Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I have been going to Empire Bar for years now. It is one of the few places for Asian-style food in Buenos Aires that usually does well enough by me. Credit to the owner there for bringing a good thing to Buenos Aires.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 7:33 am

Gaucho, when you're ready to go to Nectarine for a re-review, let me know, I'll check it out with you! May as well have some good company while we look it over.

I second the recommendation on Empire's satay - it's indeed one of the better ones I've ever had, and that's saying something given my profession! And yes, Gaucho, it's worth going to - I'd agree, there's not alot in the way of good Asian food here - though there's some, and it's overall getting better - Empire is one of the better spots.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by SaltShaker
Gaucho, when you're ready to go to Nectarine for a re-review, let me know, I'll check it out with you! May as well have some good company while we look it over.

I second the recommendation on Empire's satay - it's indeed one of the better ones I've ever had, and that's saying something given my profession! And yes, Gaucho, it's worth going to - I'd agree, there's not alot in the way of good Asian food here - though there's some, and it's overall getting better - Empire is one of the better spots.
Are you the SaltShaker of this website:

http://www.saltshaker.net/restaurant...te-parrillada/
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by tazi
Are you the SaltShaker of this website:

http://www.saltshaker.net/restaurant...te-parrillada/
Yes! One and the same.

John
Old Aug 29, 2007, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
Yes! One and the same.

John
Awesome blog! I found it doing a search for one of the restaurants chosen for Cow DO. Been drooling ever since
Old Aug 31, 2007, 5:16 am

As soflyon said, yes, one and the same. Glad you like the blog!
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:26 am

As soflyon said, yes, one and the same. Glad you like the blog!

Now I have to ask, why did you not join us for Cow DO?!?!
Old Sep 8, 2007, 3:14 pm

Mmmmm... I hosted a group from the Cow Do who came to my restaurant for dinner one night, and, working at my place is the primary reason I wasn't available to go to another.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Mmmmm... I hosted a group from the Cow Do who came to my restaurant for dinner one night, and, working at my place is the primary reason I wasn't available to go to another.
And it was a very excellent evening. SaltShaker is a great and adventurous chef and wonderful host. His blog is pretty interesting also.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I highly recommend anyone going to BsA drop him an email and see if they can get a reservation.

Last edited by lili; Sep 10, 2007 at 7:58 am Reason: To upgrade Dan from cook to chef, Sorry, Dan.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 4:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Indeed.... the entire Cow Do group that went to Dan´s had nothing but great things to say about the food & service... ^
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by lili
And it was a very excellent evening. SaltShaker is a great and adventurous cook and wonderful host. His blog is pretty interesting also.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I highly recommend anyone going to BsA drop him an email and see if they can get a reservation.
I'm planning this for next year's Cow DO
Old Sep 15, 2007, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x320)

Here is my favorite new Buenos Aires restaurant. Pura Tierra.

www.puratierra.com.ar

Amazing food, great service, super ambiance. Will post a full review later.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Sep 15, 2007 at 9:29 pm
Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:40 am

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

I like Pura Tierra already just for their website! Will definitely give the place a try, thanks for the recommendation.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 11:10 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Mmmmm.. can't wait to get back to BsAs! I'm bringing mrs. hauteboy down to Argentina for the first time (I've been 5-6 times now!) from Nov 21-23, then going to Iguazu. Just wanted to check out some good restaurants. I loved the 05/06 'Do!

SaltShaker, just checked out your site and previous menus, sounds delicious! Are you planning on having another Thanksgiving dinner this year?

Last edited by hauteboy; Oct 9, 2007 at 11:52 pm
Old Oct 13, 2007, 4:26 am
Original Poster

One a related note to F&B, please join me in congratulating Saltshaker on the recent publishing of his new book, a very complete English/Spanish Dictionary of Culinary Terms.... ^

Dan, please do post the details of the book and where its available, Im sure many FTers will be very interested in getting a copy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.