Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:19 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
By the way, just ran another quote using Sixt USA. I looked at their rates, and they KILL anything that anyone else has. A Mazda 6 for $365 while I am there beats the others completely!
Old Dec 8, 2007, 10:45 am

Avis Coupons

I use C066983 AWD. It's from some golf association and it offers a good rate.

Double Upgrade
Coupon Number UUWA062
Expiration date: 12/31/07
http://redirect.avis.com/corp_accounts/UUWA062.html

$50 Off Monthly rental + 1 upgrade
Coupon Number MUWA096
http://redirect.avis.com/corp_accounts/MUWA096.html

Save $30 on Weekly Rental ON ALL CLASS
Coupon Number MUWA086
Expiration date: 12/15/07
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...g&IID=30weekly

$20 Off Weekly Rental
Coupon Number MUCA010
Expiration date: 12/31/2007
http://redirect.avis.com/corp_accounts/20off_cp.html

MUWA032 - $20 off weekly on Regular Car
MUWA033 - $30 off weekly on Premium/Luxury/SUV/Van

Third Weekend Day Free
Coupon Number TUBA002
http://redirect.avis.com/corp_accoun...eekend_cp.html
Coupon Number TUSA012
Expiration date: 12/31/2008
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/html/bri...rdweekend.html

Save $10-$20 off a weekend rental
Coupon # MUMA011 for a 2-day rental
Coupon # MUMA012 for a 3-day rental
Coupon # MUMA013 for a 4-day rental
http://redirect.avis.com/corp_accounts/1020off_cpn.html

Free Upgrade on Weekend Rental
Coupon Number UUWA055
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...Weekendupgrade

1 Class Upgrade at Off-Airport Locations for weekly or weekend rental
Coupon Number UUWA057
http://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/JSP/US/e...airportupgrade

$30 off a weekly rental on SUV or Premium
Coupon: MUGH200
Coupon valid on a Premium (Group G) or a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV
Groups W, L, Z). Dollars off applies to the daily time and mileage
charges only for the entire rental with a minimum of five days that
includes a Saturday night stay over. Taxes, concession recovery fees,
customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA), optional items and other
surcharges may apply and are extra. Coupon must be surrendered at time
of rental; one per rental. May not be used in conjunction with any other
coupon, promotion or offer, except your AARP discount. An advance
reservation is required. Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in
the contiguous United States and Canada. Offer subject to vehicle
availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some
rates at some times. Offer may not be available during holiday and other
blackout periods. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit
requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. Renter must
present proof of membership at the time of rental. Rental must begin by
6/30/2008.

$25 off a weekly rental
Coupon: MUGH199
Coupon valid on an Intermediate (Group C) through a Full Size 4-door
(Group E) car. Dollars off applies to the daily time and mileage charges
only for the entire rental with a minimum of five days that includes a
Saturday night stay over. Taxes, concession recovery fee, customer
facility charges ($10/contract in CA), optional items and other
surcharges may apply and are extra. Coupon must be surrendered at time
of rental; one per rental. May not be used in conjunction with any other
coupon, promotion or offer, except your AARP discount. An advance
reservation is required. Coupon valid at participating Avis locations in
the contiguous United States and Canada. Offer subject to vehicle
availability at the time of rental, and may not be available on some
rates at some times. Offer may not be available during holiday and other
blackout periods. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit
requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. Renter must
present proof of membership at the time of rental. Rental must begin by
6/30/2008.

Last edited by Acrossenger; Dec 8, 2007 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 9, 2007, 4:02 am

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
I would just like to clarify regarding the AVIS AWD code G298100, after further research, it appears that it does not offer LDW, but it does waive the underage fee (upto 18) it also has some pretty good contract rates: Especially EWR and JFk ($54/$62) No ID needed. Also the coupons in the above post work for this code as well.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
That's interesting becuase I'm showing "Unlimited" on my reservation; just booked it using that code for Cologne in Germany next may.

Thanks much to the op! Dropped my total down to under $300 for 6 days with an A3.

x-CF
Just posting my experience from Florida, which seems to match that of BearX220. Maybe it's different in Germany, but you might also want to double check.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by hotlguy
It might be rocking for you but it does not work for me as Avis site says invalid AWD. They are usually one letter and six digits.
Keep rollin'
I see one letter (T) and six digits (111949) there..don't you?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The code is working for me, it just gives much higher prices than the normal rate.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Is there a good code for local rentals on the East Coast? I'm thinking New Haven train station (HV1)...

All of the codes listed in the previous five pages raise the price. I'd love a 4wd since I'm planning on going to Vermont, but I'll have to settle for a compact if I can't get a good code.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Is there a good code for local rentals on the East Coast? I'm thinking New Haven train station (HV1)...

All of the codes listed in the previous five pages raise the price. I'd love a 4wd since I'm planning on going to Vermont, but I'll have to settle for a compact if I can't get a good code.
Try L093590. Suv's are generally pretty expensive, but if you book a full size, you can almost always get upgraded if available. I'm finding that since the increase in gas prices, fewer people are willing to take the gas guzzlers and the rental companies are much more generous in offering them.

