Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
For 60,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months:

- Apply over the phone and you must call 800-567-1083 and ask to be forwarded to the mail-in offer department for amex business gold. (See Post #31)

For 50,000 points after $5,000 spend in 3 months: now appears to be dead
Print Wikipost

American Express Gold Biz card 50-60,000 MR points ($5k spend) [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:43 am

@gv111, so you can actually use other RSVP code + zip code and then during the application, you can change it to your zip code?

I just dial that number to apply for the 60k, the rep have no clue since it's a general number. Just ask to be forwarded to the mail-in offer department for amex business gold and you should be good. Just got the card approved 5 minutes ago.

btw how do i edit the wiki?

Last edited by edyonline; Sep 2, 2014 at 8:24 am
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:49 pm

^^ EDIT button in bottom right of wiki, but I think you need a minimum amount of posts to be able to edit.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:35 am

@waingro oh i didn't know that. do you know what's the minimum post?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by edyonline
@waingro oh i didn't know that. do you know what's the minimum post?
member of Flyertalk for 90 days, and has contributed 90 posts

Time to start contributing more I edited it for you.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by edyonline
@gv111, so you can actually use other RSVP code + zip code and then during the application, you can change it to your zip code?
---------
Yes, I applied with someone's else code and already got the bonus. YMMV!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:55 pm

does the delta business amex gold card disqualify you for the amex gold business card bonus or are they considered different products?

thanks in advance
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
... they considered different products?
They are different products. One is a credit card which earns SkyMiles. The other is a charge card which earns Membership Rewards points. Completely unrelated.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
They are different products. One is a credit card which earns SkyMiles. The other is a charge card which earns Membership Rewards points. Completely unrelated.
thanks. I cancelled my business amex last October so am I correct to assume that the once per lifetime limitation would not be applicable for that card? I am planning to apply in early Dec as part of AOR to use xmas spend to help meet all the spend requirements. Amex seems to issue cards even though you don't qualify and since I am going to try and get 100k for $10k spend I want to make sure that spend isn't wasted just not certain how to do what with amex.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:47 am
mia

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
I cancelled my business amex last October so am I correct to assume that the once per lifetime limitation would not be applicable for that card?
Correct. At this point, the once-in-a-lifetime rule applies only to USA-issued personal cards. Business cards are eligible for a bonus 12 months after cancellation, but please do carefully read the terms of the specific offer because these are generalizations.

Amex seems to issue cards even though you don't qualify ...
Correct. You are eligible to apply for a card even if you are not eligible to earn a new account bonus.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: IML GOLD, Bonvoy LTPE, WOH Globalist, AAEXPLT
Does anyone know if the limitations on sign up bonus is linked to a personal SSN or if its linked to a EIN number?

I took advantage of the offer earlier this year and got the bonus but I'm looking to apply for a second business. Thanks in advance
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:06 am
mia

American Express considers the individual to be the applicant. In general, you cannot receive a new account bonus if you currently hold the identical business card, even if the business name is different.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:08 pm

targetted offer

Does somebody have a spare code for 60 k AMEX Biz Gold $5000 spend offer?

If you don't use it please PM me. I only need the RSVP and zip code. Thanks so much.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I got this Gold Biz card however it had a $10K spend. I met my spend by paying my federal taxes on Sept 10th. My statement closed. No points. Does anyone know if paying taxes count towards spend? I used one of the links from the IRS to pay.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:55 pm

How do you make use of someone else's RSVP and zip? I got a targeted offer, and when I go to the web site to apply, it does not even show me my name and address, much less allow me to change it.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by UserMark
How do you make use of someone else's RSVP and zip? I got a targeted offer, and when I go to the web site to apply, it does not even show me my name and address, much less allow me to change it.
It depends on the card type. What sort of card (gold biz, plat biz etc.) your offer is for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.