Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: danola
USA, Canada AND AUSTRALIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS NO LONGER NEED TO PAY

News for Canadians travellers!

https://paxnews.com/news/other/argen...fee/newsletter

Early this morning, the Argentine government officially suspended the reciprocity fee for Canadians, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Argentina ends reciprocity fee for Americans, Australians and Canadians
Argentina has announced (25 Aug 2016) full and permanent $160 reciprocity fee waiver for U. S. passport holders effective 25 Sep 2016.

NOTE: Some report in this interim period between ninety days of waiver and permanent waiver they are not being charged $160 on arrival at EZE already - but your airline might still request evidence you have met the expiring requirements listed below if you are a U.S. passport holder.

Refer them to IATA TIMATIC, in accord with:

Originally Posted by David Beach
Just announced:

RECIPROCITY FEE SUSPENSION for us passport holders REMAINS IN FORCE
indefinitely UNTIL DEROGATION DECREE IS ISSUED

"The Migrations National Agency confirmed today that the suspension of the collection of reciprocity fees from US citizens, established by Disposition DNM No. 589/2016 as of March 24 2016 for a period of 90 days or until a Presidential Decree promoted by the said Agency is issued for its derogation, will remain in force.

The reciprocity fee still applies to Australian and Canadian passport holders.
June 22, 2016
http://www.embassyofargentina.us/en/...-citizens.html
Argentine passport holders will at some future time be allowed to apply for U. S. Global Entry.

Visitors carrying other nations' passports (passport holders from the United Kingdom and Canada must still pay their reciprocity fee) still have to meet the conditions established by Argentina.

To determine what you need to enter Argentina, please use IATA TIMATIC - the tool used by the airlines to determine if you will board - here. (C/o United Airlines.)

Argentine Reciprocity Fee for passport holders of certain nationalities

If you hold a passport of one of the following nations and intend using it for entry to Argentina:

- USA
- Canada
- [strike]Australia [strike]

You must pay for the Reciprocity Fee before you enter Argentina. This fee is valid for 10 Years from the date of payment (the amount of time may vary for Canada and Australia). Please note that failure to have this fee [hl]prepaid[/] and if your airline allows you to board (they are unlikely to because they can be fined and required to transport you out of Argentina on their next departing fee at their cost) you will be deported forthwith.

N.B. If your current Reciprocity Fee stamp is in an expired passport because you have had a new passport issued, you may present your expired passport as proof of payment if you do not have a fee receipt to tender.

Reciprocity Fee

If you are a US, Australian or Canadian citizen, you will need to pay a reciprocity fee before you enter Argentina. This fee may vary depending on your nationality.
Reciprocity Fee (payment and receipt)

The Argentine National Immigration Directorate(DNM) has launched a new online method of payment to enable payment of the reciprocity fee via credit card. Travellers can now pay this fee through the Provincia Pagos payment system.
US, Australian and Canadian citizens can pay the reciprocity fee before entering Argentina by accessing the following websites: www.provinciapagos.com.ar and www.migraciones.gov.ar.

How can I pay the Reciprocity Fee Online?

1.Register at www.provinciapagos.com.ar and obtain an entry code.
2.Complete the form including personal and credit card details . This information and the entry code will be sent electronically to the DNM.
3.After payment is processed, print the receipt.
4.Upon arrival in Argentina, go to the DNM Office and present the printed receipt.
5.The receipt will be scanned by DNM staff and the data will be validated to enable entry to Argentina.

https://reciprocidad.provincianet.co...oFunciona.aspx
Reciprocity fee for US citizens

U.S. citizens who visit the Argentine Republic as tourists or on business must pay a reciprocity fee of U$S160. This reciprocity fee does not represent a charge for a visa since Argentina does not require US citizens to have visas when traveling as tourists or on business. The Argentine Government sets this fee in reciprocity to what Argentines pay for a visa application to enter the United States of America.

Argentine nationals traveling with a US, Canadian or Australian passport are EXEMPT from paying the reciprocity fee. Please travel with additional proof of Argentine nationality (DNI, old passport, birth certificate, etc.)

Method of Payment

Payment must be made before entering the Argentine Republic, online at: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar and go to: Pay your reciprocity fee

Payment can be made with the following credit cards only: Visa, American Express, Mastercard.

The voucher received must be printed and submitted to the immigration authorities. The period of validity of such proof will begin from the date on which the payment was made.

