Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:22 pm

i am looking for codes that i can use in Australia - any suggestions? currently am getting $48 / day for intermediate.
thanks
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:06 am

Hey Guys also any help for South Africa (CapeTown and Johanesbourg)?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by DreamKeeper
Have you had any issues at all using this code? Have they asked you what company the code belongs to and if so what are you telling them? Thanks...
See upthread
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:15 am

Avis site vs Chase Travel Portal

Has anyone had experience with the Chase portal as to the true cost? I am getting some the same rental $20 cheaper on the portal, which supposedly includes charges. The Avid site specs everything but I'm a little worried about the true Chase booking cost.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 1:24 pm

i want to get the maserati ghibli tomorrow at LAX for an event i'm attending sunday. is the best route to book a full size with the best code i can find and pre-pay and just bargain at pick up for the lowest upgrade cost at preferred desk. i know i've been quoted 75 or 100 per day to upgrade to mercedes c63 amg... i've read some places avis won't let the ghibli go for less than 250 per day. anyone know?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by klausa
Did anyone had luck with using any of those counts to shave off the underage fee?

I'm Preferred Plus and using City Leisure Travel code, renting trough Avis turns out slightly cheaper than the Alamo I've had booked before.

I'd much rather use Avis, since I could skip most of the formalities and get an upgrade (though I dunno what would an upgrade from Mustang Convertible look like at Avis), but not if there's significant risk of getting hit with young driver surcharge.

(I've seen the mention of problems at LAX, I'd be renting at MIA).
Hi there,

If I have the citi prestige credit card, can I use the citi leisure travel code? Or is that code only for corporate employees?

Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:58 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi there,

If I have the citi prestige credit card, can I use the citi leisure travel code? Or is that code only for corporate employees?

Thanks!
That discount code is supposed to be for employees of Citi.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:44 am

Hi all, thanks for sharing the code, it helps me save tremendously on a 2-day rental. Just have a quick question, my credit card is not expired but I keep getting this message:

“NOTE: The credit card information on your My Avis account has expired. You will need to stop at the rental counter. Or to ensure that you receive Avis Preferred, please call 800-230-4898. Select Option #2 and explain that you have received this message and will need your reservation modified.
You will also need to update your profile by providing new credit card information and can do so by calling 866-842-5552 or logging in to your My Avis account.”

Does this have something to do with the code that I use (C062090)? I am wondering if the code requires a linked corporate credit card? Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Data point: Used E888804 on one of my previous rentals, worked like a charm!
FYI, it is for Hon circle but shows as "weekend special" on most of the GDS
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Mileageplus
B270898

Originally Posted by DreamKeeper
Have you had any issues at all using this code? Have they asked you what company the code belongs to and if so what are you telling them? Thanks...
I always use this code (B270898) - no issues. Booked a car last week with it no issues. I'm trying to modify it and it is giving me an error. Tried to create a new reservation with it and it is giving me an error.....anyone else experiencing this? Worried about picking up my car on Friday....

I keep getting this error when I select a car " The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered."

Last edited by Nath36; Oct 5, 2016 at 11:26 am
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:44 pm

So I was the person who was denied at LAX for B270898 earlier this year. This time, I'm using A515100 and trying again (on a similarly unusual one way, but out of a different location). Will keep everyone posted.

BTW - B270898 worked for me as well and was the same price as the above.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
So I was the person who was denied at LAX for B270898 earlier this year. This time, I'm using A515100 and trying again (on a similarly unusual one way, but out of a different location). Will keep everyone posted.

BTW - B270898 worked for me as well and was the same price as the above.
That new code is HP's business (not leisure) code. I wouldn't use that one if I were you, they'll likely check. I work for HP and they always do for the business code, not usually the leisure code though. And, no, I won't share it.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:11 am

Thanks - the worst they can do is say no, right? I have plenty of backup options arranged.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:34 pm

Would anybody advise on the best code to use for 10 days one-way Munich to Vienna in January 2017?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Nath36
I keep getting this error when I select a car " The rate code you entered requires an Avis World Wide Discount (AWD) number. Please go back and enter your AWD number or remove the rate code you entered."
I'm getting the same issue. Workaround is to log out of your Avis preferred account, book it without being logged in, put in your details, call in, and add your wizard number to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.