Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i have just redeemed two tickets, the miles is debited from my account. and i get a confirmation. will i get an e-ticket receipt later or this is all i will ever get?

well. looks like i willbuy more miles now that i managed to book two tickets...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
It's working for me, but this FFP is such a joke.
So FFS don't use it .

Same goes to everyone else complaining, just go away and don't come back
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by dazz81
So FFS don't use it .

Same goes to everyone else complaining, just go away and don't come back
I strongly recommend you to grow up a bit. The mods here don't like potty-mouthed youngsters too much.

Learn to recognise the difference between an opinion, which is what I expressed, and rudeness, which is what you have.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
It's working for me, but this FFP is such a joke.
I'm quite happy with it. 2 J trips between Aus and the UK.

2 seats on SQ J from Aus to Asia.

VERY happy with the overall cost.

It has its limitations compared to some FFPs...it has its advantages compared to some FFPs. I wouldn't say it is a joke though...and I suspect it will improve in time.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
It has its limitations compared to some FFPs...it has its advantages compared to some FFPs. I wouldn't say it is a joke though...and I suspect it will improve in time.
+1
Sure it has issues, but you can't beat US-Europe or Asia at little more than $1,000 one way First.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:09 pm

That's fair enough - I jumped the gun there a bit. I guess I was annoyed that it was simultaneously having login issues and raising redemption rates without telling anyone
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:34 pm

I strongly recommend you to grow up a bit. The mods here don't like potty-mouthed youngsters too much.

Learn to recognise the difference between an opinion, which is what I expressed, and rudeness, which is what you have.
Indeed I was being incredibly rude.

However, still, why use it if you don't like it? There is plenty of other programs out there
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
The program may has its problems but that doesn´t mean you cant have fun with it.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 5:47 pm

Indeed I was being incredibly rude.

However, still, why use it if you don't like it? There is plenty of other programs out there
Well... As I was posting above, I got angry earlier that they seem to be raising redemption rates, and then the login wasn't working? But to be perfectly fair, and as posted above, the program DOES indeed have value - even without considering all the trickery discussed upthread. I was being rash in my fury indeed.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:45 pm

Well... As I was posting above, I got angry earlier that they seem to be raising redemption rates, and then the login wasn't working? But to be perfectly fair, and as posted above, the program DOES indeed have value - even without considering all the trickery discussed upthread. I was being rash in my fury indeed.
Ok glad we have all calmed down. I am mid trip on a LM redemption and very pleased with it all. I have not used any of the 'trickery' either, just simple point to point bookings.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:47 pm

Ok glad we have all calmed down. I am mid trip on a LM redemption and very pleased with it all. I have not used any of the 'trickery' either, just simple point to point bookings.
Haha. Right on I honestly think if they allowed mixed-class redemption it would become my program of choice - I would accept the half-broken website, agents that compete for IQ with an average cactus and a complete disregard for logic in some of the offered routings, and then I'd stop being idiotically focussed on collecting Amex MR and Aeroplan and just buy points when I need them and move on with life. Sigh.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:16 pm

Haha. Right on I honestly think if they allowed mixed-class redemption it would become my program of choice - I would accept the half-broken website, agents that compete for IQ with an average cactus and a complete disregard for logic in some of the offered routings, and then I'd stop being idiotically focussed on collecting Amex MR and Aeroplan and just buy points when I need them and move on with life. Sigh.
Exactly my sentiment.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
i booked two one-way tickets today. cant say I am not happy. i have over 500K UA miles and 250K in AA and 250 US, over 300K in DL. i still need to buy lifemiles. it does say there is some value here!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:47 pm

I bought a ticket but they put an extra "SRA" between my first name and last name. Will this be a problem when boarding the flight?

BTW, "SRA" means "Mrs" in Spanish but my flight is from Boston to Zurich and then to Shanghai.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
They probably had to get in quick to recoup some of the losses from the abuse of this program!
Is it being abused? Or just more widely used? Gary and Lucky certainly opened the box, but I fail to see any abuse? LM is obviously benefitting, so they are increasing the rates, because they can now and people will still use the program as it has real value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.