As of January 7, 2013, the reciprocity fee has been extended to all border crossings of Argentina: maritime, fluvial (riverine), terrestrial and aerial.
Until June 30, 2013, passengers on cruises entering the country are exempt from paying the reciprocity fee.(sic)

U.S. citizens who previously paid the fee and its validity period has not expired, they do not need to pay it again and need to show the stamp on the passport. If you have a new passport, you will need to bring the previous passport with the stamp that proves the fee payment. For further information or questions, please contact our office at 404-880-0805 x 101, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

http://catla.cancilleria.gov.ar/cont...e-reciprocidad
For more information, please see the following links:

http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...ction/news.htm

http://argentina.travisa.com/

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...r_novedad=1632

Transit passengers: If you are arriving at EZE or international aerial port of entry internationally and departing on another international flight within less than 12 hours, you are eligible to remain airside and connect without paying a reciprocity fee; read the wiki in: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argen...-intl-eze.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Updated 27 Aug 2016 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Is the reciprocity fee payment always linked to the passport number, or can the receipt still be valid with a renewed passport under the same name but with a different number if you still have the receipt? My current passport expires in late 2018.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by RustyC
Is the reciprocity fee payment always linked to the passport number, or can the receipt still be valid with a renewed passport under the same name but with a different number if you still have the receipt? My current passport expires in late 2018.
Yes, but you have to have and show the expired passport with the same number on the printed form, along with the new passport.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, HA, CC, IHC, HH, SPG, PC, TY, AARP, Partridge in a pear tree...
Wow... TONS of good info here!

I read through a bunch of it but seem to be missing the part I need (of course).

We traveled to EZE in July of 2013. I was a bit unprepared and had to pay the fee at the last minute from my laptop in the ticket line!

Our passports are stamped with our entrance and exit dates... but I just cannot find that receipt.

1. Do I understand correctly that the payment is somehow tracked with our passport numbers?

2. Is there a way I can check that and make sure we're good?

3. If nothing else works, is there a way to get a copy of that receipt somehow?

4. (Bonus question) Anyone care to speculate on routing? We're planning on the end of March (IAD-EZE about $1100) and would love to catch one of those 'free' 48-hour layovers on the way down.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Cheapster
Wow... TONS of good info here!

I read through a bunch of it but seem to be missing the part I need (of course).

We traveled to EZE in July of 2013. I was a bit unprepared and had to pay the fee at the last minute from my laptop in the ticket line!

Our passports are stamped with our entrance and exit dates... but I just cannot find that receipt.

1. Do I understand correctly that the payment is somehow tracked with our passport numbers?

2. Is there a way I can check that and make sure we're good?

3. If nothing else works, is there a way to get a copy of that receipt somehow?

4. (Bonus question) Anyone care to speculate on routing? We're planning on the end of March (IAD-EZE about $1100) and would love to catch one of those 'free' 48-hour layovers on the way down.
If the reciprocity payment stamp proof is not in your passport or you can't reprint your reciprocity payment receipt otherwise, email [email protected] with your:

name, nationality, passport number and birthdate as per the passport you used when putting in for the reciprocity payment

and request they provide you proof of payment.

The free layovers are ordinarily connections under 24 hour on internstional itineraries of this nature.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The old reciprocity fee receipts (when you paid at the airport upon arrival) were stuck in the passport, but the new system requires an online purchase.

I wonder whether there would have been a receipt in an email message or attachment.

IIRC you're now supposed to have the paper receipt with a bar code.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The old reciprocity fee receipts (when you paid at the airport upon arrival) were stuck in the passport, but the new system requires an online purchase.

I wonder whether there would have been a receipt in an email message or attachment.

IIRC you're now supposed to have the paper receipt with a bar code.
The embassy/consulates have ways to make sure such persons don't need to repay the reciprocity fee. Whether the staff is willing to assist or not, I don't know. They are able to assist, if willing.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Thank you for posting this note about contacting [email protected] regarding getting a duplicate copy of your reciprocity receipt sent to you via email. I paid for my reciprocity stamp back in 2010 and, after traveling quite a bit, the barcode on it had faded. I emailed [email protected] and gave them my passport number, name, date of birth, and passport expiration date -- and they emailed me back with a duplicate electronic receipt within 12 hours of my request. Much quicker than I expected!

Thanks,

p

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If the reciprocity payment stamp proof is not in your passport or you can't reprint your reciprocity payment receipt otherwise, email [email protected] with your:

name, nationality, passport number and birthdate as per the passport you used when putting in for the reciprocity payment

and request they provide you proof of payment.

The free layovers are ordinarily connections under 24 hour on internstional itineraries of this nature.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:09 pm

I hold Argentina and US citizenship. However, I wasn't born in Argentina, my Argentinian passport is expired, but I have the DNI.
My wife is also US citizen and Argentina resident. She holds a DNI for foreigners (the brown one).

The consulate page http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...rocityfee.html
stays explicitly that none of us has to pay the fee, so I don't worry about crossing the border:
Code:
If you are a naturalized argentine citizen, or a permanent resident and you hold a DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad) you do not have to pay the fee.
However, I have some concerns about the airline personnel.. Are they aware of this rule and what is DNI ?
Timatic just says:
- Exempt are holders of a valid visa issued by Argentina.
- Exempt are those born in Argentina.
- Exempt are holders of dual Argentine nationality.

There is no mention of DNI !
Did anybody had experience boarding US airline with DNI + US passport ?
What about DNI for foreigners (DNI para extranjeros) ?

Thx.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elruso
I hold Argentina and US citizenship. However, I wasn't born in Argentina, my Argentinian passport is expired, but I have the DNI.
My wife is also US citizen and Argentina resident. She holds a DNI for foreigners (the brown one).

