Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
For 60,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months:

- Apply over the phone and you must call 800-567-1083 and ask to be forwarded to the mail-in offer department for amex business gold. (See Post #31)

For 50,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months: now appears to be dead
Print Wikipost

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:10 pm

Premier Rewards Gold. I think I saw the same on the gold biz a year ago as well.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:18 am

Smile invitation code for Biz Gold

Anyone has spare invitation code for 75K points Biz Gold offer, please pm me ( Invitation code and zip code) Thanks a lot!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:35 pm

Anyone know if the annual fee is waived or not for the 60K offer?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by andy2343
Anyone know if the annual fee is waived or not for the 60K offer?

I seem to be the only one who has been able to get the 60k offer and, yes the annual fee has been waived first year.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:36 am

@sthubbar, thanks! Actually just called last night, person on the line seemed a bit confused and then at some point just said "Oh, I know what you're talking about" and gave me the number to the mail-in offer line. Called 888.346.6736 which seemed to be the direct line to that dept.

Was told that offer wasn't available, but that he'd be happy to match it for me And can confirm first year AF was waived as well.

Process took about 20 minutes total. Thanks again!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:40 pm

If I buy airline gift cards, do they count as 3x?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by andy2343
@sthubbar, thanks! Actually just called last night, person on the line seemed a bit confused and then at some point just said "Oh, I know what you're talking about" and gave me the number to the mail-in offer line. Called 888.346.6736 which seemed to be the direct line to that dept.

Was told that offer wasn't available, but that he'd be happy to match it for me And can confirm first year AF was waived as well.

Process took about 20 minutes total. Thanks again!
Great, glad it worked for you.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:32 am

50K Offer

Hi, I called the number and tried to get the 60K offer, but was told i needed the number (starts with a "G'). Of course I don't have the number. She said that she would look at other offers, and found a 50K offer for $5K spend for 3 months.

She said that if I had a Business card in the last 12 months, I could not get the card. I told her that I had a business card but I wasn't sure if it was more than 12 months ago. Then, she said something that I have never seen discussed before, which was that the 12 month term did not apply IF MY BUSINESS NAME WAS DIFFERENT. This is very interesting, in that it means that if a person has multiple businesses, the person can have more than one concurrent Business card. Or, like me, if a person had a business card within 12 months, you can use a different business name and still get the card. I used my different business name and was approved for the card.

I found this very interesting!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bruegelpie
....she said something that I have never seen discussed before, which was that the 12 month term did not apply IF MY BUSINESS NAME WAS DIFFERENT.
This has been extensively discussed and would be a reversal of American Express policy and practice which is to treat the individual as the applicant and not to award bonuses for subsequent applications using a different business name. It could be accurate, but I think we would need to see multiple reports of the points posting without an appeal to the executive offices.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:13 pm

I'm simply reporting what the representative told me today.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 3:10 pm
mia

Understood, and very much appreciated, because if American Express has reversed their policy or practice on this requirement it will be very big news.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:26 pm

FYI, the 60k bonus points have posted.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
I was told the same thing!

I was told the same thing. Won't know if it's true for another month. But I will post if I get points or not.

I didn't apply for the same card type. I had plat before. and I applied for the gold this time.

I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:49 am

Has anyone else not been getting category points? The way my automatic payments to stamps.com post to the MR rewards page for my gold amex business card has changed.

USPS POSTAGE STAMPS.WASHINGTON DC

-to (around aug 5th)-

STAMPS.COM USPOSTAGE877-782-6785 CA

Since this change I no longer am receiving 2x points. This 'technical glitch' has probably been saving AMEX tens of millions of dollars in the past 3 months nationwide. It was previously under 'Business Services' and now under 'Miscellaneous.'

Anything I can do aside from opening a case with the MR CSR?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by moops380
Since this change I no longer am receiving 2x points.
This does not sound like a glitch, but rather a permanent change. Categories are not assigned by American Express. They are selected by the merchant's acquirer, the company which processes their credit card transactions.

Are you purchasing the stamps directly from USPS, or through stamps.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.