Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
For 60,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months:

- Apply over the phone and you must call 800-567-1083 and ask to be forwarded to the mail-in offer department for amex business gold. (See Post #31)

For 50,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months: now appears to be dead
Print Wikipost

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CC, Hyatt & IHG
Originally Posted by ntoflp
Got an offer for 75k bonus points for the Business Gold Card.
It appears that "Get 75,000 Membership RewardsŪ points
after you spend $10,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†" is a public offer today...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:09 pm

Does anyone know if the stamps.com is eligible for the 3x points as Purchases for shipping?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by eddiesteel
Does anyone know if the stamps.com is eligible for the 3x points as Purchases for shipping?
yes 3x.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:05 pm

Stamps.com as US Shipping category?

I have an American Express SimplyCash Business credit card. One of the 3% cash back bonus categories is "US Shipping".

Do membership charges and postage charges from Stamps.com qualify for the bonus earnings? Post your experiences!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by SeanTek
...SimplyCash Business credit card. One of the 3% cash back bonus categories is "US Shipping".

Do membership charges and postage charges from Stamps.com qualify
I moved your question into this thread discussing another Business card which has the same bonus category. Scroll back only a couple messages to see the answer. You may also wish to read here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c.../business.html
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
The link in wiki now takes me to an offer of 75K after $5k in 3m. However, it also says I must apply by 1/26. However, my "public" offer is 25K after $5k in 3m. Hopefully that'll go up when my next app cycle comes along.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I moved your question into this thread discussing another Business card which has the same bonus category. Scroll back only a couple messages to see the answer. You may also wish to read here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c.../business.html
Thank you. The answer is "yes".
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
yes 3x.
Moops380: Can you confirm they are still giving you 3x on shipping including stamps.com? We use shipstation and stamps.com and noticed that half of our transactions are processed "usps postage stamps.com" and the other half are "stamps.com US Postage". The first one is categorized as shipping, while the second is Other - Miscellaneous. I spoke with someone on the phone at AMEX and they promised to have stamps.com transactions changed to shipping expenses and that they would make it retroactive to when I first signed up (3 weeks ago) and I'd get all the points. I got a case # and followed up after a week because the online acct still showed other-misc for the stamps.com transactions. I was told the case was closed and that they couldn't tell how things were categorized yet because I hadn't reached the end of a billing cycle yet. There was no action to follow up and nothing was done to resolve the issue. I've already spend $12k on this Amex gold card and will get the 75K bonus points, but if they screw me out of the 3x for shipping I will probably use the points I have, then close the acct. Nobody likes being lied to.

If they are still doing this for you, I'm going to give it another try after the billing cycle ends in a week, and I'll be asking for supervisors/managers to speak with. It may come in handy to let them know that I'm aware they have the ability to fix this issue.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:43 am

3x still posts for ups, stamps, and express1. My last purchase that has posted was on 1/21, so there is some lag on the points posting. Probably wait at least 2 months from purchase then verify.

Originally Posted by BuckeyePilot
Moops380: Can you confirm they are still giving you 3x on shipping including stamps.com? We use shipstation and stamps.com and noticed that half of our transactions are processed "usps postage stamps.com" and the other half are "stamps.com US Postage". The first one is categorized as shipping, while the second is Other - Miscellaneous. I spoke with someone on the phone at AMEX and they promised to have stamps.com transactions changed to shipping expenses and that they would make it retroactive to when I first signed up (3 weeks ago) and I'd get all the points. I got a case # and followed up after a week because the online acct still showed other-misc for the stamps.com transactions. I was told the case was closed and that they couldn't tell how things were categorized yet because I hadn't reached the end of a billing cycle yet. There was no action to follow up and nothing was done to resolve the issue. I've already spend $12k on this Amex gold card and will get the 75K bonus points, but if they screw me out of the 3x for shipping I will probably use the points I have, then close the acct. Nobody likes being lied to.

If they are still doing this for you, I'm going to give it another try after the billing cycle ends in a week, and I'll be asking for supervisors/managers to speak with. It may come in handy to let them know that I'm aware they have the ability to fix this issue.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:06 am

moops380 - thanks for the info
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:46 pm

is 75k after 5k spend the best offer right now? This is what I see when I try wiki link

As a special offer you can get 75,000 Membership RewardsŪ points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases with the Business Gold Rewards Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Your application must be received by March 31, 2016 to be eligible for this offer.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 12:50 pm
mia

I have edited the Wikipost to remove stale information. Many business card offers are now subject to the Once in a Lifetime policy.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:09 pm

That does not included targeted offers... To the post 2 up, ive been targeted for 80k recently, but 75 is pretty good still.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:39 pm

UPDATE: I confirmed today with AMEX that I am getting the triple points for both "stamps.com USPS" and the "USPS - Stamps.com" transactions. The only annoyance is that the "stamps.com-USPS" transactions still categorize as "miscellaneous" under the expense reporting function of the AMEX Gold card.

So as Moops380 had said - they can make sure people are getting the points, even if the vendor is registered as miscellaneous.

I got the 75K bonus points for spending $10K in the first 3 months - it actually only took me about 2 weeks to blow through $10K of business expenses, so that was plenty good of a deal. Hope this helps anyone else looking at this program.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:38 pm
mia

Originally Posted by BuckeyePilot
...only annoyance is that the "stamps.com-USPS" transactions still categorize as "miscellaneous" under the expense reporting function...
Thank you for posting the resolution. Too often we hear the problem, but not the outcome.

The merchant classification is selected by the merchant's credit card processor, not by American Express. I think it's worth mentioning to the merchant that their classification is creating a problem in your bookkeeping system. More likely to take it seriously if it has a business implication than if it pertains to rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.