The consulate page http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...rocityfee.html
stays explicitly that none of us has to pay the fee, so I don't worry about crossing the border:
Code:
If you are a naturalized argentine citizen, or a permanent resident and you hold a DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad) you do not have to pay the fee.
However, I have some concerns about the airline personnel.. Are they aware of this rule and what is DNI ?
Timatic just says:
- Exempt are holders of a valid visa issued by Argentina.
- Exempt are those born in Argentina.
- Exempt are holders of dual Argentine nationality.

There is no mention of DNI !
Did anybody had experience boarding US airline with DNI + US passport ?
What about DNI for foreigners (DNI para extranjeros) ?

Thx.
If you have the Argentine DNI document, then you have what you need. TIMATIC will mention it when US is entered as nationality and Argentina is entered as a country of residence. As long as you have a valid DNI and as your wife has a valid DNI too -- and as long as you have that to present at immigration on arrival -- you two don't need to pay the reciprocity fee. If TIMATIC doesn't satisfy them -- and it should -- then point them to the Argentine embassy website that says the same thing.

If you pay the reciprocity fee, you have slim to no chance to get it refunded.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If you have the Argentine DNI document, then you have what you need. TIMATIC will mention it when US is entered as nationality and Argentina is entered as a country of residence. As long as you have a valid DNI and as your wife has a valid DNI too -- and as long as you have that to present at immigration on arrival -- you two don't need to pay the reciprocity fee. If TIMATIC doesn't satisfy them -- and it should -- then point them to the Argentine embassy website that says the same thing.

If you pay the reciprocity fee, you have slim to no chance to get it refunded.
Thanks GUWonder.
I double checked the TIMATIC (via star alliance link) and effectively it mentions the "national id" and doesn't mention the reciprocity fee if I specify nationality: USA, country of residence: Argentina and destination country Argentina:
It also points to the following document listing the IDs, including DNI
https://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/t...ubuser=STARB2C
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:44 pm

Iberia - totally disinterested in this it seems!

I find it interesting to check in on this thread every so often. It's become normal that all the North American, and all or at least most of the South American carriers are very diligent (almost obsessive... checking 3+ times before letting you board) about ensuring that you've paid your reciprocity fee.

I've written about BA taking a more strangely relaxed approach (not asking for anything up front, making an announcement an hour before landing talking about if you haven't already acquired your "Visa" and are from the US, Canada or Australia... and indeed the ground staff who met me on the jetway about a bag that their systems had told them hadn't been loaded asking me if I had paid my fee when seeing I was holding a US passport in my hand).

The most surprising experience of all, however, was taking a recent Iberia flight into EZE (from Nice via Madrid). OLCI without issue. No inquiry at any step along the way, whether checking in at NCE, asking for new (paper) boarding passes, which sometimes makes them check, transit and boarding in MAD, not even an announcement onboard as BA has done. Absolutely, positively no checking or warning whatsoever at any point along the way, right through to disembarking at EZE.

Isn't it a problem for the airline if, somehow, a passenger they've carried all the way from Europe gets as far as immigrations without having any idea of the requirements (you'd have to be pretty daft, I admit, but then again it's even more daft of the airline not to check)?

I wasn't thinking much about it during the journey, but when I realized that not only had no one ever asked me for proof of payment, there had not even been an announcement prior to landing, I was really a little bit surprised.

I'm now rather looking forward to my next AA flight, where I won't even be allowed to get a boarding pass before I've proven that I've paid, and even then I expect to be checked 2-3 times more along the way!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Just a note of caution. I used a link in one of the above post and was directed to a google search which had a link that looked very similar to the address posted. Unfortunately it took me to a non-goverment site which stated the fee was $190 not $160 which gave me pause ( I will not muddy the water by posting that link)

I backtracked and found the correct link (as posted above) http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesi...ciprocidad.htm
So a little caution would be wise
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:02 am
Suspended

When flying from Mt Pleasant to Rio Gallegos, is there any immigration/reciprocity payment fee check done at Rio Gallegos?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:35 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I'd love to read this entire thread, but I'd rather just ask. I'm traveling to EZE on Sunday for a quickie business trip. My Spanish passport is expired, and the consulate won't be able to renew it in time, so I have to enter as a US citizen. I figure I'll just apply for the 10 year permit/visa/fee/whatever-this-is.

Is it a true 10 years, and just hang on to my expired passport? Or will it actually expire with my passport?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mkt
I'd love to read this entire thread, but I'd rather just ask. I'm traveling to EZE on Sunday for a quickie business trip. My Spanish passport is expired, and the consulate won't be able to renew it in time, so I have to enter as a US citizen. I figure I'll just apply for the 10 year permit/visa/fee/whatever-this-is.

Is it a true 10 years, and just hang on to my expired passport? Or will it actually expire with my passport?
Mine is a true ten years and was issued in affiliation with my US passport that expired. I use it with my current US passport without issue. In other words, the reciprocity payment is good for ten years even if you change US passports within the course of that ten years. As long as the names match in both US passports issued to the same person, ten years is the validity period of the proof of reciprocity payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.