FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VERY IMPORTANT - Reciprocity Fee to enter Argentina
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:03 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by elruso
I hold Argentina and US citizenship. However, I wasn't born in Argentina, my Argentinian passport is expired, but I have the DNI.
My wife is also US citizen and Argentina resident. She holds a DNI for foreigners (the brown one).

The consulate page http://embassyofargentina.us/embassy...rocityfee.html
stays explicitly that none of us has to pay the fee, so I don't worry about crossing the border:
Code:
If you are a naturalized argentine citizen, or a permanent resident and you hold a DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad) you do not have to pay the fee.
However, I have some concerns about the airline personnel.. Are they aware of this rule and what is DNI ?
Timatic just says:
- Exempt are holders of a valid visa issued by Argentina.
- Exempt are those born in Argentina.
- Exempt are holders of dual Argentine nationality.

There is no mention of DNI !
Did anybody had experience boarding US airline with DNI + US passport ?
What about DNI for foreigners (DNI para extranjeros) ?

Thx.
If you have the Argentine DNI document, then you have what you need. TIMATIC will mention it when US is entered as nationality and Argentina is entered as a country of residence. As long as you have a valid DNI and as your wife has a valid DNI too -- and as long as you have that to present at immigration on arrival -- you two don't need to pay the reciprocity fee. If TIMATIC doesn't satisfy them -- and it should -- then point them to the Argentine embassy website that says the same thing.

If you pay the reciprocity fee, you have slim to no chance to get it refunded.