift my 500k DC miles. Perhaps for a 50% uplift I would do it. (Actually, in that scenario I would transfer my miles to my wife and put them onto her M&M account so I could keep my DC account and the DC Mastercard and continue to earn.)

Last edited by Raffles; Apr 14, 2010 at 9:47 am
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Strangely, noone noticed this on M&M forum.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: BMI Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold

The massive Wyndham promo - and signing them up as a partner in the first place - makes me think DC will continue for now.
Simple truth is that if everyone declines to move over no matter how they may benefit short term then it will make Lufthansa think twice b4 closing DC in the future.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
What has a logical world got to do with bmi-land ?

Raffles, you are clearly not only an FT evangelist but also have a surfeit of faith
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
At least if DC is going down, it is being true to its own spirit as it does. No official communication, just the news leaking out via some half-assed update to the website. Could it have been any other way?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
So, some hypothetical speculation - will my potentially matched status in M&M allow me access to BD lounges/priority checkin/etc/etc as an FTL (*S)? And if so, I presume they will have to allow all FTLs (not just the ex-DC matched ones) the same benefits?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by raikje
So, some hypothetical speculation - will my potentially matched status in M&M allow me access to BD lounges/priority checkin/etc/etc as an FTL (*S)? And if so, I presume they will have to allow all FTLs (not just the ex-DC matched ones) the same benefits?
Interesting point. It would be ironic if Silvers who transferred were refused access to BMI lounge in the future!

The timing of this is all weird. Yesterday we had the CEO talking (voluntarily) about the possibility of North America again, new routes into the Middle East and hopes to grow the business in 2 years when the leased slots come back. And now this ....
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
If they merge it, it is interesting to see until when can you book at current miles value. I'll have 100.000 miles by the end of the month and Silver status, and i was actually looking forward to a reward ticket later this year, on some destinations where BMI is so much cheaper (in miles) than Skyteam or M&M.

Ah well, c'est la vie!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Burn baby, burn !

Time to book some F awards. If you cancel later once M&M is in place you can probably expect a credit at a much better ratio than 1:1 ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.