Also, none of the codes should be increasing the rate. MAke sure you do not mark "check my corporate rate", leave it on "check lowest rate", and enter the AWD # below.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:12 am

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Originally Posted by bob1008
Try L093590. Suv's are generally pretty expensive, but if you book a full size, you can almost always get upgraded if available. I'm finding that since the increase in gas prices, fewer people are willing to take the gas guzzlers and the rental companies are much more generous in offering them.

Also, none of the codes should be increasing the rate. MAke sure you do not mark "check my corporate rate", leave it on "check lowest rate", and enter the AWD # below.
What HE said. I also noticed that they keep on trying to upgrade me to an SUV these days. It is a pain in the neck, because I would rather be driving a smaller car. You can also try using AWD# G298100, it gets a SUV at $49 and a Full size at $37
Old Dec 12, 2007, 1:09 am

Australian in Canada, country of residence?

I am Working in the USA, I want to hire a car in Vancouver and drive it to Whistler on the 17th Dec, 5 days. I have found plenty of codes which give a good rate:
L093590 kellwood
G298100 gevoha
B935200 Sams Club
A415914 BJ's members
But only if I enter Canada as my Country of Residence. Do i need to put Australia as my Residence? or can i give them a Canadian address? I have a USA visa and address.
Also is there any way to waive the one way drop off fee?
Cheers
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Bimba
I am Working in the USA, I want to hire a car in Vancouver and drive it to Whistler on the 17th Dec, 5 days. I have found plenty of codes which give a good rate:
L093590 kellwood
G298100 gevoha
B935200 Sams Club
A415914 BJ's members
But only if I enter Canada as my Country of Residence. Do i need to put Australia as my Residence? or can i give them a Canadian address? I have a USA visa and address.
Also is there any way to waive the one way drop off fee?
Cheers
Welcome to FT Bimba!

If you're only planning on skiing I highly recommend taking the bus from downtown Vancouver or from the airport. Very fast and convenient.

You won't need a car in Whistler at all.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:19 pm

thanx for the welcome

Thanx for the Welcome.
Yeah i though as much, about not needing a car. But there will be 3to4 of us so i figured it wold be cheaper to drive even with the one way drop off fee.
So still interested if i can use Canada as place of residence.
cheers
Old Dec 12, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
Thanks for the help - quick question - I am picking up from London Heathrow .... will the "gevoha" code require any kind of identification? Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Avis First, Hertz PC
Hi,
I just want to let everyone know that I created a post that contains a listing of all the corporate accounts and coupons nicely laid out, it also contains a price matrix for a one day rental, it can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766645
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Matrix= very flawed cheat sheet. Do your own research.

Originally Posted by matskul
Hi,
I just want to let everyone know that I created a post that contains a listing of all the corporate accounts and coupons nicely laid out, it also contains a price matrix for a one day rental, it can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766645
Matskul, I think your intentions were good, but the matrix with the "overall top five" is really not accurate at all, and I think is a disservice to any new users of this forum.

a) I tried several of the good awd's that you left off the list for some reason, and 3 gave as good or better than your top 5, for the locations you posted.

b) I did not see where you posted what size vehicle these rates are for, so it leaves us up in the air a bit. I also cannot think of 2 worse locations to use as your benchmark than JFK & LAX, 2 notoriously horrible rental locations in terms of discounts.

c) This forum I believe is to post our experiences and advise of helpful tips. Users are supposed to still do their own research and search for what works best for them. The formal manner in which you presented a matrix with "top five", "groupings", coupons with advisories that they can be used with certain awd's, etc., I believe will be very detrimental to people that rely on it, and to this forum, as many people will now feel that there is no need to contribute, when they can just check the matrix. When in fact the matrix is really just one person's unqualified opinion, even if it is masked in a professional looking presentation.

d) In todays litigious society, I'm amazed that anyone would author and publish on the internet such a formal "walk-through" sheet of codes to circumvent policies such as underage renting, obtaining government discounts, etc. Think about this.... 3 underage kids rent a car at JFK using your recommendation (and the formality of it clearly presents the list as your recommendation). They get drunk, hit and kill someone. How unpleasant do you think it will be for you if it is disclosed that they obtained the vehicle from the directions on your "matrix cheat sheet"? Unlikely to happen? sure. But very possible? I think so.

As I said in the beginning, I think your intentions are good, but really misdirected. There is a huge difference between the casual banter of the experiences of our forum users, and the publishing of a very formal looking "how to" list that you posted. The fact that it is not very accurate is probably the least of my concerns.

In any case...this is an open forum and I believe you are entitled to post anything that the moderators will accept. Since I personally gather a tremendous amount of helpful information from this active thread, I felt I should express my opinion on your attempt to direct the users to your published matrix cheat sheet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.