Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: Amex Cent, Hilton Diamond, CX Gold
Same offer in Hongkong.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
CX Diamond extended for another year in Canada!

yippee..

then 60,000 miles to re-qualify (which is half the miles)..
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by ACfly
yippee..

Really? Really?!

WOW!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:00 pm
BLV

$750 GC for Pomellato. No minimum spend. Offer expires 2/15/15.

Last edited by BLV; Nov 19, 2014 at 5:46 pm
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:59 pm
Suspended

yippee..

Last month I had sent a very urgent email to Amex urging them to consider that option in light of the AC Altitude gutting and people looking for alternatives. This makes alot of sense and I am expecting fully to take advantage of this (finally after letting this diamond membership lay dormant for two years). Makes it easier to do the jump over instead of trying to accomplish those 60k miles by March.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Centurion Argentina, for the 6th consecutive year brings some benefits for cardholders who visit Punta del Este during January.

- One free dinner for two at La Bourgogne Punta del Este (and other restaurants)
- Free passes to the Tequila Bar (worth $100 per night)
- and other not sos WOW benefits (beach clubs with all day happy hours, etc)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by mradey
It's a little strange, this one. I availed myself of a free night yet I still got charged for the room.

On calling customer services in the UK, after a bit of a kerfuffle, I was informed that the hotel charges the one night as a deposit (note: there is a cancellation policy) and this will be refunded at check out......

In my case, I've booked the Wynn Las Vegas and the cancellation policy is 2 days prior to check-in. Benefits, late arrival, 100USD Spa credit, breakfast and got slight upgrade to a suite.

Cheers,
Adey
Just checked out from the Wynn having stayed there on this offer.

The Tower Suite was a really good set of rooms. There is a separate, semi private bar for the Tower Suite guests along with our own breakfast restaurant (not sure if others can use).

In addition to the above benefits in my previous post, I was also given 100USD credit to spend anywhere in the hotel

At check out, I did have to remind them to refund my advance purchase of the room, which they did with no hassle.

All in all, an excellent stay and I would certainly stay there again. Not sure how the resort rooms are but the tower suites excellent.

Great Amex offer - more please.
Adey
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by BLV
$750 GC for Pomellato. No minimum spend. Offer expires 2/15/15.
+1 just received this in the mail.

Received $500 for Brioni 6-months ago and another $500 for something else. I don't remember what it was but I never used it.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
Are any US cents still getting offers? Between 2006 and 2010 it seemed like I would receive a gift card (Mikimoto, Michael Kors, Wynn, etc) or an actual gift (Canon camera, bags, etc) at least once per month... since 2010, I don't recall receiving a single offer or gift.

Frustrating, considering my current spend is about 3x what it was in 2010. I've called and checked to make sure I'm still on the "marketing list". If other US cents are receiving gifts, any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by shaunco
Are any US cents still getting offers? Between 2006 and 2010 it seemed like I would receive a gift card (Mikimoto, Michael Kors, Wynn, etc) or an actual gift (Canon camera, bags, etc) at least once per month... since 2010, I don't recall receiving a single offer or gift.

Frustrating, considering my current spend is about 3x what it was in 2010. I've called and checked to make sure I'm still on the "marketing list". If other US cents are receiving gifts, any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
Did you change your address in 2010? I used to get all the offers too, then I changed my address several years ago and simply stopped receiving them.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Report Centurion "WOW" Offers, Invites, Gifts

Cost cutting probably. In UK now it tends to be "preregistered 20% discount" at certain fashion labels I don't use (eg DKNY). Before it was £150-500 gift vouchers at eg Ferragamo which I would definitely take advantage of. More effective IMO despite the fact that the absolute saving could be more - a discount I only spend if I want something from that brand where as a gift card I will use. Then again if they offered 50% discount I might be inclined to use it.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
nothing here

Originally Posted by stimpy
Did you change your address in 2010? I used to get all the offers too, then I changed my address several years ago and simply stopped receiving them.
No "real" gift since 2010 at least. I think there was a 2 night stay @ the Wynn 2+ years ago and a $1000 Choppard gift card with strings attached. Nothing for past 2 years at least.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:43 am

yippee..

Great news - I have really been able to use this benefit and am glad to hear this. Can you please let me know how you found out about the year extension?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
Originally Posted by stimpy
I changed my address in mid-2009, received 3 (or so) offers/gifts at the new address, then nothing for the last 4 years.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:51 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Great news - I have really been able to use this benefit and am glad to hear this. Can you please let me know how you found out about the year extension?
I was sent via mail a personal letter from Cathay Pacific. Nothing published online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.