Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:37 pm

I was impressed with this lounge when I stayed here on 8/20. Although it was not that large, it had enough space for the guests who were there. The food and service were good (salmon with rice pilaf, salad). I also received the welcome gift (lotion, shampoo, soaps), which I was not sure would be allowed through security, but it was not a problem.

I heard a Centurion Lounge may be coming to JFK, which would be a very nice addition. I think I'll keep my Platinum card for this benefit.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards Platinum, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Starwood, Delta, United
How far is the LGA lounge from Delta Terminal D

I fly often from Delta Terminal D and wanted to find out how far is the new Amex Lounge from there.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Anthony Dadlani
I fly often from Delta Terminal D and wanted to find out how far is the new Amex Lounge from there.
According to Google Maps - about 3,400 feet.

Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat, A3 Gold
Made my first visit this morning. The quality of the breakfast spread was top notch, the staff were friendly and proactive, and they were still giving out the gift bags. Considering I usually fly out of pier C, this lounge is a complete game changer. Will be interesting to see if they are able to maintain the service standards over the coming months.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I went to the sh!tty AAdmirals Club first before stumbling onto this thread.
Booked it out of there as soon as possible. Made it just in time for last call (7pm). Great Little lounge with good food.

Definitely a game changer for LGA
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I went to the sh!tty AAdmirals Club first before stumbling onto this thread.
Booked it out of there as soon as possible. Made it just in time for last call (7pm). Great Little lounge with good food.

Definitely a game changer for LGA
last call is at 7pm? OMG that sucks! I often take the 9pm flight home...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
last call is at 7pm?
Hours: 6:00 am – 8:00 pm. It seems odd that they would close the bar a full hour before the lounge.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm here right now... Food and cocktails are delicious and lounge isn't too busy. Wifi awesomely fast. More pictures and details to follow tomorrow once I get pics on onto my computer and get a TR going.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Hours: 6:00 am – 8:00 pm. It seems odd that they would close the bar a full hour before the lounge.
Thanks Mia... even 8pm is a bit early given flights continue to leave through around 9:15pm ... I guess even more reason to try to catch the earlier flights now! Or maybe give me 30 minutes to sober up before heading to the gate lol
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Some pics from my visit

(yeah so what, I was hungry!! )

Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:32 am

"Access is also complimentary for up to two guests"

Will be traveling from LGA with my wife and two children. How is the 4th guest handled? She is 12. Does she have to wait outside while we wine and dine ourselves? ;-)
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by amexman
"Access is also complimentary for up to two guests"
The actual text from the Amex FAQ is:

Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with two guests, or immediate family, at no additional charge.

So the 12 year old can come in and have wine and cocktails too!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Centurion Lounge @ LGA - August 27
Note: I lifted this section from my ongoing trip report

I retrieved my bag and after a brief moment of "what terminal am I in?" I found my way up to the 3rd floor and my second Centurion Lounge after visiting the one at LAS last fall. Following a quick welcome from the not at all dragony lounge dragon, I proceeded to the bar to grab a Spanish Harlem, a "kinda sorta but not really" twist on a margarita. It was fantastic. Moving onto the food, I was hungry, so I sampled much of the food. I had the salmon, the veggies, the tomatoes, the crustini, and the strawberry shortcake. All was very tasty and not all that unlike what I'd expect to get paying in a restaurant. I followed this with a Manhattan Beach which was delicious but bit more generic cocktail. As I Google mapped my way to the city, I had a Big Apple, which was my least favorite of the three cocktails. As the menu says, it is refreshing, just not my cup of tea.

Service was attentive, but not overbearing. Within a couple minutes of pushing an empty glass or plate aside, somebody would swoop in to take it away and offer water or whatever else. Didn't have to wait at the bar for drinks and the bartenders were really friendly.

All in it is a great place to start or end a trip. Off to get my metrocard and get into the city.

Salmon, veggies, and a Spanish Harlem while looking over the tarmac

Dessert

Aircraft diversity
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AC*75K, Amex Centurion, Marriott Platinum Elite, All Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Was there this morning for breakfast. About 6 people in the entire lounge. Not the easiest to find as there isn't a lot of signage and the hallways to get there are pretty long if take the escalator up towards the AC Lounge.

Nice spot similar to the locations in DFW and LAS. There's a media/sitting area away from the food with a long hallway with lounge seating that separates this space from the bar/food area.

Reception there advised we leave at least 30 minutes to clear TSA. We had our boarding passes on our smart phones and were told they we needed AC to print up paper boarding passes for us. This caused us to be one of the last people boarding the plane and they were calling out names by then. Just a caution that may end up taking up more time since it is pre-security.

Was told the amenity kits ran out last week, so we didn't get anything.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
If I want to fly on AC, I now have several lounges to choose from - the AC Maple Leaf Club lounge, and the UA Club lounge. For AC flights, can this lounge be accessed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.